Fairy Massacre

nitebyrd

I bought this perfume just because of the name and I LOVE it! I lasts so long and I've gotten so many compliments on it. I thought it might be too sweet, but that's not the case, it's soft and very sexy - even if the name is just too funny!

• 1 month later...

Ahem. (coughs nervously)

This is my first post here at LP and only the second fragrance review period. I just had to write about what happened yesterday whilst I was wearing Fairy Massacre.

I had to take my 8yodd to the pediatrician for a well-check. When I was standing at the little glassed window, checking her in, the receptionist said "Oh! You smell SO good. What are you wearing?". I froze. I laughed. I stammered my explaination...."Oh....it's called...you'll never believe it....sounds so crazy....never imagined anyone would ask....Fairy Massacre by ....o....a company called Love Potions ........ohmyohmyohmyohmy." I was turning all shades of crimson.

She calls the other 5 ladies in the reception room over to our shared window of perfumed happiness so that I may waft a bit in their direction.

"Oh" they all murmured.....how lovely...how subtle...how unique.

The window slides closed and I regain my composure whilst perusing Newsweek on the waiting room sofa with my child.

Slowly the window opens again. "Ah....we're having some trouble finding the site. Can you come in and show us?"

:wacko:

The entire office ( including the nurse who was pulled from examining another child to sniff me) was SO excited....planning and plotting their order.....oohing and ahhing over the graphics and descriptions on the site. They could not get over the $5 samples and the free shipping. It totally made my day!

I should also note...I've been a perfume oil devotee for over a year now and NEVER in all of my other-company-wearing-days has ANYONE so much as said a THING ( except one time a friend said "what smells like Playdoh on you?" :( )

So this was an epiphany! Love Potions smell SO good on me. All kinds..honest!

Christine

:wacko: Thank you for that HYSTERICAL report, Christine!

You had Danna and I here howling with laughter! And someone did indeed order a trial vial of Fairy Massacre from your state today - so thank you so much for spreading the word! One of our other friends refuses to tell anyone what she is wearing when she gets complimented on our stuff cause she wants to be the only one to wear it in her area, LOL!

And thank you, nitebyrd, for your your lovely review too!

xoxoxoxoxox

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I actually recently got a bottle before even testing it. When I first tried it it seemed a bit too resiny smelling for me and I was afraid i would get a headache. However,after wearing it again TODAY ( I have like a dozen perfumes on right now though lol) it's seems much nicer and i can smell a sweetness and it seems more multifacted than the first time.. not sure why that is. It's lovely, smells just liek juiced garden faeries! muahaha

It is kinda hard to explain the scent though besides that it is a lovely grassy floral concoction.

I actually recently got a bottle before even testing it. When I first tried it it seemed a bit too resiny smelling for me and I was afraid i would get a headache. However,after wearing it again TODAY ( I have like a dozen perfumes on right now though lol) it's seems much nicer and i can smell a sweetness and it seems more multifacted than the first time.. not sure why that is. It's lovely, smells just liek juiced garden faeries! muahaha

It is kinda hard to explain the scent though besides that it is a lovely grassy floral concoction.

Thanks Ivy, this is definetly on me tester list. Oh my the list is getting long! :D

I got this sample a few days ago, but forgot to talk about it!

Alrighty, so when I openned the vial, I sniffed it, and I was like "omg, I ain't wearing this!!!" cause it smelled really stuffed and concentrated, or maybe I just had a bad nose day lol

But then, I was like, okay selva, don't judge a book by it's cover now, just try it on...

I tried it on the first 10 mins, this stuff was really heavy on me, pretty spicy actually...

But then I forgot about it, and went to school. People were turning around looking at me (felt awkward!). One old grandma came and asked me what perfume I was wearing because it smelled really whimsical.

Came back home, since I forgot about the perfume's name, looked at it, and it said "Faerie Massacre" Hah! no wonder!

This is a wonderful, I usually shy away from resins (since I'm not fond of them), but this one is real nice :)

• 1 month later...

I love this! It is super strong and very sweet. I smell grasses, citrus and very sweet, garden like flowers. This is so very unusual.

My mother called last night after I just had put this on. She was talking about how missed a perfume that she wore back in high school. She said it was lemoney, sexy yet you could wear it anywhere. This one is exactly what she was talking about. The flowers in this one do indeed remind me of something she would wear and has worn. It reminds me of a Revlon scent she wears that she thought was discontinued but tracked down somewhere and now applies like a mad woman. This perfume smells way more natural than it and less chemical-like. My mother is only 51 so she is pretty young. I am 29.

So, I am mailing the sample off today with a few other samples to my mother. She just got engaged and I thought a little gift would be in order.

• 3 months later...

I too ordered this one originally strictly on the name. And it is my go-to floral extravaganza perfume. It's soo pretty without being shallowly floral...I don't know if that makes sense. And one application lasts all day without having to reapply.

• 5 months later...

I love this one more every time I wear it, and to think I bought my first bottle on a whim because it was on sale (when I initailly joined the site) and because the name made me smile. So glad I got a second bottle in this month's sale!

• 9 months later...

I would never have thought something so intensely floral could be RICH, but this is. There's a density to the riot of flowery goodness. It isn't grassy or resiny on me at all, just extremely floral. It's not white, or pink, or green, or purple. It's... I'm at a loss. It smells like a syrup of 1,000,000 wildflowers, but not sugar-sweet, just flower-sweet. OK, I give up. I wish I could have gallon jugs of this. It would be amazing in the bath, in hair product, as a linen freshener.... sigh.

It almost has a "dirty smell" when it first goes on.

I was looking at this the other day, laughing at the name then---OMG that song, crack me up. I really want to try this one now!

• 3 weeks later...

TMI WARNING

I thought I was imagining it the first time I tried this, but once again -- this scent makes me as horny as a mountain goat. I've got NO cops or other horny-making stuff on, at ALL. Very strange.

Pheromones aren't the only things which can arouse us...scent is provocative and evocative. There are certain scents which turn me on just as fast as whatever male phero Quince might wear for playtime.

Scent has power, and that is the primary goal of M&D's artistry, to grant us that power through scent and intent.

Well how can I not comment on my love of this after just finishing the latest Hollows book....speaking of Fairy Massacres. And after all my avi is Miss Rachel and mighty Jenks.

I'll have to dig this one out of my stash - it's a fab green floral!

TMI WARNING

I thought I was imagining it the first time I tried this, but once again -- this scent makes me as horny as a mountain goat. I've got NO cops or other horny-making stuff on, at ALL. Very strange.

LOL Yep I have been there...Eye of the Storm does that to me!