Unbeleafable

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1684575905_7s7m.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Shannon Stamey @October Illustrations.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
ROSE GERANIUM ~ Blessings, Fertility, Love, Protection.

An olfactory journey to a mysterious Autumnal landscape in which anything could be lurking...what will you find when you venture into the dreaded hinterlands of this dark forest and the twisting path, when you discover the deserted cabin?

A dusky unisex experience featuring smoky woody notes of antique dry oak, golden sandalwood and bakhour combined with deeply resinous myrrh, vetiver and patchouli in a base of white musk with hints of fresh-brewed Arabica coffee and rose geranium. 

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

This is really interesting, and definitely unisex.  it's more resinous than woody on me.  I mean, I do get a woody impression but the myrrh is also very prominent and the sandalwood bolsters that aspect for sure.  Sandalwood can go either way, in my experience.  The coffee is just like the slightest hint for me but it blends it really nicely with everything else, it fits.  It starts out a bit intense at first but over time mellows into a smooth blending of the resin and wood notes.

I think if you like woody scents, or something that reminds you of walking in the woods in the fall, then you will enjoy this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmm! I love this! Reading the notes, I wouldn't have thought I would like it this much. I've always been leery of vetiver, and myrhh is not always good on my skin. But they both work so well here! I wonder if it's the white musk that keeps it from being too deep and dark? 

Anyway, on me, this is the perfect Autumn scent. The patch and coffee are amazing together - Mara is a genius! I can't wait to try this on Mr Perfect! He already put on Dark Fyre or I would swipe it on him right now..

41 minutes ago, Beccah said:

This smells just like a cup of black coffee on my skin, must be the combo of the resins w/the coffee note. I like it.

Whoa...  I might have to get a bottle of this.  Boosted with the Love God, of course! 

This one was crisp and light in the vial. On the skin it wasn't bad, but it's not a scent I see myself wearing often. It does put me in mind of a floral/potpourri type of autumn leaves scent, which I actually like. If I had more occasion to wear it (feels like something to wear to a daytime autumn-themed party), I would absolutely go full vial, but I just couldn't think of an occasion where this one would make sense for me to have more than a trial or two at hand.

On the other hand, it might work on Mr. Crash if I can ever get him to start wearing the stuff I already got him. :smiley-laughing024:

LOL no, but I love that song!  I heard it on the radio the other day and remembered how crazy I was for it when it originally came out.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:11 PM, Snoopyace said:

Whoa...  I might have to get a bottle of this.  Boosted with the Love God, of course! 

Damn. I think you're onto something here.

12 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

I named the perfume after this song. Spot on, Eastwood! :banana038:

Really?! I'm fairly gullible so I believe you. My man has this on today, and I wasn't going to mention to him that this song was stuck in my head, and then at breakfast I heard him softly sing "The things, you say...."

I didn't think I would like this one on him, as he amps wood notes, but this is so lush and deep. I think it's the myrrh and sandalwood with coffee in the background that I like so much. He says he smells something like pear, I'm guessing it's the brightness of the rose geranium. I'm surprised, but this, so far, is my favorite of all the Weenies on him. 

This reminds of sitting on the front deck, steaming cup of coffee in hand and a cool autumn breeze stirring the leaves with just a whisp of last night's fire hanging in the air. Defininitely unisex, as I could see a man wearing it, but I love it on me too. Contemplating a back-up bottle...

"The things... you smell... on me

It's Unbeleafable."  

Says my man

Edited by Eastwood22

I got no coffee ? i just amped the resins to exclusion of everything else and it was very solidly masculine on me. That was wet - being impatient I immediately smeared it with sugared coconut and got phero like hits from male friends all day 

New rule-

if you have an iPhone, and you text the word Unbeleafable to someone, instead of just sending that word, hold down the blue arrow until you get choices on sending it as a special bubble or with balloons or confetti. Choose lasers!!!! Every time you text the word Unbeleafable, you must send it with lasers!

On 10/30/2018 at 5:48 PM, Potion Master said:

Yes, I really did! I was singing the song while I made it, while I made the labels, all week long!

That is so cool!  Music makes the world go round!

I’m wearing this right now. It has such a soothing Autumnal essence. I think the coffee gives it extra oomph. Will be getting a bottle for the husband and I to share. 

• 5 months later...

When I start thinking about food, when I know food is promised for my near future, I get hungry. Or hungrier. This morning I told my man to be ready to go eat when I was done teaching so he'd be showered and ready for brunch. So that gave me two hours to anticipate food and I should've been ravenous. But when I walked in, he was in Unbeleafable, and it smelled so good, I was so distracted that I couldn't even think to suggest a place to eat. I just went along with whatever, and found myself in front of this French place that would've had, easily, an hour wait. If it wasn't for the Unbeleafable, I would've had an opinion long before we ended up there! That's the mighty power of Unbeleafable, it can cure both hunger and hanger.  :wink88: