HALP! I can’t keep a scent :(

So I have about a good 15+ samples and they all zap off of my skin instantly... What am I doing wrong? ? I make sure to moisturize before hand and wait a few good minutes before I put my perfume on, and it disappears... If I’m not moisturized, the scent disappears. I guess my skin is so freaking moisture thirsty... idk. Could It be because they’re oils??? Should I get alcohol based sprays instead? ? Like I used the wand at first but now I’m using my finger tip to put the scent on. I want to be able to not have to shove my wrist into my nose to be able to smell the scent.

For example I have the sampler of PCMP and the Phero works like a charm, but I never get to smell it. ☹️ I’ve asked people if they smell me and they ask what? And I have to shove my wrist in their nose for them to know what I’m talking about. Like if I wanted to I could put a regular non-Phero’d perfume over it that doesn’t even correlate with the smell because it’s NOT. THERE.

I only have one 1/3 Fl.oz. Oil roll on and that’s of the BCP w/ LAM + Aja but I have yet to wear it. But because of this it’s detering me from buy samples anymore, even though I know I can sell them off and just go to full roll on bottles. What’s the point of buying them if they don’t even last two minutes on my skin? Any advice would be appreciated. ?????

are you using soap or shower gel on your skin?

maybe try shower gel, i can keep my scents on all day without any problems, also i don't mosturise my skin either.

Hopefully others with more experience will chime in soon.

May I ask what kind of lotion you're using and when you apply perfume are you rubbing it in?

I've seen suggestions for lightly smooshing it around to make dry down faster, but I've read that rubbing too hard can "crush" the scent.

6 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

May I ask what kind of lotion you're using and when you apply perfume are you rubbing it in?

I've seen suggestions for lightly smooshing it around to make dry down faster, but I've read that rubbing too hard can "crush" the scent.

i agree on not rubbing it too hard, i also have figured out just to let it dry down, works better for me.

12 minutes ago, Fang said:

are you using soap or shower gel on your skin?

maybe try shower gel, i can keep my scents on all day without any problems, also i don't mosturise my skin either.

I’m using soap, I could always try shower gel

9 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

I’m using Shea butter it’s really oily but it helps keep my skin moisturized and soft. I might have to apply the lotion at night.. it’s real thick on my skin so when it finally dries out it takes the scent too. I may have to wake up earlier and allow it to set in more before I apply. I can’t use regular alcohol based lotions they dry my skin out. ? and I lightly rub it with my pointer finger.. so it might be lotion dry down needs to be longer. I’ll try that tomorrow. As well as shower gel. 

You're probably not using enough perfume oil, and likely in the wrong places.

Forget the wand. Tip the vial onto your fingertip. Apply belly button to cleavage, several stripes.

Oils need heat for diffusion. If you get in alcohol, the alcohol provides the lift. Without it, you need heat, so apply to the hottest parts of your body. The wrists do not make enough heat. If it has sexual pheros, keep app points from cleavage on down. crooks of elbows, back of knees, small of back - (no hair, face, neck or ears). If it's a social blend, you can also apply to the back of the neck.

Try these app tips, use more oil, and report back! Good luck! :)

6 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

You're probably not using enough perfume oil, and likely in the wrong places.

Forget the wand. Tip the vial onto your fingertip. Apply belly button to cleavage, several stripes.

Oils need heat for diffusion. If you get in alcohol, the alcohol provides the lift. Without it, you need heat, so apply to the hottest parts of your body. The wrists do not make enough heat. If it has sexual pheros, keep app points from cleavage on down. crooks of elbows, back of knees, small of back - (no hair, face, neck or ears). If it's a social blend, you can also apply to the back of the neck.

Try these app tips, use more oil, and report back! Good luck! :)

Thank you for your words of wisdom @Potion Master! Now that you mention it... I am probably applying it way to conservatively I guess I’m just scared of OD’ing (I’m sure I couldn’t unless I dump the whole sample on me) and taking the phrase “Less is more” too literally ???. I’ve ditched the wand and have been using my finger, but I’ll definitely apply more from now on. I usually only place it (PCMP) on the crooks of my elbows, and my wrist and a dab on the neck. My BCP w/ LAM + Aja I’ll definitely have to test on my days off a few days this week using the lollipop method. And I’ll report back with updated results. ?☺️

On 9/15/2018 at 11:58 PM, Vicki Lee said:

Thank you for your words of wisdom @Potion Master! Now that you mention it... I am probably applying it way to conservatively I guess I’m just scared of OD’ing (I’m sure I couldn’t unless I dump the whole sample on me) and taking the phrase “Less is more” too literally ???. I’ve ditched the wand and have been using my finger, but I’ll definitely apply more from now on. I usually only place it (PCMP) on the crooks of my elbows, and my wrist and a dab on the neck. My BCP w/ LAM + Aja I’ll definitely have to test on my days off a few days this week using the lollipop method. And I’ll report back with updated results. ?☺️

You may also want to try a lighter version of Shea butter... I have used Shea butter with LP scents and it would completely disappear on me... I had to literally pour the entire vial on myself and still nothing... No smell or 'hits'....  I would try mixing the shea butter with a lighter lotion. let the lotion soak in, apply the fragranced phero or fragrance (virgin) on area that heat up like Potion aster said and it should last all day. Also try a few drops on a cotton ball and stick it in your bra (cleavage area).  I've tried that and it works so far.. Lasts all day!

8 minutes ago, Maya said:

You may also want to try a lighter version of Shea butter... I have used Shea butter with LP scents and it would completely disappear on me... I had to literally pour the entire vial on myself and still nothing... No smell or 'hits'....  I would try mixing the shea butter with a lighter lotion. let the lotion soak in, apply the fragranced phero or fragrance (virgin) on area that heat up like Potion aster said and it should last all day. Also try a few drops on a cotton ball and stick it in your bra (cleavage area).  I've tried that and it works so far.. Lasts all day!

As soon as I woke up this morning the first thing I did was put Shea butter on. So by that time it had been an hour when I put my PCMP on I actually got a better smell to it. Not quite where I want it yet, but still able to smell it if I put my wrist up. It’s been about an hour, That’s progress :). I have the thick raw kind I have to rub it in to melt. I’m about to get some mango butter, Shea butter, and coconut oil and create a DIY whipped body butter for easier application. I might just try the cotton ball method as well. ;)

11 minutes ago, Vicki Lee said:

As soon as I woke up this morning the first thing I did was put Shea butter on. So by that time it had been an hour when I put my PCMP on I actually got a better smell to it. Not quite where I want it yet, but still able to smell it if I put my wrist up. It’s been about an hour, That’s progress :). I have the thick raw kind I have to rub it in to melt. I’m about to get some mango butter, Shea butter, and coconut oil and create a DIY whipped body butter for easier application. I might just try the cotton ball method as well. ;)

i have transferred some of mine to empty trial vials, get a better coverage that way!

15 minutes ago, Fang said:

i have transferred some of mine to empty trial vials, get a better coverage that way!

Wait you transfer full bottles to trial vials? I only have multiple vials and one bottle. The PCMP was a trial vial. 

1 hour ago, Vicki Lee said:

Try your forearms and crooks of elbows instead... The wrists don't usually hold smell for long and if you wash your hands often it will disappear quickly. 

Yeah I have the same kind as well and mixing it with cocoa butter made it rock hard even after I whipped it... I'm trying to see how I can thin my out a little for the winter...

Especially when its super hot, it will diffuse even more! 

For you butter lovers like meself...

Melt the harder butters in the microwave along with the softer butters - Mango, Soy, Pumpkin Seed, Avocado butters and coconut oil (not butter) will blend well but make it much softer. Only use like 25% max of the harder butters, (Shea and Cocoa).

Put in plastic bowl all together and melt for few seconds at a time..like not more than 30 seconds tops. When the hardest ones get soft blend all together and let them firm up a little if you want to use a hand blender. Otherwise, just pour all the melted stuff into a new container, leave it to sit at room temp (uncovered) for a few hours until it hardens back up. You'll know the final softness by the next day. You can remelt again using more soft butters if still too hard.

• 2 weeks later...