Archive: Time of Your Life

luna65

image.png.b11172a87d04497dbd70f0ec9d012610.png

The ambiance of cool, night time salty sea air, mingled with tropical balsam, native citrus and a sweet whiff of suntan oil over a base of musky chypre.

YUCCA ~ Transmutation, protection, purification.

ALOE ~ Protection, luck, healing, success.

BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.

BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

ORANGE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.

MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

CHYPRE ~ a blend of Civet, Ambergris, Oakmoss and Musk, it is considered a potently sexual combination with wealth drawing properties as well.

SALT WATER ACCORD:

SALT ~ Protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy. Resurrection, baptism.

WATER ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

Created by: Mara & tyvey

Inspired by: "Good Riddence" by Green Day

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Santa Monica Pier, looking north toward Pacific Coast Hwy

Musical Perfumicals collection, August 2011

Review Thread

tyvey shared with us her memories in regards to a certain song...

The night before I moved away from Los Angeles, I drove around town with the top down, with one of my favorite songs playing on repeat. Up down and around Santa Monica, down that hill with the heart-stopping view to Pacific Coast Highway, up to Malibu, Wilshire through Brentwood to Beverly Hills, Mulholland, Hollywood, down Fairfax and back around.

I had wanted to live there so badly, and had had some great fun there, and of course I was crazy about the weather. But even though I had friends and plenty to do, I had never felt so intensely lonely in my life as I did there. I think it was mostly that 100% of my family and existing closest friends, with whom I was closer than my family, were all far away, and for whatever reason the friendships I did make in LA just weren't of the same intensity, support, closeness as what I had left behind. An unfair comparison since I had only been there for a couple of years, but so it was.

So, as gorgeous as that night was - like most every night - and though I knew I'd miss my friends and the relative daily general sheer PLEASANTNESS of life there - I had very mixed feelings about leaving. I looked forward to being back with my longtime loved ones. Disappointment and maybe even remorse, but a resigned acceptance that I'd tried and it hadn't been right and that was okay.

To this day I associate a particular song with that drive and especially with Santa Monica and that stretch of PCH going up to Malibu. From that night I most remember the as-always perfect coolness of the breeze, looking up at the sky a lot through palms, that unmistakable unforgettable smell of sand releasing the heat that it had absorbed from the sun throughout the day, and the salt tang of the ocean, of course...