Down and Dirty for Her

Dolly

AD-DD-f_.jpg

Down & Dirty ~ For Her

Down and Dirty for Women is the fragrance you reach for when you want to be that woman,the one who seduces men with her scent…a mystery they long to discover, pure sex appeal they are powerless to resist. A thoroughly decadent blend of leather, whisky and caramel trapped in rich amber, further darkened with civet, patchouli and tonka bean and hints of teak and pink pepper…Down and Dirty drives them wild!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
LEATHER ~ Protection, dark, secrets, safety, surviving what comes at you, sex.
WHISKEY ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, luck, riches, sensuality.
CIVET (Musk derived from civet cats, now illegal except in synthetic form.) ~ Considered a strong aphrodisiac, intense, animal, 'sexual' aroma.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
TEAK ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, hex-breaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOOOOOOH, I really like this one.....it is deep and sexy.....BUT, for those of you who are not into the dark scents, it really isn't THAT dark.....it isn't as dark as I expected, in fact.....it does have a bit of a "deep" feeling to it, but sweet at the same time.....unusual, sexy, and just what I would describe as HOT.

Wet, it smells very similar to Naughty Minx (probably the tonka).....after it dries down some, it differentiates.....I get some amber, and a splash of pepper......mmmmmmm.....I can't wait to slather my honey with the men's version and see how they compliment each other.....

Will update as this dries down further.....

OOOOOOOH, I really like this one.....it is deep and sexy.....BUT, for those of you who are not into the dark scents, it really isn't THAT dark.....it isn't as dark as I expected, in fact.....it does have a bit of a "deep" feeling to it, but sweet at the same time.....unusual, sexy, and just what I would describe as HOT.

Wet, it smells very similar to Naughty Minx (probably the tonka).....after it dries down some, it differentiates.....I get some amber, and a splash of pepper......mmmmmmm.....I can't wait to slather my honey with the men's version and see how they compliment each other.....

Oooh I cant wait to get my samples of these and test how they mingle together when worn by me and my bf :)

This one is definitely my favorite from this month's scents thus far (I still have a few more to try, but no more sniffing points for today).....

On me, it finishes with a lot of amber, but then again, my skin is known to amp amber......it is dead sexy, even 5 hours after application.....

OMG I just got my sample of this and WOW!!! you were right Dolly this is soooo yummy, and definetly not THAT dark. I didnt think the smell would work with me because a lot of the scent notes arent ones I usually go for, but OMG this one is soooo good!!!!

I am going to have to get a bottle! :wink2:

I got 2 trial sizes of this, Edit: my bad! I just realize, I got one for ladies and the other for men! I'll give that to my daddy-o ;):P lol!

Wow, this one is sex.

I see a lady who rides a motor bicycle (spelling? lol) leaving everyone behind in dust wearing this. There is some sort of ingredient that makes this "fresh" but still pretty dark (not gothic dark though) yet sexy and dominant.

Very nice!! it's not me, but it's a great scent to wear when you want to turn those heads 360!

I forgot to mention, my skin HATES ambers, but me and this perfume seem to go along with each other...lol! wow!

Edited by esmeralda

I see a lady who rides a motor bicycle (spelling? lol) leaving everyone behind in dust wearing this. There is some sort of ingredient that makes this "fresh" but still pretty dark (not gothic dark though) yet sexy and dominant.

Sounds like I need this one for when my wrist heals and I can ride my scooter again! LOL

This is yummy, it isnt really dark to me but it does have depth, like alot of layers to it. It has a deep sweetness to it, it smells a bit like kingdom of dreams to me. The sweetness fades after a while and leaves a nice dark tone I like it alot.

This is yummy, it isnt really dark to me but it does have depth, like alot of layers to it. It has a deep sweetness to it, it smells a bit like kingdom of dreams to me. The sweetness fades after a while and leaves a nice dark tone I like it alot.

oh you're kidding right ??? I bought a full size bottle. What would you layer it with ? would you layer it ? I can't smell anything ! I have to wait 2 more weeks ! oooooooooooooooo

oh you're kidding right ??? I bought a full size bottle. What would you layer it with ? would you layer it ? I can't smell anything ! I have to wait 2 more weeks ! oooooooooooooooo

well with this scent I would want to take it darker so maybe LP Black, dirty sexy, dark seductions, nasty habits. I wouldnt layer it with anything sweet because too many its very sweet. Maybe layer it with something cool like miasma to overpower the sweetness until it fades and the other dark elements come through.

This smells a lot more dark and deep in the vial to me, it's got that same sort of liquor-and-heat edge of the men's version, but the pink pepper is more "high," if that makes any sense (when I smell things it's like I can see where they are in my head). It's immediately sweet upon application, but that burst of sugar doesn't last more than a minute or two. Once it burns off there's still sweetness, but it's moved to the background. The woman's blend has more of an emphasis on the amber, I think; this actually reminds me of Sugared Amber, but with a dark undertone. And I don't get the civet at all, not like with Nasty Habits. But both of these blends are very smooth, very wearable and lasting. In fact, I'm going to experiment with layering them tonight to see what happens!

It's probably not a good time to decide on this one, but I don't think I'm gonna like it it, I'm not getting anything anyone else is getting. no comprendo ?

It's probably not a good time to decide on this one, but I don't think I'm gonna like it it, I'm not getting anything anyone else is getting. no comprendo ?

Does the scent just not work for you or does it remind you of something?

Note on this one......both my bottle and trial vial of this cloud up if you shake it......shake before applying.....it makes it a little different......

Does the scent just not work for you or does it remind you of something?

Nose is better today, practically normal, yeah ! it does remind me of something !

Note on this one......both my bottle and trial vial of this cloud up if you shake it......shake before applying.....it makes it a little different......

I did shake it hun ! HEY ! how was VACA ? are you back, back? or just peeking in ? did "Ike" ruin it for you ? I'm sure you had "plans" on reserve.

liz

hmm this one is alright, not so much for me though but I am getting an anise like scent? what is that coming from? I have a bottle of naughty minx though which has a lovely anise scent. This one starts out sweet but then quickly turns a bit dryer and saltier and then the slight anise like scent comes out. it's sexy but doesn't make me go squee.I have so many scents on right now though they are blending...

I did shake it hun ! HEY ! how was VACA ? are you back, back? or just peeking in ? did "Ike" ruin it for you ? I'm sure you had "plans" on reserve.

liz

Vacation was fabulous!!

In Destin, the only effects from Ike were actually pretty neat.....the waves and swells grew to where they swallowed up the beach.....they closed down the beaches for swimming Thur-Sat, but that was ok.......we spent the better part of one whole day at a little park that had gazebos where you could just sit and watch the waves.....

And we had a room at a killer resort.....so, even though we lost some "beach time", we occupied our time in other ways....teehee

We both needed the time away.....we both love our kids very much, but sometimes, you just have to take a break from caring for everybvody else and take care of yourself, you know?

But yes, I'm back and had a great time......thanks for asking!!

Edited by Dolly

Vacation was fabulous!!

In Destin, the only effects from Ike were actually pretty neat.....the waves and swells grew to where they swallowed up the beach.....they closed down the beaches for swimming Thur-Sat, but that was ok.......we spent the better part of one whole day at a little park that had gazebos where you could just sit and watch the waves.....

And we had a room at a killer resort.....so, even though we lost some "beach time", we occupied our time in other ways....teehee

We both needed the time away.....we both love our kids very much, but sometimes, you just have to take a break from caring for everybvody else and take care of yourself, you know?

But yes, I'm back and had a great time......thanks for asking!!

Oooh, glad to hear that everything went so well :happybirthday: Its nice that you got to have some time away from the kids. It is always a good refresher to have time alone together.

Looking forward to havig you back regularly :)

• 3 months later...

Oh wow.. I requested my free samples in the form of D and D, one for her, one for him. I can not wait to smell it now! Anticipation is half the fun :D

• 1 month later...

:( ...got a sample of this in my first order. Sigh, this one didn't work for me. I appreciate it, in the bottle it smells so unique, the dirt, sexy concept is really there, i understood the combo of whiskey, leather, wood, spices.

when i wore it it changed, I actually couldn't get passed the idea that i smelled like molasses (in a bitter way) and black licorice (which i'm not fond of) with a smidgen of smoke. Those two smells stayed on me throughout, it didn't morph into anything else.

I wonder, is 'civet' derived from cat urine, don't know if i am making this up. i should google civet. perhaps thats what doesn't agree w/ me.

i don't particularly know if amber works on me or not, i have a HUGE order on its way and i know lots of samples in it have amber, so i'll be able to check if amber turns bitter on me.

i am in love with LP black, a bottle is on its way, it covers the sexy-delicious thing i'm going for, ha. based on dolly and everyone else i ordered a bottle of sug. honeycomb for that super sexy thang, plus a bottle of SS4W-oh well i guess i don't need to smell like a smokey, teak-lovin' whiskey-chuggin' girl who wears amber and hangs out at the bar.

but i wanted too!

note: found out that civet is a musk, valued as a stabilizer and scent from the cat-like civet mammal. oh my, it has to get harvested from their glands, and now the practice is to not kill the little guys and remove the gland but instead harvest it from the live animal (maybe like excreting dogs anal glands when they get plugged? ugh, i know, my rottie had to have it done once, poor lady, she lost her dignity in the vets office)!

Now they have a synthetic civet, and most perfumers use it.

• 2 weeks later...

This smells to me exactly like the description: leather, whiskey, carmel, plus I get a bit of smokey. I like it but for me it will not be something to wear very often.

• 4 months later...

got this as one of my free bottles in the big sale...i always wanted to try it, but was wary of spending money on it 'cause of the civet in it...which i fear.

honestly, though...i can't smell the civet at all.

this smells just like described...and it's quite nice.

it's boozey, smokey, dirty and sexy.

a bit sweeter than i thought it would be and not quite as dark and animalistic, but that's not always a bad thing.

not an every day scent, but a nice going out scent for sure...especially spiked with some pheros!

glad i finally got this one :party:

I've got sniffees & I snagged a sale freebie. This one reminds me of the bourbon balls my grandma makes @ Christmas time. Delicious!!!! The smokey is right on. My whole family smokes. So this blend captures those bourbon balls perfectly!

• 6 months later...

Bring on the booze! I love sweet booze notes, and this doesn't disappoint. :magicstick: Whiskey and caramel swirled together are a beautiful thing. The other notes only make it even darker and more decadent, with the musks giving it a "come-hither" quality, the patchouli/tonka/pepper sexifying it futher with something of a smoky, mysterious background and the leather giving it a badass kick. I'm so glad the leather note in this is pretty mild and doesn't come out all butch and manly on my skin. It's just the right amount of leather to sex it up a notch and still stay firmly in female territory. If this doesn't bait a man, I give up!

Edited by Invidiana

• 3 years later...

Very interesting! I bought this one off a trade thread because I'm currently obsessed with leather, and also drawn to civit. So far, it's a real surprise -- if I hadn't read the description, I would have expected this to fall in the "elegant and expensive" category, high class, not dirty at all! It's hard to describe what my nose is smelling here. I get the sugar/amber vibe. I think I might be getting the whiskey note, but this one doesn't come off at all animalic or gritty to me, which is what I was anticipating. The leather calls to mind the sleek expensive leather of a Coach bag, perhaps, or a very elegant men's satchel. Actually, I'm rereading Invi's review above, and "dark and decadent" certainly captures it.

In many ways, I find this beautiful and appealing, but it's a little too civilized for me right now. I'll revisit it when I'm looking for something elegant.

Just realizing -- I've never smelled "Soie et Forrure" but this smells like that name to me! It totally makes me think of a mink coat being slipped on over a silk evening dress....

ETA: OK, this is the fastest morph I've ever experienced... it got down and dirty, all right, but unfortunately on me it was suddenly all booze and, weirdly, tobacco, which isn't even a note! Back into the world of trade it goes.

Edited by Blackcat