Jump to content

Any Pheros You'd recommend to combat S.A.D.?


Recommended Posts

It's getting around that time again... Only a month until time falls ?Back ?. I don't know about y'all but my vitality is HEAVILY dependent upon the weather mainly the sun ☀️ like majority of people (I can't help it I'm a Spring baby lol). Like today was extremelyyyyy dreary outside, and I just could not get out the damn bed, I even fell back asleep for a 'little bit' and woke up 4 hours later. I've never really worried about it a lot before because I didn't have as many responsibilities before as I do now. I did some research and found that LED lamps made specifically for SAD can help (Heres a list of vetted ones off of Amazon: https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/best-sad-lamps-on-amazon.html ). But I was wondering what would be some go to Pheros? I'm thinking; Topper, Levitation... Maybe Mega Watt? Any Pheros recommendations or personal tips outside of that would be great. I'll be talking to my therapist about this as well as my doctor hopefully sometime this week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vitamin D3 and Omega 3. One of the biggest causes of S.A.D. is vitamin D deficiency. You could also be one of those who needs more than the RDA. I found out I need 1.5x the RDA of both

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

Vitamin D3 and Omega 3. One of the biggest causes of S.A.D. is vitamin D deficiency. You could also be one of those who needs more than the RDA. I found out I need 1.5x the RDA of both

Thank you for your Input @oceanjewel! Is RDA like recommended dose? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vicki Lee said:

Thank you for your Input @oceanjewel! Is RDA like recommended dose? 

Yep ?

Here's a link to some research on it.

https://www.disabled-world.com/health/neurology/depression/sad-dep.php

Edited by oceanjewel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 years later...

I get Seasonal Affective Disorder. I rotate several phero blends over the weeks as I build a tolerance fairly quickly and then need to try a new one. For overall motivation I do great with Mega Watt and Dominance. On days when I'm too introverted to even make a phonecall, I do well with Open Windows, Cougar, Levitation. On days when I feel unloved /unlovable, I nurture myself with Treasured Hearts applied to the jaw and wrists at bedtime. 

I have tried various full spectrum lamps. They all make me feel 'off', some even nauseous. Instead I try to eat lunch outside if at all possible even on a cloudy day, and use my local tanning salon's low power tanning bed at half the maximum time. Obviously there's a risk with doing that so you will have to decide that yourself. I've also found some relief doing a mild keto diet with about 30-40 g carbs/day. 

Good luck !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DHEAS works wonders for me, always, to lighten my mood. I also benefit from Treasured Hearts and B2.2 at night. I have plant lights around the house that go on automatically at 6am, so there is bright light already in some rooms when I first open my eyes. Same with my kids’ rooms. The ones in the kitchen are full spectrum/white and are up high, I believe that’s the secret with light boxes, they need to be mimicking the angle of the sun. My plant lights are not at all as bright as light therapy lights, but they trick my brain enough to help me a bit. I can see how light therapy boxes can be too intense because my plant lights are stimulating enough!
 

Vitamin D also needs the sun for activation, so upping your dose is helpful, but don’t forget to activate it! @androstenol that’s smart to eat outside. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I really have been struggling with myself for almost all of 2022. so far. I've been waking up at 3.15 am, then can't go back to sleep. I have been tired every morning just like I was when I was diagnosed with Hashimoto. And I've been super super sad. Then I remembered this thread and vitamin D. I started taking it again. And B12, because I don't eat meat and rarely eat dairy and today is the first day I feel better. Also, I started to walk home from work, yesterday it took me 52 minutes for 3.74 km. Today I changed my route, it took me 49 minutes for 4.02 km. I am slow but proud I made myself walk.

 

So far, I've notice Mega Watt helps me so I am not that tired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, citrine said:

I really have been struggling with myself for almost all of 2022. so far. I've been waking up at 3.15 am, then can't go back to sleep. I have been tired every morning just like I was when I was diagnosed with Hashimoto. And I've been super super sad. Then I remembered this thread and vitamin D. I started taking it again. And B12, because I don't eat meat and rarely eat dairy and today is the first day I feel better. Also, I started to walk home from work, yesterday it took me 52 minutes for 3.74 km. Today I changed my route, it took me 49 minutes for 4.02 km. I am slow but proud I made myself walk.

 

So far, I've notice Mega Watt helps me so I am not that tired.

Hope this isn’t too personal. Are you on thyroid meds?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2022 at 1:02 PM, citrine said:

So far, I've notice Mega Watt helps me so I am not that tired.

 I think I like smells more  than the phero's 

I have used Mega watt but it didn't make me feel any different

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2022 at 10:48 PM, oceanjewel said:

Hope this isn’t too personal. Are you on thyroid meds?

 

Yes. For over a decade. I started with 25 micrograms Levothyroxine sodium, now I take 200.

 

5 hours ago, raydee8_love said:

 I think I like smells more  than the phero's 

I have used Mega watt but it didn't make me feel any different

 

 

 

After I start applying more I noticed the difference. I apply 5x4 inch on both of my forearms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

@citrine thanks for that link ! Here in the Pacific Northwest, people are pretty good at taking their Vit. D. Now I'm wondering whether there are geographic correlations to incidence of auto-immune disease. 

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Geographical-distribution-of-autoimmune-diseases_tbl1_40773902  This source is a start but there may be more specific resources. Mind you geographical location then also includes specific local toxin differences, other lifestyle differences.....ok I think I've geeked out enough for this morning. Long story short: thanks ❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...