Archive: Any Color You Like (aka Any Colour You Like)

luna65

In loving acknowledgment of an instrumental journey unlike any other...

Coconut and lavender milk form the glistening light source which is then split into jeweled shards of rich red (cherry), juicy orange (peach), luminous yellow (lemon), cool green (lime), calming cyan (blue musk) and luscious purple (blackberry). Mysterious as that most famous of symbols...it is your very own rainbow to wear and enjoy. And of course a tribute to this classic tune wouldn't be complete without a groovy pink tint for our fruity yet sophisticated brew.

BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
LAVENDER MILK ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
COCONUT MILK ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.

Created by: Mara & Julie (luna65)

Inspired by: "Any Colour You Like" by Pink Floyd

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Mara & Julie

With special thanks to John for his colorfully genius suggestion! (Make it PINK!)

Musical Perfumicals collection, August 2011

Julie recalls the first time she heard the most famous album by her favorite band...

As a lifelong music lover, many important and influential events in my life possessed a specific soundtrack; and in some cases the music itself was the seminal experience.

At age 13 I was beginning to develop my own specific preferences, but as a child of the 1970s I consider myself lucky that I grew up in an era when so many kinds of music were being played on the radio. A very broad taste in music is a gift which keeps on giving.

My best friend Samantha and I spent many an hour listening to records and the radio and watching the music programs on television, endlessly obsessing over our favorite artists. Samantha had an older brother who we thought was the coolest, and so was his record collection. He gave us access to it but we had to treat his vinyl as the precious archive it was...I first heard so many classic albums while sitting in Samantha's room as we soaked up every note and chord.

One album kept drawing my attention to it, with a beautifully iconic cover, so very enigmatic in its simplicity. Samantha didn't think she'd like it and so was never tempted, but I finally wore her down.

"Just once, okay? If you don't like it you never have to hear it again."

When I asked her brother if we could borrow it, he nodded, but then spoke in a hushed, reverent tone.

"It might freak you out, kinda. But if you can listen to it with the lights out, it will blow your mind."

...and that's just what it did: a combination of amazing ambiance, cosmic songwriting, and fluid soulful powerful performances. It was – and is – an album for the ages. And the first time I heard it, it changed my life forever, though it was a few years before I became a dyed (pink)-in-the-wool fan of the band who created it. But I will never forget the first time, sitting in the dark, letting the sounds wash over me and feeling my consciousness actually expand courtesy of a record which is its own mind-altering experience.