EBIL-ish! 2018

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1637242926_d0a8.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Shannon Stamey @October Illustrations.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

This is the dark side of vanilla: the deepest most dreadful collection of that perennial favorite…featuring a diabolical duo of vanilla bean extract and luscious cake-y vanilla oil with just a wee dram of scotch whisky accord, EBIL-ly seasoned with gingerbread spices and clove bud EO then buried in the depths of mysteriously exotic Egyptian black musk. It just might make you feel a little EBIL!...ish. 

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

Ah...this Egyptian musk is SO GOOD!  I always say that, I know, but I just cannot stress enough the utter gorgeousness of this note when Mara uses it in a blend.  So smooth and warm and deep and utterly harmonious.  It then bundles everything else up in its' musky arms and I really like this version as compared to previous versions* in that it strikes me as a better blending, I guess.  In previous versions, before it aged, I think I was mostly getting clove with some vanilla, whereas with this one it really is a beautiful spicy dark vanilla musk.  Perfection!  I now understand the obsession with EBIL-ish! which others have had over the years.

* Even though I see that I was in favor of the previous release too, but never sprung for a bottle.

This starts out smelling surprisingly reminiscent of vintage Tabu. Not the same as, but in the same vein. 

Sadly, each time I try this, it ends up with a soapy vibe after I’ve had it in for a while maybe it’s one of the musks used? I dunno, but I’m so disappointed. 

It has great staying power. Anyone who likes spicy vanilla musk type fragrances should definitely consider it. It is gorgeous,  and I regret it is not going to work for me ?

Edited by Eve
Stupid autocorrect

I slathered mine on at work as soon as it arrived and I got non-stop compliments on it.

I don't get much vanilla, I get a lot of the fermented alcohol and it reminds me of "MIssissippi Moon" and it's swamp water note, which is a GOOD thing. :)

I'm putting it away for a bit to let it settle after traveling and I hope the vanilla comes out to play then!

On 10/14/2018 at 9:40 AM, Eve said:

This starts out smelling surprisingly reminiscent of vintage Tabu. Not the same as, but in the same vein. 

Sadly, each time I try this, it ends up with a soapy vibe after I’ve had it in for a while maybe it’s one of the musks used? I dunno, but I’m so disappointed. 

It has great staying power. Anyone who likes spicy vanilla musk type fragrances should definitely consider it. It is gorgeous,  and I regret it is not going to work for me ?

Egyptian Musk can definitely go soapy.

Remember ladies, that the second brew of Ebil-ish 2018 is now available!

I have loved all the versions of EBIL-ish.. it is just so pretty! The Egyptian musk is amazing.. is the Scotch accord new?? I don't remember that from before. But I think I wear this too much, because I might have become nose-blind to it ?  it seems like it disappears on me. 

5 hours ago, Bella15 said:

I have loved all the versions of EBIL-ish.. it is just so pretty! The Egyptian musk is amazing.. is the Scotch accord new?? I don't remember that from before. But I think I wear this too much, because I might have become nose-blind to it ?  it seems like it disappears on me. 

@Bella15 I had the same experience today with 2014 Ebil-ish, I think I just put too much on this morning. But it just smelled so good! Yesterday I worked the new variant, and later in the day I kept getting whiffs of my delicious self. I've also made myself momentarily nose blind with Desperation and Djinn. It also has a fermented alcohol note, maybe my nose thinks it's drunk and having a scent blackout.

9 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Bella15 I had the same experience today with 2014 Ebil-ish, I think I just put too much on this morning. But it just smelled so good! Yesterday I worked the new variant, and later in the day I kept getting whiffs of my delicious self. I've also made myself momentarily nose blind with Desperation and Djinn. It also has a fermented alcohol note, maybe my nose thinks it's drunk and having a scent blackout.

2014 is my favorite! I had a hoard of trial vials and made a little roller ball

ETA: a scent blackout ?

Edited by Bella15

7 minutes ago, Bella15 said:

2014 is my favorite! I had a hoard of trial vials and made a little roller ball

ETA: a scent blackout ?

I always wondered if people did that, buy a lot of trials and make a roller ball bottle out of them... How many samples did you need to make it? And was it like a 5ml bottle? Just an inquiring mind that would like to know ?. @Bella15

9 minutes ago, Vicki Lee said:

I always wondered if people did that, buy a lot of trials and make a roller ball bottle out of them... How many samples did you need to make it? And was it like a 5ml bottle? Just an inquiring mind that would like to know ?. @Bella15

I have maybe 6 trials of different things in my purse in a little pouch with 15 or so sniffles, and one pherotine. I'm totally cool to keep all trials in trial size so I don't have to risk leaking/ destroying bigger bottles. But I love to play mixologist, I'll never say never, I guess it would take like 6 trials to make a 10 ml rollerball. I think we lose a little product to the container each time we transfer so I'd prob be rinsing them out with a little perfumeri's alcohol to get every last precious drop. 

@johnsonlisa90012 my man didn't stop talking about his 1/2 lost bottle of the Art of War until QG was generous enough to part with another one! 

I leaked/spilled a lot of stuff in the beginning, (mostly) only trials in the purse now! 

11 hours ago, Vicki Lee said:

I always wondered if people did that, buy a lot of trials and make a roller ball bottle out of them... How many samples did you need to make it? And was it like a 5ml bottle? 

It takes four trial vials to make a full bottle, more or less, so about half that for a 5ml, I would say.

Not to rock the boat or anything, but if it takes 4 trials to make one RB, I think Mara should up the price of the trials $1 each because that doesn't seem fair. I appreciate that she doesn't up cost per oz as quantities get smaller and smaller, like most every company on the planet does, but she shouldn't lose $ per oz on the trials. Shouldn't the un phero'd trials be $6.25 then? And the phero'd be $8.25?

2 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Not to rock the boat or anything, but if it takes 4 trials to make one RB, I think Mara should up the price of the trials $1 each because that doesn't seem fair. I appreciate that she doesn't up cost per oz as quantities get smaller and smaller, like most every company on the planet does, but she shouldn't lose $ per oz on the trials. Shouldn't the un phero'd trials be $6.25 then? And the phero'd be $8.25?

No in regards to Phero’d, UN I’m not sure...

A bottle of Ebil-ish 24.95

trial $5, $5x5 samples (8.75 ml) = $25

Ex. A bottle of OCCO SLF 32.95

trial $6.50, $6.50 x 5 samples (8.75ml) = 32.50

Buying 5 samples with a $5 price you’d pay .05 more, and $6.50 would be a .45 difference.  

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

Well given that Mara has been doing this since the '80s I would assume that she's worked out her price points based on various factors and therefore has sound reasons for doing what she does.  We've had countless business-based discussions over the years and she really is incredibly intelligent when it comes to that side of things.  Certainly more than I would ever be! :lol:

Weird. Thought I replied to this earlier. I said something as to how I could write a book on how not to run a business. It's all a comedy of errors as to how I herd and curate this ship of cats I refer to as "my business." I wish Mara would come and manage my business! Or even just me. Someone really ought to be managing me.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:06 PM, Vicki Lee said:

Eek. I don't really remember. I bought some 5 ml roller balls from Pilot Vial and I *think* maybe they hold 2-3 trial vials.. I made a 10 ml bottle from 5-6 samples, when I couldn't find a back up of my beloved Carbon Black. Grand Parfum on Etsy has a lot of vials/supplies too. 

I adore this scent. In the vial, it's a dark, dirty vanilla whispering about doing bad things in the dark.... and on the skin, it delivers on those whispered promises. ;)

The musk accent is what I think makes this deliciously decadent vanilla so intriguing on the skin. I loooooove this, and I'm so glad I got an FB unsniffed! Great staying power, and absolutely worth a good slather when you want to turn some heads. 

salacious:

[suh-ley-shuhs] adjective

1. lustful or lecherous.

2. (of writings, pictures, etc.) obscene; grossly indecent.

thanks @luna65! That's a good new word for me.

Actually, it is 5 trials that equal a bottle, so the price is pretty much the same either way. And yes, you do lose a smidge in every trial vial so buying a bottle gets you more usable perfume oil. :)

We have found that when we empty a bottle to make trials, we make 5. But when we try to fill a bottle using trials, it takes 6, because of the loss in the vials.

• 1 month later...

Fresh on the skin this starts out SO very deliciously - round and full and deep and sensual. After about a half hour the musk takes over a little too aggressively and the whole thing takes a soapy turn but I think letting it sit for a few weeks will solve that. I imagine this will age beautifully. For now I've layered with a small scribble of Moondust Cocoa - makes it all mega mellow and creamy, almost nutty. Love.

• 1 month later...

Love it on immediate application- then I get cinnamon and something else I can’t describe that I want more of that’s for sure. 

It then dries down into a wonderful blend. I enjoy it  :) 

I wonder if the fermented alcohols are the scent I originally got before dry down that I love so much. 

Edited by amoradrianam
Wonderings

• 3 weeks later...

So, I got a trial of this when it first came out & loved it, then for some weird reason, decided to mix it in another bottle with OCCO Red, lol. Which came out good, but I missed it alone, so I ordered a full bottle & got it yesterday. 

I put it on late last night & forgot exactly how good it really was. On me, there isn’t a whole lot of vanilla. It’s there, it’s just in the background. My skin amps up the boozy notes & the musk, & let me tell you....I am not a fan of musk - forward scents, ever. They come across as ‘ dirty ‘ on me, & not in a good way.  

But there is something so special about the musk in this. It’s just exquisite & just straight up beautiful. I kept inhaling my wrists. I’m sure I looked insane, lol. But it really is THAT pretty. I can definitely see the hype over this & I’m pleased that I decided to grab a FB on a whim last week.  

Edited by StrawberryKitten

• 1 month later...

I wore this last night. I think it's beautiful and feminine, in a "vintage 40s" way. My husband didn't like it; he said it was too strong. I think I liked the musk the most. Not so much the ginger. I didn't really get any clove. 

• 3 months later...

This has mellowed out so very beautifully. I went FB unsniffed on this one back in the winter and something was a bit too sharp on me then so I set it aside and haven't revisited until now. Today it's absolutely perfect. Despite the spice I think this is going to be a winner of a summer scent for me - the Egyptian musk is keeping the whole vibe clean and warm, like naked skin baked in sun and sand, and the scotch and amber are bringing a cool breezy summer bonfire feel. It's not terribly sweet on me at all, I think I would love this on my man. Hang on now, I'm getting ideas...

• 2 years later...

Wearing this one today and it’s rounded out so beautifully. Originally when I got this the alcohol note was really prominent and now it’s just vanilla Egyptian musk with a hint of clove  which I love!

I’m a big Egyptian musk fan and I’ve tried all kinds and this one is spot on. :)