Archive: Spark in the Dark

luna65

A warm sultry night containing flashes of lascivious light... Sexy and mysterious resins - Tunisian patchouli and lush exotic amber - crafted to be lighter in tone for the warmer months, shot through with airy musk and a sprinkle of sparkling white sugar.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: "Midsummer Eve" by Edward Robert Hughes

May 2012

The darkness which was not quite darkness flickered and flashed like winking fairy lights, seeming to entice and lead towards a secret place.
“How much longer,” I groused, struggling to keep up with my companion.
 He was fleet and graceful, clearing roots and rocks along the path with ease.  It was so dark even the fireflies weren’t helping me find my way, though the moon glittered between the branches overhead in brief glimpses.
“C’mon c’mon,” he called, his voice melodious, “and I’ll tell you about the sparks!”
I ran, praying I wouldn’t trip and break the jar I was carrying.
Eventually we came out of the woods and into the meadow, transformed by the night with a silver glow and the luminescence of a veritable army of fireflies.  I collapsed into the cool tall grass and turned my face towards that beacon of mystery in the velvety sky.  He sat beside me, his dark hair and eyes nearly blending into the night itself save his skin which shone in the moonlight.
“La Lune,” he said, gesturing upwards, “she is a demanding mistress. She is always clothed in reflected light which is then transformed by her imagination into an enchanting  few can resist.  She looks across the heavens to her lover Le Sol, but cannot see him, though she lusts for his golden aura.  It is said in a moment of anger she threw her arms wide and a shower of sparks fell from her, floated all the way down to Earth and wandered far and wide, became these fireflies.”
A few flashed before us at that moment, as if they were helping him tell the story.
“So can the Sun see them now, these little messages to the one she loves?”
Even in the darkness I could see his smile, feel his touch as soft fingers slid along my skin, his breath warm against my neck.
“All lovers can see the fire which lures them into the darkness of curiosity, moving towards the moment of union with the one they seek.”
He pulled me down upon the grass as the sparks of their passion and ours continued to light up the long summer night.