Soul Food 2018

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1637234306_2llg.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Shannon Stamey @October Illustrations.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
SANDALWOOD ~ Healing, spirituality, exorcism. Love, exotic, sensual, atmospheric; aphrodisiac.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
CINNAMON ~ Psychic powers, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, spiritual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection, Exorcism. 

One of our best-selling resin-based blends, Soul Food is imbued with the aura of sacred observances and of spiritual enlightenment and serenity. This fragrance smells familiar to you, you recognize it, perhaps from an earlier incarnation, it is a scent which is imprinted upon our very souls...all of the ingredients were utilized in the venerable traditions of mummification, and as tributes to the gods and for remembrance of the dead. A fragrance with the aura of an ancient temple: featuring a heart of sandalwood and benzoin, further resinous resonances of patchouli, frankincense and myrrh, and sprinkles of earthy cassia EO and cinnamon.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

I wasn't always a fan of resin-y blends. My nose has evolved over the years, and I can truly appreciate this now. This is a comforting scent. It envelops me, and calms me. Definitely one I want in my arsenal! The benzoin stands out on my skin, with whispers of the cinnamon and myrrh. 

Edited by Bella15

I can't compare this to the previous version (because my trial vial is lost in my room somewhere) but I would say this version is a very interesting take on vanilla-sandalwood.  It's not literally that, of course, but that's what it makes me think of.  It does have the soulful vibe, but also a really intensely ornate feeling to it, like this is the kind of incense they would burn in secret temples which are only for royalty or those possessing the more arcane of knowledge and mysteries.  This is deep, y'all!

Yum! My man says he's getting a bit of licorice, smoke, clove and yams? I want to tell him he's crazy and that none of those things are in there, but I'm smelling a bit of Dr. Pepper!

Our brain makes connections and assumptions in an attempt to understand things - like a "filling in the blanks" sort of thing.  I can see where he gets the smoke from because it has an incense type vibe to me, for example.  Now I will get a Dr. Pepper kind of impression if something has bay myrtle (or some variant thereof) in it.  Maybe the cassia is doing that for you?

Maybe. I really like it, but I'm trying not to like it too much. Because, well....

I'm going to say something funny....

....drumroll....

....wait for it....

He already has too many scents. There. I said it. Plus it's only the first of the Weenies he's tried and he seems to be enjoying it and I want to try him in Elume. 

...the funny part being it's all your fault that he has too many? :rofl222:

But I don't see why one thing would preclude the other, though.  Unless you're saying you want him to try Elume right now?

17 minutes ago, luna65 said:

...the funny part being it's all your fault that he has too many? :rofl222:

But I don't see why one thing would preclude the other, though.  Unless you're saying you want him to try Elume right now?

Yes, it's all my fault, clearly.

But there are too many things to consider regarding growing his collection! First of all, he's outgrown his rollerball box, my its currently manageable. But one or two more bottles means I have to get him a bigger one, which opens the door for me to inherit his current one, which means I could have a separate box for spell potions or "the Vault." My spells currently all fit in my spray drawer, but the spray drawer spots are slightly cramped, so I'd have more room for like 5 or so more sprays? Z-Day needs one of those spots. Really I just need to trade some stuff away and not have more of stuff I won't use. 

The Elume thing is because I traded away my Allumette because he was adverse to it on me because of the smoke BUT Elume seems less smoky and I bet it's awesome on him. 

Mainly, though, it's because I need to figure out my order and I also need a few things that aren't Weenies, like I'm a bit obsessed with Elementals Fire at the moment and there's a few Sigils I need to pick up....

Soul Food is sticking with me. Maybe more than my need for Ebil-ish at the moment

On 10/22/2018 at 3:26 PM, luna65 said:

the funny part being it's all your fault that he has too many? :rofl222:

F it. I just ordered him a new box that holds 62 bottles. That way I won't have to do a bunch of thinking regarding his perfume storage hassles again in a year or two. Now I can add Soulfood to my next order, worry free! 

Edited by Eastwood22

4 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

F it. I just ordered him a new box that holds 62 bottles. That way I won't have to do a bunch of thinking regarding his perfume storage hassles again in a year or two. Now I can add Soulfood to my next order, worry free! 

Unless the whole thing gets filled at the next sale :lol:

3 hours ago, oceanjewel said:

Unless the whole thing gets filled at the next sale :lol:

It won't. Only because I say things like "How about another bottle of Veridian Muse? Or..." and he says things like "I already have more than I'll ever use." Except for original Girl Nip and his 2nd bottle of Art of War, he doesn't get the need for "back up bottles." He has given a few bottles away, though, partially because of storage restraints, so  at least he'll stop giving full bottles away. 

I like this a lot more than the older version I have a sample of from somewhere (2015, I think?). It's not as in your face. This one is more spicy, resinous, and delicious, like some kind of chewy cinnamon candy. Very nice, very huffable! ❤️ 

• 2 months later...