Rain Flower w/Hedione

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1637210756_3tai.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Shannon Stamey @October Illustrations.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
CYPRESS ~ Divination, connection to afterlife, relieves grief, soothing, protective, aids in legal matters.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
WALNUT ~ Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.
WATER ACCORDS ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.
HEDIONE ~ (JASMINE) ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

Fall takes dominion slowly across the landscape and we desired to capture the aura of the last of the Summer flowers releasing their scents into the damp air of Autumn, as the inevitable decay transforms the garden they inhabit...the ghosts of rose, honeysuckle and clover whisper their farewells amongst rainy accords and woody notes of cedar, cypress, teak and pine with hints of oak leaf and walnut. We’ve also included the attractive charm of Hedione - a Jasmine derivative which has been discovered to evoke a pheromone-like response, especially in women when worn by men. It gives off a lovely fresh airy floral note which is often added to fragrances for both sexes.

I held the memory of petals

of velvet and of redolent bloom

I felt the glittering sun

even as the rain washed it away.

I love the colors of the change

I touched a dying flower upon these fiery leaves

incongruent and yet it explains

how nothing of light and warmth can remain.

When the air is murmuring rumors of absence

promises of chill and of decline

I felt it all shift in an instant

in the time it took the last petal to fall.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

In the vial I get more of the floral aspect but on my skin this is primarily a rainy/wet greenery kind of scent.  Surprisingly I don't even get much of the hedione.  It's fresh and somewhat subtle, so I think if you're more into the green kind of scents, or florals which are not too strong, then this would be a perfect Fall scent for you.

• 1 month later...

I really like this one. It's fresh and lightly floral. It *feels* like rain! I can close my eyes and imagine sitting on the back porch, the rain coming down, a slight breeze bringing the scent of the rosebushes and honeysuckle to me from the garden. I love the woods/leaves that really keep it from being too floral. It's a fall garden in the rain type of scent, all aspects of the garden. So pretty!