Archive: Inspire Desire

luna65

For all the cupcake-crazed among our beloved customers, we revisit that mouthwatering desire you can’t get enough of! A perfect citrus-and-honey vanilla cupcake slathered with yummy pink frosting...no one could possibly resist such a charming confection! Rich buttery cake-like vanillas, blended with two tangy tangerine oils and a trio of light bright honey accords, with sparkling sprinkles of pink sugar and a base of sweet orange tree amber.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
ORANGE (TANGERINE) ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
PINK BERRY SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: vintage

February 2015

You never forget the first time you see a fairy. Now I know what they say, the ones who claim you’re dreaming, or you’ve been in the sun too long, but I know...we all know, those of us who have been blessed with glimpses of their perfection.  

I used to leave out little cakes, for in all the stories I’d learned they loved beauty and sweetness and I hoped to charm them, to express my appreciation for their appearances. They would dance and sing and caper about within their magical ring, at the charmed hour, when the sun was on the wane and the sky turned all colors, lit by that honeyed fire. But my cakes would go uneaten; I supposed they could smell me, my human scent, the scent of iron and of the cold dry diminished state in which we dwelled.  

How then, to attract the attention of those far beyond my own reckoning?

I wandered a meadow, watching the sun slide beyond the hills, casting long shadows which revealed the flash of fireflies, and in a moment I held my breath, hearing the crickets call and the birds respond, and from within the breeze...bells and pipes and a voice calling to me. I looked up into a tree and there he was: bright eyes like wild forest depths, holding out a pansy with a sly smile. When I touched his fingers I felt the sky reach down to meet me, I felt the earth rise up to greet me. And all was bliss.

And from that day on, I was able to bake a perfect fairy cake. Every evening I see his eyes, blinking winking in the dusk, as we join to dance in the garden, and to seek our passion among the flowers.