Pure Sugar

whiskerswhispers

Pure Sugar

Sugar, sugar and more sugar! Enjoy the sweetness of our blend of five kinds of sugars - nothing but the sweetest of notes! If you are a sugar lover this one can be worn alone, or, add some additional sweetness to your favorite blend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sugared: Pure
In vial: butterscotch, butter toffee, and treacle. It’s caramel and brown sugar with a buttery edge.On skin: caramelised sugar. This is pure sugar of all kinds from the darkest treacle to caramel to a hint of white spun sugar on top. There’s also an aspect of almost perfumey, tangy citrus/cologne/light musk on top, it’s similar to the scent I got in Sugared Cinnamon. In here, it’s not as strong. And despite the dark, smoky, almost burnt scents of the darker sugars here, the scent is not overwhelming or cloying or heavy. Some of the darker sugar scents can be very heavy, especially in warmer weather, but this one has that light, fresh, non-sugary note on top to prevent this. The drydown to this is very similar to Sugared Cinnamon, but this is lighter and less spicy…it still has that odd floral-perfume-musk feel to it. It’s nice but I was hoping for more sugar…however at drydown I get more and more of the lighter sugars coming forth, some icing sugar and candy floss notes. This is actually very pretty now and I do prefer it to Sugared Cinnamon-it lacks the spice, but the drydown is worth the wait! I even smell a hint of toasted coconut in there, and this coconut gets even stronger over time. And then it smells very much like candy floss and fried donuts sprinkled with sugar, with added coconut ice. It smells like the fair! So whilst I wasn’t sure about the beginning of this scent, I adore the final stages.

• 1 month later...

Out of all the Sugared series I love Pure Sugar the best. It's so fairy-tale like whimiscal of a scent for me. It makes me very jolly when I wear it.

To my nose it's mostly a "white" sugar blend. I think because of it that's why i am getting an airy/light fluffy vibe to it. The dry down stays very true and i never got that weird plastic/doll/musky smell i can get with "lighter" blends. I'm glad it's mostly a "white" sugar scent god knows it makes me happy and when i am happy i am NICE :P

MPM

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I ordered a bottle of this when it was first released and I was so excited because I had been wanting a pure sugar note. That is what I get from Sugared Pure - pure white sugar. I love it alone, but I love layering it with anything that needs just a bit of sweeting up.

• 3 months later...

We've been getting SO MANY special orders for Pure Sugar since it 'sold out' that I brewed a whole 'nother batch and I've decided to make it a staple, (along with Sugared Honeycomb, Sugared Roses, Sugared Patchouli and Sugared Amber). I'll add it back to the webstore when next I update.

:msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

We've been getting SO MANY special orders for Pure Sugar since it 'sold out' that I brewed a whole 'nother batch and I've decided to make it a staple, (along with Sugared Honeycomb, Sugared Roses, Sugared Patchouli and Sugared Amber). I'll add it back to the webstore when next I update.

Thank you!! This is going to be one of my next full-bottle purchases for sure.

Woohooo!! This is awesome news, LP Addicts! Thanks Mara!

CC, If you don't like it ILL buy it from you, that's how sure I am you'll use it!

Sounds good :goldfish5: but I am thinking this will be an absolutely perfect addition to my slew of fragrances! :rolleyes:

this is a warm cuddly sweetness, a box of pink icing covered cookies!! i like the label too... mmmmm

OMG I can't WAIT to get mine now! mmmm, this sounds divine, I WISH I had got 2 or 3 ^_^

ok so last night I was putting on some shea butter and as you may know you gotta melt the chunks in your hand. So I was melting it in my hand and I thought hmmm I bet putting some LP in it would smell good. So I thought I would try one that I really had not used much and chose pure sugar. Well I accidentally dropped half the vial into my palm with the shea butter. Well after it all melted I had a big pool of liquidy goodness and since I didnt want to waste it I rubbed it all over and even in my hair.

WOW all I can say is it was delicious I could not stop smelling myself I felt like I was in a big pile of fluffy sugar. I now realize with the lighter scents I gotta use alot more to get that yummy strong scent that I prefer.

Im gonna get me a bottle of this, so fantastic

Oh man! you guys are tempting me to take my credit card out again!!! I love sugary girly scents, would you tell that this scent is girly?

I just ordered stuff lol!!! and I've got a shopping list and it's seems to be growing! *nooo!!!*

Can't wait till my birthday comes, which is next month on the 21st...hehe!

this scent is girly. Its light if you only put on a few dabs but if you put on ALOT oh WOW its delicious on overload. It also layers great with your pink emerald.

Just SLATHER it on and you'll be so happy living in a cloud of fluffly sugar. I think when wearing this I'll put on like 1/4 of a vial and yes that will be mean I will go through it like water but hey whats the price for having a great day.

this scent is girly. Its light if you only put on a few dabs but if you put on ALOT oh WOW its delicious on overload. It also layers great with your pink emerald.

Just SLATHER it on and you'll be so happy living in a cloud of fluffly sugar. I think when wearing this I'll put on like 1/4 of a vial and yes that will be mean I will go through it like water but hey whats the price for having a great day.

Thanks alot beautiful! :D Can't wait till my next paycheck now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* I'm spending money like spilling water! But it's so worth it!

Edited by esmeralda

Oh man! you guys are tempting me to take my credit card out again!!! I love sugary girly scents, would you tell that this scent is girly?

I just ordered stuff lol!!! and I've got a shopping list and it's seems to be growing! *nooo!!!*

Can't wait till my birthday comes, which is next month on the 21st...hehe!

I don't even have a credit card!

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that ivy fiddlefox!

Don't feel bad about it, you're actually save more money when you don't have a credit card!...Now that I have it, I think I'm going to spend money on LP like every month without control! And my dad helps me out on my bills...but he does get all pissed when he has to pay those extras like interests and stuff, erk! :D lol! --- paying by bank accounts or money order is so much cheaper!

I wish I could use a prepaid credit card (but dang, it's so fricken expensive--like all those useless fees and stuff!)

• 3 weeks later...

I got this one as a freebie sampler.

Comment: OMFG!!!!!!!!!

I wish it if the scent was much stronger cause I had to bath in this stuff (I used like 1/4 of the vial). But sweet jesus, this smelled really really f'n good no wonder why people hoard this!

In the vial: I couldn't smell much (it is not as strong as the other LP stuff), but it did smell sweet and slightly pinkish (but not pink)

On skin: Butter galore, I smelled like sugar cookie dough, simply edible. And after a long while, its just sugary.

This is a fantastic scent! I can see myself wearing it. You can add more if you want that throw, but it'd definately great for those days when you want to wear something light and sweet.

Very nice! very nice! I think this will become one of my fav'ts soon!

• 1 month later...

I ordered a bottle of this and just tried it. At first when I put it on it smelled flat to me. Vaguely sweet. I figured I could layer it with something if it didn't work alone, but within a half hour it morphed into something completely unique. It's sweet but it's got the tiniest hint of perhaps the softest of musks? I wish I could describe it more accurately. Still sweet, but a very subtle spice or musk-like aroma that makes me want to sniff as deeply as I can.

This was a lovely surprise and definitely a keeper.

• 2 months later...

I just got my full bottle of Pure sugar with EST added in.And OMGawd I forgot how wonderful pure sugar is all on its own! At first its a slightly pink sugar , then it turns to pure white sugar sweetness , kinda like white frosting. And with added Est. it makes my man calm .........

Edited by Ajia

• 3 weeks later...
I just got my full bottle of Pure sugar with EST added in.And OMGawd I forgot how wonderful pure sugar is all on its own! At first its a slightly pink sugar , then it turns to pure white sugar sweetness , kinda like white frosting. And with added Est. it makes my man calm .........

Mine came today, and in addition to the bottle of Pure Sugar with EST, there was a sample vial of Pure Sugar alone. I tried the sample, and my first thought was why, oh why did I wait so long to get this? It is butter, light sugar, icing, soft sweetness -- just an absolutely lovely fragrance to float along on! I just want to lean my head on my arm, close my eyes, and breathe in this scent.

***contented sigh***

Mine came today, and in addition to the bottle of Pure Sugar with EST, there was a sample vial of Pure Sugar alone. I tried the sample, and my first thought was why, oh why did I wait so long to get this? It is butter, light sugar, icing, soft sweetness -- just an absolutely lovely fragrance to float along on! I just want to lean my head on my arm, close my eyes, and breathe in this scent.

***contented sigh***

Ooooh! Happy report! Yay for a good blind pick!! :2559: :2559: <<-- he looked silly just jumping alone...

Ooooh! Happy report! Yay for a good blind pick!! :2559: :2559: <<-- he looked silly just jumping alone...

All of my picks in my most recent order were blind and unsniffed, and they ALL hit the mark!

I think I've learned enough about myself and fragrance that I can read the descriptions and know what will work and what will appeal to me. Yay!

• 4 weeks later...

So - had my bottle of Pure Sugar spiked with A-nol. And for as crappy a day as I have had - I am positively chipper.

I might have to go swimming in this.

• 1 month later...

Curious chick graciously sold her bottle of Pure sugar to me,

i bought it on a whim, thinking it may sweeten up some of the lp's that are too dry or bitter on my skin.

I LOOOOVE IT, all by it's lonesome self.

it smells like simple syrup that u use when bartending. pure, innocent plain ol' sugar. it's fabulous on it's own. i've worn it to bed for the last few nights and feel like a little girl that ate all her halloween candies in one sitting. the sugariness envelops me and i fall asleep content, nostrils agape.

Edited by cyberianhussy

Curious chick graciously sold her bottle of Pure sugar to me,

i bought it on a whim, thinking it may sweeten up some of the lp's that are too dry or bitter on my skin.

I LOOOOVE IT, all by it's lonesome self.

it smells like simple syrup that u use when bartending. pure, innocent plain ol' sugar. it's fabulous on it's own. i've worn it to bed for the last few nights and feel like a little girl that ate all her halloween candies in one sitting. the sugariness envelops me and i fall asleep content, nostrils agape.

Yay! Glad this one found a good home :D

Have you tried Pink Emerald yet? It has a similar feel to LP Pink and Pure Sugar.

no, haven't had a chance to try this one cc. i just got lp pink 09 in my big order, wow i love this one too. ALOT! i read here that this newer version of pink isn't your cup of tea; i only can imagine wot' the older pink must have smelled like. pure fabulousness probably. i should look around fro a sample of emerald to try in the trades. thanks for the tip, hon!

no, haven't had a chance to try this one cc. i just got lp pink 09 in my big order, wow i love this one too. ALOT! i read here that this newer version of pink isn't your cup of tea; i only can imagine wot' the older pink must have smelled like. pure fabulousness probably. i should look around fro a sample of emerald to try in the trades. thanks for the tip, hon!

Its true the 2009 LP Pink hasnt worked as well on me as the original. The original is more vanilla pink, where as I fingd this new one to be more sugar pink. Although there is a note in the new one that doesnt love me (it is the same note in pink emerald and pure sugar that doesnt work for me), this hasnt stopped me from stocking up on LP Pink.

I do get a lot of compliments on it so I had to nab me a bottle, a BI amped bottle and a CB amped bottle...lol, I think I am set :D

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I ordered a sample as I was curious what it would smell like, being a lover of sugared honeycomb. This is fabulous. It reminds me of LP White & Pink combined, neither of which worked well with my body chemistry. It very sweet in a non-cloying way. It smells like a vanilla liquor, with cotton candy, waffle cones and maybe a light touch of musk. It's light, airy and sweet and a total dream. I adore this and need a big bottle or 10.

EDIT: This smells like the dreamy, creamy frosting notes in Lush's Honey I Just Washed the Kids {the solid perfume was too oraney and lemoney for me but the other notes were awesome} and reminds me of Poison Hypnotic {fairy tale like vanilla scent but only myself and my mother and grandmother seem to appreciate on me}.Whoever said this was a fairy tale scent was very accurate.

Edited by DeliberateAngel