Le Sommeil Des Anges

Ajia

AD-LSDAngel.jpg

Le Sommeil Des Anges

For those who seek a calm gentle oasis from the cares of the day…to sleep with the angels, lulled by a feathery-soft blanketing embrace upon a bed downy as a cloud…this relaxing and comforting botanical blend was specifically created for peaceful slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/restores body and mind.
VIOLET ~ Love, modesty, calming, balancing, healing, protection.
NARCISSUS ~ Renewal, good fortune, comfort, deep sleep.
JASMINE ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity, powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
VANILLA ~ Inspires happiness, vitalizing.
HYACINTH ~ Attracts love and luck, protection, playfulness, joy, relieves grief, eases childbirth, dependability, constancy, friendship.
APPLE BLOSSOM ~ Peace of mind, contentment, success, happiness, love attracting.
GERMAN CHAMOMILE ~ Calming and soothing, relaxant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today the county fair starts in town. Normally it takes about 5 to 10 min . to get to work, but when the fair starts its taken as long as 30 mins to get to work{aarrggg!]
So knowing this i decided to wear Le Sommeil Des Anges to see how it works for me.
Let me say it works great . It took 25 min. for me to get to work and some yahoo
darted out in front of my car so I slammed on my breaks and spilled half my latte all over my work slacks.Note: {did not jump out of car and choke living sh#* out of person}lol! msn_red_fox_smilies-09.gif
And I didnt even flip him the bird! I give this fragrance five stars , its very calming and after awhile it has a slightly sweet hint to it ,YUM!
:woohoonaner2gy:

Today the county fair starts in town. Normally it takes about 5 to 10 min . to get to work, but when the fair starts its taken as long as 30 mins to get to work{aarrggg!]

So knowing this i decided to wear Le Sommeil Des Anges to see how it works for me.

Let me say it works great . It took 25 min. for me to get to work and some yahoo

darted out in front of my car so I slammed on my breaks and spilled half my latte all over my work slacks.Note: {did not jump out of car and choke living sh#* out of person}lol! :rolleyes:

And I didnt even flip him the bird! I give this fragrance five stars , its very calming and after awhile it has a slightly sweet hint to it ,YUM!

:)

And to think I wanted this one for a sleep scent! It might do me more good than I anticipated!

Need to order a gallon.........

And to think I wanted this one for a sleep scent! It might do me more good than I anticipated!

Need to order a gallon.........

And conveniently have a 'rollerball mutiny' on a pillow or blanket! :rolleyes:

Oh I wish I had this one right now, my work is falling apart and I need to have a nap so that I can finish my day as I am working in to the wee hours tonight :blink:

*sigh* I feel you. I live in canada too, so I've got to wait for 2 weeks! lol

I ordered a full bottle of this unsniffed, because someone mentioned it might be similar to Sandman Snoozeth because of the German Chamomile. My order came this afternoon, and I barely got the box open before I uncapped this bottle. I have loved and hoarded my little tester of Sandman ever since I got it (and the potion became unavailable). Now, comparing the two, I have to say that I like Le Sommeil Des Anges even better! It has more depth and character than Sandman. Where the rose in Sandman gives a very soft sweetness, the jasmine in Le Sommeil Des Anges a top note that draws me in to the softness beneath.

This will definitely be more than a sleep scent for me. It makes me feel too good -- I would wear this as an everyday scent instead.

This is a really lovely scent. For a "sleep" scent, I was expecting something heavy on the lavender and chamomile, and this isn't like that at all. It's a very warm, comforting scent rounded out by the vanilla, and surprisingly complex. It hasn't helped me sleep so far, but who cares when I can be awake to smell this?

I got a lot of compliments with this one! it's so beautiful and pure and sweet. My skin amps on the vanilla note which I love, and then I get a floral in the background it's certainly a comfort scent. C'est tres jolie!

I am so sad right now. I was very excited about this scent, I have a bottle on route...I tried the sample out this morning and :lolipop: it doesnt work with my skin. It takes on an odd scent and then it disapears. When it is wet on my skin the scent is just divine but once my skin reacts, bam no good.

I am going to hold on to this and see if my skin reacts differently during other monthly times, but for now I am going to have to keep it as a bath time scent.

I am so sad right now. I was very excited about this scent, I have a bottle on route...I tried the sample out this morning and :lolipop: it doesnt work with my skin. It takes on an odd scent and then it disapears. When it is wet on my skin the scent is just divine but once my skin reacts, bam no good.

I am going to hold on to this and see if my skin reacts differently during other monthly times, but for now I am going to have to keep it as a bath time scent.

I can sympathize CC, I received my LPMP smellies and an order from elsewhere and with this cold I can't even enjoy them and I was so looking forward to THIS particular one ! Hope this one reacts differently for you next time. Sometimes I let them 'age' a bit (just fyi).

I can sympathize CC, I received my LPMP smellies and an order from elsewhere and with this cold I can't even enjoy them and I was so looking forward to THIS particular one ! Hope this one reacts differently for you next time. Sometimes I let them 'age' a bit (just fyi).

Yeah, I find ageing them can make the scent just bloom! I will definetly be holding onto this one for that :lolipop:

Thanks liz.

CC you are wise to try it at other times of the month! I cannot wear nasty Habits most of the month, but when I can, it's KaBAM!!! Also, I have considered layering this one with Sugared lavender or Musky Dusky Lavender, you may want to try that!

Oooh good call, I do have both now! :lolipop:

• 1 month later...

I've been using this on-and-off since I got it, to see how well it works, and I have to say that it does consistently, for me. Every time I've used it I've fallen asleep within fifteen minutes or so, it's nicely effective. The scent is more floral than I expected to be...usually sleep blends smell primarly herbal to me. It's got a pretty sort of sweetness which provides another facet of comfort to the experience.

Edited by luna65

• 5 months later...

i've been meaning to review this one for awhile, it's a real favorite of mine (egad, i am developing alot of 'faves' lately).

the chamomile in this blend is fantastic, sweet and gentle. what a beautifully, calming potion. i could wear this everyday. my sample is running low, i've worn it so many times to bed, it does calm my mind and mellow me out at the end of the day. it isn't 'herbal' smelling to me, in fact it does become quite sugarey-chamomile like once it settles on my skin.

i'll add more later, just want to say i have decided it's time for a bottle of this. just waiting for the april releases to get descriptions to see if i should try out some of them as well.

• 1 month later...

This reminds me of a softer, slightly more feminine version of "To Soothe a Broken Heart", which is one of my absolute faves. I guess it's the lavender/jasmine mix that makes them similar, but i still like To Soothe better because it's stronger and has more "kick" to it from the mosses.

This was a nice, calming, soothing scent for sleep, though...and I laid down for a little nap this afternoon (after having to put my poor kittygirl to sleep :icecream: ) and the scent was still all over my sheets and pillows and helped soothe me to sleep after the stressful afternoon.

A good one for your bedtime arsenal, for sure!

This reminds me of a softer, slightly more feminine version of "To Soothe a Broken Heart", which is one of my absolute faves. I guess it's the lavender/jasmine mix that makes them similar, but i still like To Soothe better because it's stronger and has more "kick" to it from the mosses.

This was a nice, calming, soothing scent for sleep, though...and I laid down for a little nap this afternoon (after having to put my poor kittygirl to sleep :icecream: ) and the scent was still all over my sheets and pillows and helped soothe me to sleep after the stressful afternoon.

A good one for your bedtime arsenal, for sure!

Aw, Sadtomato...I just caught this post. I'm so sorry! It's heart breaking to lose a beloved pet. <<<<<HUGS>>>>>

Sadtomato, sorry to hear/read of your kittygirl's passing. My lizzyt is on this site, perhaps when you feel up to it you can put some words together to commemorate her. They light a candle every Monday nite at 10 pm for all our 'little ones' that have crossed over. HUGS from me too !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Good things happen to people like me who rummage through their imp stash, because what did I find but a trial vial of this! It's a light creamy vanilla floral on me. I definitely agree it's a sleep scent, definitely not a sex-bomb-night-on-the-town scent but ethereal and comforting.

:kyrii_blue_sleep:

• 1 year later...

I know this is long gone, so maybe silly to review, but it's so so beautiful I had to. The jasmine/hyacinth combo is very clean/pure-feeling, and the vanilla gives a sweet roundness. Exceedingly feminine and romantic- would be a brilliant wedding-day scent.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I was craving a vanilla and this stood out to me to i decided to wear it today. So depressing that its gone D':

Ive only sniffed out of my sample until just recently, first impression of it reminds me of my first bath bomb from lush (Pheonix Rising) But after sniffing again it has an incredibly light herbal tea thing to it with a faint vanilla hovering in the very back.

On skin i was blown away! It turned into a creamy, rich non-foody vanilla with dainty dashes of flowery herbs, closer sniffing you can almost tell what kind of flowers are in it (lavender and chamomile are the ones standing out to me most) It gives off this musky-vanilla cloud that is quite pleasant from the distance and it just gets better when you get closer.

Its total love at first wear, Im going to have to agree that it has a very ethereal feel to it. I just adore the scent :hearts0425:

Edited by Anonymous2F