Moondust Cocoa

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1684676251_p22o.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Shannon Stamey @October Illustrations.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

When night has fallen and the full moon is your very own night light there’s nothing cozier before bedtime than a mug of deliciously steamy hot chocolate. Relax and enjoy the soothing comforts of powdered cocoa whipped within hot milk accord, sweetened with caramelized sugar, then dusted with dreamy drifts of powdered sugar.

It is said the Sandman

comes to sprinkle stardust in your sleepy eyes

but Lady Luna

has far better delights for your dreaming mind.

She treads upon moonbeams

cloaked in velvet night

wearing a crown of shimmering light.

She comes to gild your imaginings

in moondust and the magic of Midnight.

So sleep without a care

you’ll scarcely know that she is there

as she sings to you of far-off lands and adventures to be had.

To live a thousand lifetimes

before the dawn breaks

and wakes you in this mundane life.

Close your eyes and

Lady Luna will send you on your way

with a cloud of moondust and the magic of Midnight.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

I think this is a perfect bedtime scent!  I'm a fan of hot cocoa-type scents but this really is the pure product for sure.  And it seems to cling to me better than Cocoa Snuggle did, even as soft and powdery as it is.  But I can totally see slathering this and then drifting off to sleep, all snuggly and chocolate-y...

:bed4:

But also, it would make a good layering note for other things if you want to sweeten up another scent a bit.

I have this on right now, to snuggle my daughter to sleep. It really does smell like powdered cocoa! I feel like it's calling out for a little Aja or honey, my skin seems to have gobbled up the sugar and it almost smells like some kind of organic not-yet-sweetened cocoa powder, like the kind I buy for my kids instead of some sugary Swiss Miss. 

i think the company was Karma Sutra, they made some honey dust body powder? I want to mix this with that and powder my whole body with some giant fluffy puff.

8 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I have this on right now, to snuggle my daughter to sleep. It really does smell like powdered cocoa! I feel like it's calling out for a little Aja or honey, my skin seems to have gobbled up the sugar and it almost smells like some kind of organic not-yet-sweetened cocoa powder, like the kind I buy for my kids instead of some sugary Swiss Miss. 

i think the company was Karma Sutra, they made some honey dust body powder? I want to mix this with that and powder my whole body with some giant fluffy puff.

See, this makes me want to try it!  Chocolate goes too sweet on me very often. (...off to put in in my shopping cart!). 

Does anyone have have an opinion about the amber in it? Is in just in the background? 

1 hour ago, Eve said:

See, this makes me want to try it!  Chocolate goes too sweet on me very often. (...off to put in in my shopping cart!). 

Does anyone have have an opinion about the amber in it? Is in just in the background? 

I tried Moondust Cocoa the other day and didn't find the amber to be prominent at all. On me, it was a smooth, sweet rich cocoa and cream scent. This is what I had wanted Cocoa Snuggle to smell like. I think that the myrrh in Cocoa Snuggle made the cocoa seem flat or dusty on me. Moondust Cocoa smells like a rich, warm cup of cocoa with some sweet cream mixed in. It's really comforting and smells delicious!

@Eve the amber wasn't something I'd have noticed if I wasn't hunting for it. And it was sweeter in the vial for sure, I got a "dry" cocoa vibe, not sweet or cream. But, I can wear Sugared Milk and Honey, & Lick of Cream without having the dairy amp or go sour, you know both Dari Gold and Rocket Powder have major sweet cream vibes. So my sweet cream needs are HIGH, I just don't get much of it here, and my skin turns down sugar, I believe. If you turn up sugar, it could be perfect for you. This skin chemistry thread is pretty cool, I think I'm similar to @Invidiana, except most citrus works phenomenally well on me, and most-all civit/animalistic Musk types instantly turn to cat pee on me.

Chemistry Lessons

35 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Eve the amber wasn't something I'd have noticed if I wasn't hunting for it. And it was sweeter in the vial for sure, I got a "dry" cocoa vibe, not sweet or cream. But, I can wear Sugared Milk and Honey, & Lick of Cream without having the dairy amp or go sour, you know both Dari Gold and Rocket Powder have major sweet cream vibes. So my sweet cream needs are HIGH, I just don't get much of it here, and my skin turns down sugar, I believe. If you turn up sugar, it could be perfect for you. This skin chemistry thread is pretty cool, I think I'm similar to @Invidiana, except most citrus works phenomenally well on me, and most-all civit/animalistic Musk types instantly turn to cat pee on me.

Chemistry Lessons

I can't wear civit/animalistic musks either, except in Odalisque, which is tonquin- that smells amazing and doesn't turn on my skin. 

3 hours ago, Eve said:

Yes; the amber didn't really come out of me at all - it was a consistent evocation of hot cocoa powder on me.

I'm getting a rich dark chocolate type of hot cocoa with just enough sweetness to keep it from being bitter. This is going to be a great bedtime scent. I accidentally bought 2 bottles when ordering and I'm glad I did. Saves another order for a back up bottle :)

Ugh I want to love this so much but I can’t. I love it in the Vial but as soon as it makes contact with my skin, the sugars amp in a bad way. Certain sugars do this weird piercing but in a fuzzy way type thing on me. It’s why I can’t even wear the Sugared that my face is on much to my disappointment. The cocoa is glorious while wet but the powdered sugar makes it read a bit dusty to me after dry down mainly because the sugar amps so much. But I washed it off as well as I could a few minutes ago and though I got the majority off, a sheer remnant of it remains on my arms and THAT smells amazing. I can almost see repeating the process every so often just for the part that lingers after scrubbing. And I don’t think I’ve ever said that before. Lol

On me, this seems mostly to be powdery hot cocoa! Perfect PMS or bedtime scent, lol. I don't get much amber, either. Milk scents don't really agree with my skin, so I'll pass this on, but it's very yummy in the vial. 

I had such high hopes, and when I first apply it, it is all chocolate cocoa goodness.  As in amazing, and I instantly wanted  all of the bottles that LPMP had to offer....  But, my skin chemistry thought otherwise,  The cocoa said so long, and split.  The amber, that apparently doesn't show up for many who have reviewed it,  decided this was its show, and sugar joined in.  After a half hour, it was similar to Sugared Amber, and the cocoa was just a memory.  I think I may have to get a scent locket for it, because it is so great in the bottle. 

• 2 months later...

3-4 uses all are like a wonderful hot chocolate. 

Went to gym- Applied a bunch after since I was going to sleep. Yummy sleep scents. 

It was completely different this time! I got a few notes of chocolate, but it completely changed. 

The only thing I can come up with is the chemicals from the hot tub? Maybe caused a reaction? 

Anyone know? :) 

11 hours ago, amoradrianam said:

3-4 uses all are like a wonderful hot chocolate. 

Went to gym- Applied a bunch after since I was going to sleep. Yummy sleep scents. 

It was completely different this time! I got a few notes of chocolate, but it completely changed. 

The only thing I can come up with is the chemicals from the hot tub? Maybe caused a reaction? 

Anyone know? :)

Yes, that is absolutely possible !

Also the change in your own body temperature may affect the way the scent wears, and your ability to smell may get affected by the chlorine. 

I hope you find this all as fascinating as I do !

10 hours ago, amoradrianam said:

I would need to know what sort of cherry. I’m just not sure. 

What did you get up getting? 

I ended up ordering Sugared Cherries & a bottle of Sugared Milk Chocolate to layer it with :) I still may toss Moondust Cocoa in a future order though, even just a vial, because it sounds great, too. I debated for a hours on which to choose & just kinda ended up picking one just so that I could finalize my order already 😂 

• 1 month later...

Recently, I've been wearing Moondust Cocoa more often than not. I'm wearing it right now, in fact. It's great! It starts off just like you'd expect cocoa to smell, and after a while on my skin it's more of a mild, sweet amber with just a hint of the chocolate left. It's not super strong on me, but it's a very comforting smell. 

• 6 months later...

@Blackgirlmagic, I remember you wrote about Moondust Cocoa in the LFM thread, and you are so right...it is AMAZING! 
I wore this to bed last night, and it is like the most comforting warm cup of hot cocoa, but without the calories!  Nighttime cocoa that you pour in an oversized cup and use to warm your hands through your sweatshirt sleeves. And I can enjoy it as I drift off to sleep without having to worry about spilling the cup or cleaning it out in the morning. I think I will be wearing this a LOT this fall and winter!