Pure Sugar

whiskerswhispers

Tested this last night. I sensed that there's some sort of 'citrus' in it, like the background note in LP Pink on my skin. It's not very sweet and I was expecting it to be more fluffy.

• 1 month later...

Tested this again tonight. Frosting comes to my mind and this is a dull, low-key sugar scent. Whereas it turns out to be like cotton candy, very airy and cheerful when my daughter uses this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This may sound obvious, but this seriously smells like sugar. The granular sweetness has been encapsulated so well, it's amazing. I love the fluffiness and lightness and just sheer deliciousness of this. It really would layer so well with so many things.

• 4 months later...

wHAT??? Why haven't I tried this?? Where is it?

Oh, this scent would definitely be for you, Lady V! Off topic, but I had a dream with you in it, the other night. As to the Pure Sugar, it has a hint of citrus on my skin & I just love it. I keep meaning to get a full bottle & I'm definitely thinking of getting it in spray, boosted with Topper. Since they're both in the layering category.

Oh, this scent would definitely be for you, Lady V! Off topic, but I had a dream with you in it, the other night. As to the Pure Sugar, it has a hint of citrus on my skin & I just love it. I keep meaning to get a full bottle & I'm definitely thinking of getting it in spray, boosted with Topper. Since they're both in the layering category.

PLEASE TELL ME I WAS SKINNY AND RICH AND LPS FOR ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

PLEASE TELL ME I WAS SKINNY AND RICH AND LPS FOR ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Well, you were rich. You had a nice bungalow with a housekeeper. But the housekeeper accidentally knocked you in the teeth with a broom because she was trying to get rid of a rat that had gotten into the house.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got a sample of this, and I love it! It's great on its own, but I can also see layering this with lots of things, to sweeten or lighten them up!

Does it get powdery when dry?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

AD-PureSugar_1.jpg

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/PureSugar/

Pure Sugar

A Layerable Scent

Sugar, sugar and more sugar! Enjoy the sweetness of our blend of five kinds of sugars - nothing but the sweetest of notes! If you are a sugar lover this one can be worn alone, or, add some additional sweetness to your favorite blend!

What are some of your favorite scents to layer with Pure Sugar divas? How can a new person determine that a scent would be layerable with Pure Sugar? Do tell pretty please.

Edited by ComingUpRoses

AD-PureSugar_1.jpg

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/PureSugar/

Pure Sugar

A Layerable Scent

Sugar, sugar and more sugar! Enjoy the sweetness of our blend of five kinds of sugars - nothing but the sweetest of notes! If you are a sugar lover this one can be worn alone, or, add some additional sweetness to your favorite blend!

What are some of your favorite scents to layer with Pure Sugar divas? How can a new person determine that a scent would be layerable with Pure Sugar? Do tell pretty please.

IMO you can layer this with pretty much anything. It goes nicely with florals, honeys fruity scents.

On florals it can smooth out some of the pointy edges, those note that poke you in the nose.

PS is a smooth sugar with a little weight, you'll probably need to use less than you think.

It's great for adding a touch of smoothness to Un pheros. Just a bit will cover the chem smell on most of them.

I have a spray of Un G2 and just 3 drops scented the whole bottle.

I think of Pure Sugar as the scent equivalent of the Topper phero blend, it can be used with pretty much any perfume. I haven't tried it with any of the mens' scents though ;)

ETA: Also if you're into using scents with purpose or intent, I use Pure Sugar when I want to sweeten people up to me. Like the fragrance equivalent of putting them in a honey jar.

Edited by Beccah

Oooh Beccah, I love your idea of using this to sweeten people. I love making honey jars- so simple, but so potent. I've just ordered my first bottle of this and am really looking forward to using it now. Plus I've started trying to add just a hint of fragrance to some of my plentiful collection of UNs, so I don't go overboard, and have noticed this is a scent people seem to really like for that purpose, because it's neutral but delicious.

Edited by vladmyra

IMO you can layer this with pretty much anything. It goes nicely with florals, honeys fruity scents.

On florals it can smooth out some of the pointy edges, those note that poke you in the nose.

PS is a smooth sugar with a little weight, you'll probably need to use less than you think.

It's great for adding a touch of smoothness to Un pheros. Just a bit will cover the chem smell on most of them.

I have a spray of Un G2 and just 3 drops scented the whole bottle.

All great ideas Stacy! I work around a few super-sniffers so I'll definitely try Pure Sugar in a few UN pheros. As well I ran into my first pointy edge this week :001_302: wish I would've been armed with PS :say19: Thanks again for everything girlfriend! :hugs-and-kisses:

I think of Pure Sugar as the scent equivalent of the Topper phero blend, it can be used with pretty much any perfume. I haven't tried it with any of the mens' scents though ;)

ETA: Also if you're into using scents with purpose or intent, I use Pure Sugar when I want to sweeten people up to me. Like the fragrance equivalent of putting them in a honey jar.

...the scent equivalent of Topper :rolleyes: . THANK YOU Beccah! That'll be an easy way for me to remember how versatile Pure Sugar is :)

Edited by ComingUpRoses

• 2 months later...

Mara mentioned something about reporting what Sugars layer well with what LPs. While I think PS layers well with many scents IME. No Surprise.

I'll say that Pure Sugar is fab with Absinthe Of Malice. Really great pairing. It softens the AOM scent and take a bit of the edge off. Like putting a pretty, dressy jacket over a bustier.

Edited by StacyK

• 4 months later...

This is just the perfect blender, can be added to literally anything to change it up or can be worn alone for that little bit of sweetness. It is the perfect hit of sweet without becoming caramel or toffee or vanilla, lends sweetness without any other notes. Perfect!

Mara mentioned something about reporting what Sugars layer well with what LPs. While I think PS layers well with many scents IME. No Surprise.

I'll say that Pure Sugar is fab with Absinthe Of Malice. Really great pairing. It softens the AOM scent and take a bit of the edge off. Like putting a pretty, dressy jacket over a bustier.

I tried this combo a few weeks back and your right it is fab… Absinthe of Malice is one scent I wish I had a gallon of. I hope a close reincarnation of this baby comes along really soon as I only have drops left of my backup bottle...

Absinthe of Malice is one scent I wish I had a gallon of. I hope a close reincarnation of this baby comes along really soon as I only have drops left of my backup bottle...

Me Tooo!!! As Mara said in the thread she can't really brew AOF again because of the complexities.

I would definitely be up for a version 2.

And PS is so great with this!

Edited by StacyK

• 1 year later...