Archive: Sugar Plum Fae

luna65

image.png.0cb66fa3c49f7590dc90f623a12426cd.png

The epitome of fluid grace, charm and sweetness, just like the music which lives on forever as a beautiful reminder…lovely sugar plums and rosewater are made deliciously delicate with accents of pink sugar and misty powdered sugar then adorned with a sheer feminine veil of musk.

SUGAR PLUMS ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.

ROSE WATER ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

Created by: Mara & Victoria

Inspired by: "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies" by Tchaikovsky

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: "Swan Lake - Odette and Swans" by Fairy Fantasies

Musical Perfumicals collection, August 2011

Victoria recalls a special person in her life who is forever associated with a certain classical composition...
I used to work at a famous lingerie shop which shares my name. It was required that any employee wear all black, a bit of a heel, make-up and neat, styled hair. Any time I hear Tchaikovsky's "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies" it takes me back to that time (because they played classical music on the PA all day) - I recall feeling so beautiful and gilded, like I was part of what the company represented. I felt like I was part of the show, what we were selling.

I loved being a part of the team, or in my head: the cast. I honestly felt like I was part of a show working there performing in a beautiful ballet; at times tiring, but everyone looked and smelled beautiful, it was also the time I went from being a girlish ”Vickie” to a more sophisticated “Victoria.” My boss was like a mentor to me, she said I should always go by Victoria, it was beautiful and strong like me, and she was going to make me a star. She pushed me physically and mentally. Man, that woman - we would work long hours to set up the store for new merchandise - sometimes until 2 am!

When I decided to take her up on that offer and be her protégée, I discovered she was dying of cancer. I had no idea. Everyone was shocked. The woman had such grace, energy and spirit! She was never tired. She had leukemia, and had been in treatment for it, then I remembered all the silk scarves she wore around her neck so no one could see her battle scars.

I was there with all her girls - some with the company, some not - at St. Joseph’s in Burbank right before she passed. It was heartbreaking for me. I cried so much. I grabbed her hand and teasingly told her she looked terrible and as soon as she got out of there we were going to go tanning and then drink lots of margaritas. She laughed. She died that same day. She was only 30. I loved Melissa, she would always say she saw so much of me in her and she had so much to teach me. For me that time in my life was a HUGE growing experience. I went from being a little girl (Vickie) to being a lady (Victoria). I've gone by Victoria ever since Melissa crowned me that day so many years ago – in-between Cotton and the Bra Room.