Z-Day!

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1684700591_ae9g.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Shannon Stamey @October Illustrations.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
CHESTNUT ~ Amplifies male potency, love.
PRALINE ~ Fertility, prosperity, love, luck, fortitude.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

Alright you abysmally adorable fiends and frights out there in Halloween Town - you know our very favorite day is coming up and we’ve got just the pie to knock out your eye!  Well, unless your rotting corpse has already had one fall out, but all manner of monsters go crazy for our Nutz 4 Brainz pie and you don’t wanna miss out on this demonically delicious treat!  So come on down to the All-Night Bakery, open from sunset to sunrise, and grab one before they shamble away into the horrifying darkness...BOO-YA!

Celebrate this hallowed day the zombie way! A totally nutty yummy blend of chestnuts, pralines and almonds sweetened with brown sugar and molasses, combined with oozing blackberry and blueberry then cradled in fresh-baked pie crust and topped with luscious vanilla buttercream. Though there might be someone out there willing to nibble the deliciousness of You, we’ve added some dark sweet amber to remind all those biters it’s just perfume!

“Candy?!  Yuck!”

Rhea and her friends peered into their sacks with disgust.  At that moment another group of children passed them, shrieking with what seemed like genuine fear.

“Did we end up on the warm side of town?” Tobe asked.

“Aww I bet we did, I hate it when that happens!” George declared.

Lizzie fished a beetle out of her hair and watched it wriggle.  “There’s gotta be someone around here who knows what we like to get on Z-Day!”

Rhea scrunched up her rotting face.  “Humans don’t even know about Z-Day, they’re all celebrating that dumb Halloween stuff.”

They shuddered, but also knew it was the one time of the year they could wander anywhere they liked without people freaking out on them.  They watched as an entire pretend zombie family lurched by, moaning “BRAAAAAINS.”

“Why do they think we do that?”

The boys shrugged and the undead children made their way up the street.

“I sure could go for some brains right now,” Tobe said.

They passed by a house where an old lady sat on the porch, dressed as a witch.

“Hey kiddies,” she called out to them.  “Do you adorable little zombies want some of my Nutz 4 Brainz pie from the All-Night Bakery?”

“BRAINS?!” they exclaimed, and dragged themselves over to her as fast as they could.

“Yes my dears,” she said as she served them each a slice.  “It’s got pralines in it you see, like little brains.”

They sniffed suspiciously at first, but upon spotting the familiar shapes wolfed it down hungrily.

“Crunchy brains,” George said.  “Kinda weird.”

“And sticky too,” Rhea noted.

On their way back to the cold side of town they passed by yet another group masquerading as one of their own, all looking into their trick-or-treat bags with perplexed expressions.

“I think I got a liver,” one of them said.

“LIver?!  Yuck!”

“Hurry!” Rhea exclaimed, “We’ve got to get back before they run out!”

Her friends grunted and shambled a little faster.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

I saved this one for last because I knew it would be YUMMEH!  In the vial it's like Mara described it to me - an almond-caramel tart - but on my skin I get the fruit more than I thought I would, to the point where it's really reminding me of Tombstone Tart.  And it's not the almond reading as cherry so much, which I expected, but the actual berries.  The nuttiness is more of a warmth with the pie crust accord underneath.  This is like a fall version of a blueberry tart, and I'm all about that! 

Truly truly love this magic called Z-Day. The first time I wore this I threw caution to the wind and did a big slather. That was a bit much and I now know to wear a little less. When I did that big slather it was almost all berries with just a little crust. Now that I’m wearing a more reasonable amount I get the almond, buttery crust and the berries are different. The first time it was largely blackberries with hint of blueberries making them almost sickly sweet. Now I smell them both equally and they are not sickly at all. Just very balanced with the crust. Z-Day reminds me of if Mayberry and Tombstone Tart and one other pie scent that’s slipping my mind ( ugh) had a baby. Perhaps my favorite pie LP since Mayberry.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually like to wear something more than once before I review, but I thought I'd try something different and review on the day I've been trying it out. This one has stayed really consistent throughout the day, it didn't morph much at all. It got a little warmer on the long, long drydown, but that's about it. On me this is all sweet nuttiness. It's like a less sweet pecan pie. It's sweet, but not tooth achingly so. I don't really get the berries at all. They may be adding just a hint of freshness in the background, but I can't distinguish them as individual notes. This is very much a fall scent. I keep thinking how nice it would be paired with a coffee scent. I think it could work on a guy if he didn't mind sweeter scents. I know I'd like a man who smelled like this. I was a bit worried because sometimes the milk/butter/cream notes can go very bad on my skin, but they worked really well in this and weren't a problem at all. It's quite a nice scent.

ETA: I just realized what it reminds me of. You know those nuts that are covered in sugar and a little spice? Well, if you've ever seen one of those stands where they make them fresh, with the nuts being coated as you watch, that's what this smells like on me. It makes me want one of those paper cones filled with yummy goodness.

Edited by greenappletart

I wasn't here yesterday when mailman tried to give me my latest order, I have this and Unbeleafable and some other goodies and I'm so sad that they say i can't even pick it up until tomorrow. 

On 11/7/2018 at 8:28 PM, greenappletart said:

You know those nuts that are covered in sugar and a little spice? Well, if you've ever seen one of those stands where they make them fresh, with the nuts being coated as you watch, that's what this smells like on me. It makes me want one of those paper cones filled with yummy goodness.

This. I want this. Now would be good.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:40 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I wasn't here yesterday when mailman tried to give me my latest order, I have this and Unbeleafable and some other goodies and I'm so sad that they say i can't even pick it up until tomorrow. 

This. I want this. Now would be good.

A few days ago, I was somewhere that had one of those stands and standing near it smelled just like Z-Day. It was so good. Of course, I had to buy some. For research. ;) 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A year later I’m getting way more praline which adds a chewiness to the texture, and definitely more chestnut. So it’s a little darker and thicker. The berries are still prominent but they have melded together a bit more so now it’s just ripe syrupy dark berries instead of individual distinct notes.

• 1 year later...

Just ordered a FB of this one (Etsy site, I think?) along with a few gems I got as trial vials recently. It hits that baking spice, sweet foody note that I live in Soul Cakes but also has a little of the fruity berry notes for some tanginess. Seems my perfume collection is pointing toward autumn scents all year round!