Archive: Love Potion: Tropique

luna65

image.png.7dec62aef0105c78bc5c93a76bb36093.png

A true treasure of the Tropics awaits in this Love Potion® variant featuring tropical vanilla, lush and soft varieties of amber, and lightweight patchouli swirled with frothy coconut cream and a blend of honeyed summer fruits, then adorned with a single lovely magnolia blossom. To turn up the heat of your torrid temptation, each bottle contains ten drops of Essence of Woman Pure Copulins.

TROPICAL VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HONEYDEW & CANTALOUPE MELONS ~ Water magic, fertility.
COCONUT CREAM ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

Created by: Mara & Julie

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: "Goddess of Seafood" by Echo Chernik

A Month of Love Potion® collection, June 2014

True LOVE: Love Potion® for every notion!

Love Potion® Magickal Perfumerie is an artisan fragrance house founded on a perfume which is both an instant classic and an enduring favorite…the one and only Love Potion®. Through the power of scent with intent, our flagship fragrance has granted its wearers an abundance of affection in addition to smelling fabulous! Since introducing our first variant in 1989 - Love Potion®: Red – we have devoted our time and talents to creating numerous versions of this delicious recipe according to seasonal observances, celebrations, and scented interpretations of colors, using varied ingredients for the blending of our signature base along with complementary notes according to the applicable concept. We now present an entire month of Love Potion®: eleven Limited Edition variants for any mood or occasion. The labels for this collection are in keeping with our theme of Belle Epoque/Art Nouveau style for the Love Potion® variants, featuring the amazing artwork of award-winning illustrator Echo Chernik.

Indulge yourself with our month of Love Potion® and Add a Little MAGIC to Your Life!

The woman who sat across from the Creator at her brewing table bore all the signs of a recent tropical getaway: tanned skin, sun-streaked hair with a flower behind her ear, colorful lightweight clothing and sandaled feet, a string of shells and pearls adorning her neck and most importantly, the relaxed attitude which certainly comes with a change in latitude.

"Do you believe in mer people?" she asked in a whisper.

The Creator smiled. "The sea is certainly large enough to be home to any number of wonders, some only glimpsed so rarely that they have come to be regarded as mere myth."

"And we're mostly water, you know?"

A nod. "Yes. So you're saying you have encountered these beings of late?"

The woman flushed, it was obvious even beneath her deep tan. "One of them. I went to a resort, one of the Pacific islands, for singles, just hoping to have a fun fling and I guess you could say I did –" she trailed off, looking wistful and then depressed.

"When you departed you realized it wasn't merely a fling."

The woman looked up, her eyes shining. "I think I'm in love with a merman!" She covered her face with her hands, half-laughing and half-crying.

"Did he give you that necklace, perchance?"

"Yes, he said he loved me, and he would wait for me to return. But, it's crazy, right?"

"Why is it crazy? You have proof."

"But –"

"Love creates challenges, and change, and minor miracles, even. Is there anything of this life you returned to which is the equal of swimming with him in deep blue water, of lying with him in the surf under the full moon, of hearing him sing your name carried on the Tradewinds, of looking into his eyes and knowing you have enchanted him as fully as he has done to you?"

"But we come from two different worlds!" the other cried.

"And where those worlds collide is the place you found one another. Look at you: your heart and mind is still there, with him. Only your body is here and it is dressed for there. Let me brew you a scent which will remind you of his magic…and help you to find your way back to him."

The woman nodded, still seeming to doubt her own feelings. "All those things you said, how did you know?"

The Creator smiled, and the other thought it looked a bit sad. "You asked if I believed in mer people…and I never said I didn't."