New Releases for Autumn 2018 - 'WEENIES!

Potion Master

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elume .. I haven't a clue.  I know I said that above for the Moondust Cocoa, but I was totally joking. 

Elume should have an autumnal spin, how about vanilla, nutmeg,  marshmallow root, and  tamarind, anchored with musk ...

Z-Day! - I'm guessing some decay - over ripe fruits,  (apple?)  storax, dragons blood, dark musks and ambers. 

-Talk about a shot in the dark!  (but I tried) :)

7 hours ago, luna65 said:

No added shimmer, sorry!  I came up with that name based on the image we decided to use.

Aw man!  I was psyched for the mica!   (It's okay, I can move on .... slowly)

Mangelwurzel - wowza.  I always hoped for a potion with beet after reading Jitterbug Perfume.

“The beet is the most intense of vegetables. The radish, admittedly, is more feverish, but the fire of the radish is a cold fire, the fire of discontent not of passion. Tomatoes are lusty enough, yet there runs through tomatoes an undercurrent of frivolity. Beets are deadly serious.

Slavic peoples get their physical characteristics from potatoes, their smoldering inquietude from radishes, their seriousness from beets.

The beet is the melancholy vegetable, the one most willing to suffer. You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip...

The beet is the murderer returned to the scene of the crime. The beet is what happens when the cherry finishes with the carrot. The beet is the ancient ancestor of the autumn moon, bearded, buried, all but fossilized; the dark green sails of the grounded moon-boat stitched with veins of primordial plasma; the kite string that once connected the moon to the Earth now a muddy whisker drilling desperately for rubies.

The beet was Rasputin's favorite vegetable. You could see it in his eyes.”

Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

Loving the labels, well, sorry, except for Baby Boo. Snails are the things nightmares are made out of for me, those and slugs, ewwww, ewwww, ewwww! (I'll still try the perfume of course!) The one that has caught my eye is Moondust Cocoa

10 hours ago, IndieAna said:

Loving the labels, well, sorry, except for Baby Boo. Snails are the things nightmares are made out of for me, those and slugs, ewwww, ewwww, ewwww! (I'll still try the perfume of course!) The one that has caught my eye is Moondust Cocoa

... do you don’t put that anti-aging snail slime on your face ?  Hahaha. (I don’t either, the very thought creeps me out). 

1 hour ago, Eve said:

... do you don’t put that anti-aging snail slime on your face ?  Hahaha. (I don’t either, the very thought creeps me out). 

Um, what?

Gorgeous as usual!  Weenies are my favorites because I love this time of year so much!  Are any unisex or male scents?  My husband and son are interested in LPs now.  I actually call my son Baby Boo sometimes (he's 16).  His nickname came from Boo-Boo (Yogi Bear) and was shortened to Boo a long time ago, and because he's my baby it sometimes pops out as "Baby Boo".  When I showed him the label, he asked "Is that for guys?"  :rofl222:

2 hours ago, Eve said:

@Eastwood22

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/13/smallbusiness/snail-cream-beauty-products/index.html

...If that’s what it takes to combat aging count me out! Im happy being a snail mucous free old broad! 

I like it well enough in my IT Cosmetics CC cream. Snail slime isn't a selling point for me in a moisturizer though.

4 hours ago, Eve said:

@Eastwood22

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/13/smallbusiness/snail-cream-beauty-products/index.html

...If that’s what it takes to combat aging count me out! Im happy being a snail mucous free old broad! 

Ick! From what I can see you're doing just fine without it

4 hours ago, luna65 said:

Mangelwurzel, Elume, Unbeleafable and Soul Food are unisex.

And this is why I don't try to guess the ingredients lol - I barely got a 50% guess as to which ones are masculine or unisex.

I just updated the first post to include info about prints if anyone is interested! Posting here as well so nobody misses it....

Amazing images from our guest artist of the month, Shannon Stamey!

Shannon says of himself: "Self-taught, traditional illustrator from rural North Carolina. Inspired, in large part, by the Golden Age greats, film, blustery mornings, late nights and my record collection."

The following are available as 11x14 prints!

Baby Boo, Ebil-ish, Elume, Espiritual, Mangelwurzel, Mommy's Little Monster, Moondust Cocoa, Soul Food, Z-Day.

11"x14" prints start at $50.

Anyone interested in prints can contact Shannon on Facebook or on Instagram under "October Illustrations".

I encourage you all to go have a look. He has many amazing pieces to peruse, and some fabulous comic book /superhero artwork too. Not to mention, he's adorable, a work of art himself, so go ogle. :lol:

A big thanks to Wendy for introducing us to his amazing work!

On 9/28/2018 at 9:20 PM, luna65 said:

It doesn't actually have any beet in it.  The name is inspired by the original jack o'lantern, which was a turnip.

Mangel wurzel is in the beet family and has a few beet nicknames!  I'm so sad now.  Maybe Mara can someday brew up a beet pollen LP.

In the meantime I'll have to console myself with a new bottle of Ebil-ish.  ?

16 hours ago, greenappletart said:

Lol, all this talk of it not being a beet is kind of making me want a scent with a beet note. That plant heavy sweetness and fresh earth smell. I'd be curious how Mara would interpret that.

Me too. 

One question: Is it just two perfumes with pheromones this halloween LE?

Edited by Hildegerd

On 9/28/2018 at 7:34 AM, Eastwood22 said:

mangelwurzel (plural mangelwurzels)

1. A root vegetable, variety of Beta vulgaris, cultivated chiefly as cattle feed.

Hmmmmm. A beet, grown for feeding cattle?

My guess on this one is pumpkin and caramel corn. (Beet sugar on that corn.)

It taste very nice and sweet raw and I often bring it with me in my brown bag to work. And a traditional dish are salt meat with mashed mangelwurzel together with beer. It is absolutely lovely.

16 minutes ago, Hildegerd said:

One question: Is it just two perfumes with pheromones this halloween LE?

Three if you want to count the hedione in Rain Flower.

59 minutes ago, rain_dancer said:

Mangel wurzel is in the beet family and has a few beet nicknames! 

Yes I know.

I think the three labels that are not available as prints were originally paintings that sold or were given as gifts to family and friends, before prints were made. 'Unbeleafable'  was a piece he actually completed in the gallery in which it eventually was placed for an exhibition. Can't remember which site, but there is a video of him painting at the gallery.

I am absolutely on pins and needles to find out what is in these new releases.

2 hours ago, Fang said:

how long will these scents be available?

Just like everything else Mara makes as a limited edition, they'll be in the store, once they're in the store, until we buy them all up. If you look at the "Limited Editions" section of the virtual store, the scroll down menu can tell you how many bottles of what are left. I just checked, there are two scents from halloween 2016 left, those are the oldest ones left, and there's one or two of each in oil and one in spray. But she can't make the same numbers of everything because some of the ingredients/notes are in much smaller quantities than others. For instance, Blud, from last Halloween, sold out close to immediately, I think in only a few days. I suspect that some of the rebrews will sell out quickly this year. I have an older Ebil-ish, so I don't need to think about it/wait for a trial, I know I want it. So they could be available for a year or possibly even two, or maybe a week or less. Many people order the set of trials to check them all out as soon as they're available, but grab the no-brainers with their New Release order.

Edited by Eastwood22
run-on sentences aren't sexy

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/634113420/espiritual-autumn-2018-handcrafted

Espiritual:

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
EGYPTIAN ROSE GERANIUM ~ Blessings, Fertility, Love, Protection.
COPAL ~ Love, purification, cleansing.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.
DRAGON’S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency. 
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

Been reading over some of the scent notes and they sound AMAZING.