Archive: Tantalize

luna65

image.png.7f97eb745172b94be73939c9ad7b4228.png

Tantalize his senses with the glamorous romance of the tropics...a blend of several types of luxuriously rare orchid - an enduring symbol of love and beauty - cradled in a cloud of fluffy vanilla and marshmallow, draped in sheer layers of soft white musk and myrrh, suffused with a sensual drift of woodsmoke and smoked sugar cane.  For further torrid temptation we’ve boosted this lovely with our exclusive LACE pheromone blend, which contains a "woozy" amount of Alpha-Androstenol (mood elevator, attraction amplifier) plus the precious ultra-feminizing pheromone Estratetraenol. Effects are reported as making the wearer feel extra girly and even a bit ditsy...a "Marilyn-esque" aura that is highly attractive to men.

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
WOODSMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Lesley Anne Ivory

Valentine Collection 2016

Review Thread

Whenever I’m asked about my favorite romantic scene from a movie, it’s one that - to date - no one else has ever claimed to have seen. But I’ll never forget it. I had gone to a revival house to see Casablanca, but apparently there was a last-minute substitution and instead the attendees were treated to a screening of Siren of the Emerald Depths, possibly from the same era as the movie we were meant to view. The plot recounts the tale of a group of explorers on an expedition into the uncharted and untamed reaches of a South American wilderness; the scenery was astounding, even for a movie shot in black-and-white. So many plants and animals represented, its’ realism was startling for a film of that period. The expedition becomes lost  - there are claims of sorcery afoot - in one scene the party camps beside a wide lake and just before dawn a woman rises out of the water, her body barely contained by a glimmering sarong. She has long dark hair, wide bright eyes, high cheekbones, and full lips - a femme fatale but also something more. I cannot take my eyes off her, so enthralling is her appearance in the film at that moment. There is a single orchid blossom in full voluptuous bloom behind her right ear, so dark it must be purple or black. She rises from the depths of the lake and comes to lie beside one of the men. She caresses his body in quite a lewd fashion, her own curves straining her scandalous costume. Her lips part just slightly, revealing sharp gleaming teeth. In that moment she appears to change, her skin darkening and her features becoming even more angular and feline.  There is a jump-cut to a monkey in a nearby tree, hopping and chattering in alarm, as a moan, and a shrieking growl, startles us on the soundtrack.

Then the jungle falls completely silent.

That audience never learned who - or what - she was. After a sequence where the rest of the group search for their missing comrade and discover the ruins of a temple, we were informed by the projectionist the last reel had not been delivered with the rest of the film. I have spent years trying to track down a copy, wondering if she were the queen of a lost race, or a solitary witch, or the Devil incarnate. But when others scoff - as you do now - to insist there is no romance inherent in such a scene, well, allow me to say: you did not see her, her unearthly beauty, the absolute grace with which she emerged from the water. She didn’t even appear to be breathing, such was her preternatural poise. To witness a being such as that, who wouldn’t long to succumb to her infernal desires?

I have no doubt that whoever fell prey to her in those emerald depths did so with glad longing, with utter ecstasy. Just as I would, if I could. If only she were real….