SMOKEY KISSES

Dolly

AD-Smokeykisses.jpg

Smokey Kisses

A sensual reminder of a young womans first passionate kiss in which the lines of love and lust are crossed. Sweet cherries and roses merge within a web of smoke which leads to an euphoric drizzle of red wine. All the senses are enticed while dark resins and a gentle stir of woody musk creates a moment you can never forget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate, cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
ROSE ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection and love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
WOODS, SMOKE, RESINS ~ Love, sensuality, purification.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, so this one is unusual.....but nice.....

Wet, I get cherries.....very strong cherries with smoke.....as it dries, I get more smoke, and the cherries fade, leaving a hint of roses.....pretty cool.....my only real complaint with this one is not with the scent, but with my skin......my skin ate it.....now, it is barely there......

Thanks for the review Dolly. I bought a botlle of this and am really hoping the cherries would be a lil more prominent. I hope this ages well and intensifies with time :003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

But otherwise it may be a good one to layer with sugared cherries :)

I received my package of treasures yesterday, and smokey kisses was the first one i put on . The cherry didnt last long, it became more resinous on my skin.Its a beautiful fragrance.And adding sug. cherries would be devine { YUM } :rolleyes:

I was really waiting for this one and it is very potent and dark to me. It smells like dark cherries and sweet tobacco smoke. Although the cherries are strong they settle down to a nice cherry scent with depth. The sweet smoke last the longest and gives me that scent memory I was looking for. Now whenever I wear it I'll think of my sexy guy hehe love it so much thanks so much M@D for giving me what I was expecting.

The cherry top note is very strong, just this side of too sharp (i.e. medicinal) and once I applied it didn't last long. The mixture of the other elements gives it a very incense-like feel to me, it reminds me a bit of BPAL's Mme. Moriarty. I don't get the rose so much as the suggestion of floral sweetness (it makes me think of dragon's blood, actually). It has a feel of sensuous maturity to it, like you should only wear it at night.

Edited by luna65

I get alot of the cherry note too, and a very very smokey background (I can see myself wear this in a bar/club which I hardly go to!) but hey, it smells very sultry and dark imo. Not my cup of tea, but I would definately wear it when I go out at night! Veddy veddy sexay!

• 4 months later...

I am completely loving this! I am not normally a fan of fruity scents, but the cherry in this is amazing! I also tried layering this over eow (which I am having the damndest time getting the hang of) and it covered the nasty nicely.

I am completely loving this! I am not normally a fan of fruity scents, but the cherry in this is amazing! I also tried layering this over eow (which I am having the damndest time getting the hang of) and it covered the nasty nicely.

If you are interested, I have a bottle up for trade in the trading post. Let me know if this may be of interest :lolipop:

OMG I am mad, I just wrote a long review for this one as I had to try it b4 I handed it off but :( it didnt post...FRUSTERATING! lol

Alright basically I am saying this one has aged very well. The cherries arent as STRONG and medicinal as it was when I first got it. The ingredients have mellowed nicely together and it is now a juicy cherry with incence and smoke. A depth of resins with a bright fruity-floral on dry down..mmmm

If you have a tester or a bottle of this that you havent looked at in awhile...GO NOW, test it out!!!

• 9 months later...

Sexy juxtaposition of the innocent cherries, voluptuous roses and hazy smoke here; for those of you afraid of rose, this isn't overpoweringly rose at all, more like a quasi-foody rose, like candied red rose petals alongside maraschino cherries with wisps of candle and cigar smoke intertwining above them. Nice but oh-so-naughty :bizoo:

• 9 months later...

LOVE this scent. Dolly was sweet enough to give me a sample with our last trade, so I tried it out. Wet, it is (to me) very heady cherry with a sweeeet almond extract type flavor, and some fully bloomed red roses. As soon as it hits my skin, the beautiful smokey incense starts to bloom. This continues to bloom until it is the PERFECT cherried nag champa scent. Like the satya nag champa in the blue box.

To me, this smells EXACTLY like these two little stores I used to frequent on Ventura Blvd in Tarzana,CA...the Love Boutique/Imagine Center. Smelling this perfume takes me back in time to a period of, um, discovery in my life! Lol! It is SEXY and SMOOTH and AMAZING....dare I say, a turn on to wear?

I cannot WAIT til my man can smell this on me. Love it gotta get a full bottle before they're all gone.

• 2 months later...

This one was a draw for me. I put it on and at first, it just SCREAMED cherries! But.. waited about 15 minutes and on my skin it transformed into just a hint of cherry with a very eastern spelling incense. Reminded me of those Chinese blends that are often seen in Cone form. Not really the incense I am looking for for myself, but very pretty and sexy just the same. If you like cherries and eastern incensey like scents, then I'd say definitely try this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've got to stop trying GGGs - fall in love, can't have tons more :) This reminded me a lot of Dolly's Dark Side: boldly, overtly, aggressively, IN YOUR FACE SEXY. The cherry and incense are so seamlessly blended. It doesn't even come off that obviously "cherry" to me except for a few seconds wet. Can't take my nose out of the cro of my elbow where I applied. Snoooooorf

• 3 years later...

This went up on a trade page and when I saw the name I had to look it up, and when I read the notes, I had to get it. And oh, wow! Cherry has never been on my radar until the latest Occo Ambrosia, but it sure is now (along with Rose -- I woke up at some point this summer and had officially become a Rose Ho). Wet in the bottle this one is all cherry, very Life Saver -- candied, dense, red and shiny. The moment it hits my skin though the smoke and woods come out and oh my! Smoky, fruity musk with a velvet rose petal tucked in there somewhere. Sultry as all get out, and just perfect for a night that feels like early fall. It's too bad I don't have a bearskin rug, a roaring fire and (fill in your favorite celebrity name here) to roll around with on and in front of said rug and fire, but it's pretty nice with cats and a polyester comforter too.

ETA: I am having uncontrollable urges to rub this into my hair. I want to go around with my hair swinging against my face and smelling of warm, smokey, cherry-rose musk. It is DIVINE.

Edited by Blackcat

Wow, was it a PE or a regular release? I love those LP scents that invoke emotions from deep down. Sounds like fun. :funnyanimation17:

It was from the first Designing August collection, which was created for the catalog. Fragrances were crowdsourced and voted on; the concept, notes, artwork and descriptions came from forum members and Mara did the brewing. In the two years we did this sometimes an idea came from just one person, but most of the time they were collaborations.