Classic Seduction

Dolly

OK, I am slathered in a bunch of scents right now, but I will do my best to differentiate my nose.

This one is exactly as I envisioned.....wet, it is all musk and roses. The musky note is in the forefront.....LOVE IT! After it dried down about 15 min, the chocolate, strawberries, and champagne started peeking through just the tiniest little bit.....this is very very nice!!

I will update as it ages on me......

OK, I am slathered in a bunch of scents right now, but I will do my best to differentiate my nose.

This one is exactly as I envisioned.....wet, it is all musk and roses. The musky note is in the forefront.....LOVE IT! After it dried down about 15 min, the chocolate, strawberries, and champagne started peeking through just the tiniest little bit.....this is very very nice!!

I went back and forth about ordering a bottle of this. I decided not to at the last minute :) After your review I am wishing I had! I am going to test it out when I get my sample, but I have afeeling I will indeed be ordering a full size.

Can't wait to hear how it ages!

:003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Ok, so 5 hours later it is still lingering......it finishes much the same as it started, mostly roses and a very light musky note.....and a little hint of what seems to be champagne.....

You need a full bottle, CC! It is lovely.....and very sexy......not in-your-face sexy like Down and Dirty.....it is more of a whispering "gee it's hot in here, let's get naked" type of scent.....

You need a full bottle, CC! It is lovely.....and very sexy......not in-your-face sexy like Down and Dirty.....it is more of a whispering "gee it's hot in here, let's get naked" type of scent.....

Hehehe, sounds like a good scent to wear with some sexy red lingerie peaking out of a modest yet sexy dress :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

Hehehe, sounds like a good scent to wear with some sexy red lingerie peaking out of a modest yet sexy dress :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

Oh yes....definitely a good scent for teasing and tantalizing, without being too forward.....this one won't knock them over the head, but will draw them into your web nonetheless......

nice review dolly! It sounds like a very beautiful scent! Does it smell sweet?

Slightly sweet.....

This one is a very nice sexy scent too! The chocolate, strawberries and silk seem to make the perfume smell more "exotic", it's definately a scent that is something no one has ever smelled.

There's something east indian-y about this scent though which is probably the roses (did you know that indian people use rose water alot?) So there was something that smelled similar and exotic, at least to me

Makes me think of a silk gown tossed on the floor, with melted chocolate and someone's back being massaged with rose water :P lol, sexay! Good job M&D!

This is very sexy, I can smell the musk first and then roses I smell something else must be the silk or fresh sheets smell gives it a very sexy tone to it. The last I smell is a bit of sweetness must be the strawberries. Very very nice and interesting.

There's something east indian-y about this scent though which is probably the roses (did you know that indian people use rose water alot?)

In the days before there was commercial mouthwash, ladies used to rinse their mouths out with rose water, and pat it on their lips. Doesn't that sound like a lovely tradition?

I shook this up really well before applying...in the vial and immediately on my skin it is all sex and chocolate...I had an immediate scent memory of various occasions when I realized upon waking that certain people and I had gotten a little too carried away with the chocolate body paint. :D After a time the rose blooms, although it has a powdery undertone to it, which I guess is a remnant of the chocolate (or maybe the silk?). I was thinking it was going to be the other way around, first the rose and then the other elements. It fades pretty fast on me, what's left is a faint sweetness which I'm thinking is the strawberries though I don't really get a sense of the champagne at all. But it's a great evocation, which was the purpose of the concept, so in that way it works wonderfully.

In the days before there was commercial mouthwash, ladies used to rinse their mouths out with rose water, and pat it on their lips. Doesn't that sound like a lovely tradition?

One of my favorite restaurants, which specializes in Greek and Lebanese foods serves "Lebanese Iced Tea"......it is Iced Tea with heavy lemon and a splash of rosewater.....occassionally they also throw some pinenuts into it.....yummy!

Okay, stop teasing me with these descriptors. My sample's coming. :D Now the wait's going to be much worse.

Oh wow! I didn't know that they use as a mouth wash! that's so cool!!!

• 1 month later...

Initially, the musk and rose were dominate on my skin. It was a little too sharp for me, which was surprising to me since rose generally does very well on my skin and I LOVE Musky Dusky Roses. I think it was the note that was aimed to be silk. As I aged, the other notes started to come out for me and the chocolate became predominate.

• 6 months later...

This is incredible. When I originally got this sampler I didnt find it worked on me. I traded off the tester I had and thought nothing of it. Well, I was tidying myoffice and I dscovered an extra sample of this that I had picked up after the Designing August releases. This has aged BRILLIANTLY! At first I get a lot of musk evened with the roses. But I notice something sweetening it up in the background. As I wear it more I get the delicious strawberry with chocolate drizzles. I get a little musk and still a sweet rose like sugared roses. This is VERY nice. And I agree that it is sexy and great for the innocent seduction...

This is incredible. When I originally got this sampler I didnt find it worked on me. I traded off the tester I had and thought nothing of it. Well, I was tidying myoffice and I dscovered an extra sample of this that I had picked up after the Designing August releases. This has aged BRILLIANTLY! At first I get a lot of musk evened with the roses. But I notice something sweetening it up in the background. As I wear it more I get the delicious strawberry with chocolate drizzles. I get a little musk and still a sweet rose like sugared roses. This is VERY nice. And I agree that it is sexy and great for the innocent seduction...

Hey CC....I have a full bottle up on my trading post if you're interested.....just email me.....

• 4 months later...

Ok, Classic Seduction: Here we have another example of an LP scent that puts my chocolate fears at bay.

At first, on me-one the few of my favorite things-ROSE. A sweet red rose, lying on a silk pillow, a bit of strawberry and champange to back it up and ther IS chocolate, a richer type than Rocket chick to be certain, but the lovely rose makes any scary funkyness of it go away. it all blends beautifully-and stays that way.

I can smell the chocolate and strawberry a bit more as time goes on, but the rose never lets me down in this one-always guiding and leading the chocolate so it wont misbehave.

I never would have tried this one, but I got it as a sniffie in a trade and am very pleasently surprised!

Overall, its smooth silky, floral and foodie all at once! were it still around, I'd probably pick one up!

This, like Rocket Chick (and I'm hoping Egg and Mother Ship), just goes to show ya that you can try a note from several companies and they can turn to hellfire on your skin chemistry--BUT--if you find the right company, like LP--your whole ideal about a note can be turned upside down!

The ONE from here with chocolate in it that I've tried and didn't work for me was Deliciously Wicked--Dunno why--no clue. BUT EVERY OTHER CHOCOLATE SCENT (which in case you didn't know-my skin LOATHES), from LP, has been heavenly deeeelish on my skin. It's a miracle.

Classic Seduction is NO exception. I adore it. Want it-I'm sad it's gone....

Truckloads of Smoochies-Lori :CHUBBY~45:

Ok, Classic Seduction: Here we have another example of an LP scent that puts my chocolate fears at bay.

At first, on me-one the few of my favorite things-ROSE. A sweet red rose, lying on a silk pillow, a bit of strawberry and champange to back it up and ther IS chocolate, a richer type than Rocket chick to be certain, but the lovely rose makes any scary funkyness of it go away. it all blends beautifully-and stays that way.

I can smell the chocolate and strawberry a bit more as time goes on, but the rose never lets me down in this one-always guiding and leading the chocolate so it wont misbehave.

I never would have tried this one, but I got it as a sniffie in a trade and am very pleasently surprised!

Overall, its smooth silky, floral and foodie all at once! were it still around, I'd probably pick one up!

This, like Rocket Chick (and I'm hoping Egg and Mother Ship), just goes to show ya that you can try a note from several companies and they can turn to hellfire on your skin chemistry--BUT--if you find the right company, like LP--your whole ideal about a note can be turned upside down!

The ONE from here with chocolate in it that I've tried and didn't work for me was Deliciously Wicked--Dunno why--no clue. BUT EVERY OTHER CHOCOLATE SCENT (which in case you didn't know-my skin LOATHES), from LP, has been heavenly deeeelish on my skin. It's a miracle.

Think I have a sample or two of this, I'll throw it in w/Liz's DP/RO w/B-nol + P79 that got sent to me in error, I never used it, k ?

I have a bottle of this on my trading post if you are interested!!

just goes to show ya that you can try a note from several companies and they can turn to hellfire on your skin chemistry--BUT--if you find the right company, like LP--your whole ideal about a note can be turned upside down!

Most chocolates are accords, and so you have to consider their sources and blending abilities (if applicable), but it's even a consideration of what that note (meaning the component) is blended with, in terms of how it will work on you. So any company could have good notes/accords but the blending of those things could mean death in terms of your chemistry. It could even be the oil base that the scent is in which makes it wonky (I've had that happen to me as well). However, it's true that many etailers - especially those which rely on repacking rather than their own creations/recipes - aren't necessarily as concerned with quality. But my experience with chocolate is that many times dairy accords - which are used to create a milk chocolate note, for example - do not mesh well with my skin and therefore end up turning sour. Sometimes the milk chocolate in LPMPs can work wonderfully (like with Deliciously Wicked), sometimes it might go a little weird (like in Valentine's Chocolates). But it's the sum of the accord rather than the components. To this day the only milk chocolate accord I've ever been able to wear on its' own is the one from Arcana, which Julia doesn't sell anymore.

Edited by luna65

Hey Thanks ladies!

I actually just emailed the ladies about classic Seduction(I really like it-) I told them if "its soup yet" as Liz likes to say with the neew releases, I'd try to snag one of those last bottles on the sale post. Otherwise, Dolly I'll get ahold of you!

Yeah Liz, that would be really cool of you to toss those in there-I'd appreciate it! Did ya ever find out what was up with your stuff?

Luna, I have somethin coming from Arcana called "Poison Candy"(I admit, I really like Arcana), and theres a chocolate accord in it somewhere, as well as a bazillion other tooth decay inducing things. I'll have to let you know what its like in the shop thread. --but your right-that IS the problem I have with chocolate-the dairy note from some companies just goes rancid or sour...or something-off.

Luckily, LP hasn't done that except in Deliciously Wicked on me. I think I need to stick with they're light chocolates, or if I go dark, it needs to be balanced with a heavy floral like rose...

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 1 year later...

I thought i was going to put it in my trade post the first 10 minutes wet on my skin... It smelt like thick chocolate honey on me... :) I wasn't sure because im not a big fan of honeycomb/ honey scent! :D

The scent became lighter and sweeter overtime, the strawberry slowly takes over but not for long!! :)What stays on the rest of the day is ROSE :):):) This is a sweet heavy rose to me in comparison to Ambrosia's rose :) Quite good for night time :) CLASSIC SEDUCTION is the right name!!! :D

So after about 45 mins, i decided to take this off the trade list and keep MY PRECIOUS in my little shelf :):):) MWAHHAHAHA.... XD