Love Potion: Red

thatonegirl

I didn't really think about it, but I had traded my last full bottle of Red off long ago (I had two backup bottles at the time, so when I used up the teensy bit in my last bottle (several months ago) I didn't realize that I had NONE left (I thought I still had a bottle tucked away in my secret stash drawer).So when I recently realized it, I ordered a fresh bottle, and last week, my man and I were getting ready to go to a business dinner and I rolled on some Red.....he was following me through the house, in my scent trail, saying...."Damn, you smell good!" "That smells familiar" "What is that?" When I told him that is was one that he used to REALLY enjoy, and reminded him of scenarios while I was wearing it, he smiled really big, and said "OH YEAH! Now, I remember!" He even asked me to apply MORE before dinner the other night.....He likes the fact that this one is part of the permanent line....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love, love, love it. The sweet scent in the beginning is so luscious and rich. Then it melds with the spicy scent of cinnamon and the smooth amber and resins. It is just amazing. A co-worker came up to me to talk to me while I was wearing it the other day and took a deep breath. He said "Something smells good" and then he told me that I smelled like Christmas. It could be that he had Christmas on the brain (Tis the retail season) but I can see where the cinnamon and sweet might give that impression.

Yeah, He loved that one. He also liked Lightning in a Bottle. The only scent he didn't like was Ladybird but I wasn't wearing it he was smelling the trial vial. I think he would have a different opinion of it on. I know I did. LP Red mixes on my skin very nicely. To me it just gets more wonderful, which is a nice change from regular perfumes. :)

I still love this one. When I get a bottle I do mix about 1/3 of it with the same amount of sugared amber for a daytime Red. Then I layer the straight Red over the top as the evening starts and it works great. Lots of male attention even without Pheros. Just a fantastic blend that also only gets better with age.

This was my first LP purchase (boosted with cops - LONG before I understood what that truly meant) It handles cops very well, and it is an incredibly sexy, bold scent (IMO). I'm finally out of it... 8 months (but you have to understand I acquired TONS of LPs it had to share time with!)

LP Red is everything I love about LP ORIGINAL, with an extra dose of sexy. Just as with LPO, I cannot imagine ever being without it. This is one of my husbands favs on me. I would love to try pairing this with Sexpionage... Hopefully it could handle it as well as the plain EoW. I'm just not brave enough yet to order combos on my own... Thank goodness Mara does the phero as/UN sampler in Nov so I can experiment!

I would love this in a wax melt for the holidays... Or just a romantic evening at home.

Edited by LoveStruck

• 1 month later...
Guest LexyCents

Just tried it for the first time this morning and went to get breakfast with a co-worker.... As we're trying to pick out what food to get, they are like okay what is it that smells so good? I can't be this or that.. what is it? And I was like... is it this? And she smelled my wrist and was like YEAHHHH omg it's so good! And I asked her what it smelled like to her and she was just like, I don't know but its just GOOD!

Only been like a few hours of me first wearing it and can't believe that compliment. And we're in the middle of winter where I am so I'm even more impressed!

Buying this!!!

Red is wonderful. It is still one of my favorites. I found out yesterday that some of my bottle spilled out in my little purse. Thank goodness the little rollerball stopped it from being a complete flood but I am going to have to get a new bottle soon.

Of everything I have worn from LP, Red has gotten the most compliments...but that might just be that I wear it more than everything else.

Guest LexyCents

Red is wonderful. It is still one of my favorites. I found out yesterday that some of my bottle spilled out in my little purse. Thank goodness the little rollerball stopped it from being a complete flood but I am going to have to get a new bottle soon.

Of everything I have worn from LP, Red has gotten the most compliments...but that might just be that I wear it more than everything else.

I think Red is going to be my favorite and is going to be hard to beat.

I got 3 samples total, UNE, Sugared Honeycomb and LP Red.

I'll just review the Red here.

When I first opened it, I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. It had an almost harsh herbal smell. I think it's the Patchouli. I was thinking, oh man, and it sounded so promising too and inside I was a bit let down honestly. But it did have promise. I did smell something sweet in there.

I read reviews where people said they weren't taken with it either until they put it on and let it dry down. SO GLAD I read those reviews. It really does MELD with your skin and chemistry. It's strong but there isn't great sillage. You won't smell me from across the room and I'm not sure if you would smell me when I pass by. I think I have to be standing near you for you to smell me, but when you do, it will hit you! And not in an annoying way either. In a way that says, "what is that? I need to smell it more, I need to know what this is" kind of way.

Once it melds with you, for me at least, it's sweet but sexy. I honestly don't know how else to describe it. Some people previously mentioned "christmas dinner" hahah that kind of rings true. It's sweet but slightly dark, but not too woody.

It took me some time to get used to and you really do have to try it on. This is my first time not wearing commercial scents, so I tried to keep an open mind. With commercial scents too there is a difference in notes after the dry down, so I was aware this would happen for these perfumes, but man it's on a different level. It's not only that different notes come out, but really it's that the scent embeds with your natural chemistry or something and seeps into you.

Also I read somewhere, the scent becomes you, and you wear it and not the other way around. I didn't know what that meant, but now I do. It's almost like someone would say YOU smell nice and think it's your personal scent. Not just, "Hey, what perfume are you wearing?" That kind of thing. Commercial scents almost SIT ON you and wave flags... But LPMP... the scents kind of meld INTO your skin almost!

Loving this journey so far! :Emoticons04235:

There is this super cute, girly boutique here that smells just like LP Red to me lol. I swear, they have to have a LP Red tart or spray or SOMETHING. It makes me want to wear LP Red every time I go in there, it smells so good!

That is a wonderful review, Simply, and very true. There are a lot of perfume oil scents that are like that. The latest one for me was Pink Elf. I didn't hate it in the vial but it wasn't amazing either. However, on, it becomes warm and rich. The scent is far more complex when body chemistry is added to it. I hope you enjoy your other ones also. If you let people know what you like about Red then they might be able to suggest others to try. Also, if you haven't found it, there is a newbie sampler of some of the most known scents on the gift shop page. (I'd link it but I am on my phone)

Edited by Maililyahn

Guest LexyCents

Thanks ladiesss :D

GAH I can't get over how much I LURV this scent!!! I wear it even when I'm alone and not going to go out. It just makes me feel so goooooood and yummy and satisfiedddd! Good thing I just ordered two bottles!!! :say19::Love09751:

Edited by LexyCents

Guest LexyCents

That is a wonderful review, Simply, and very true. There are a lot of perfume oil scents that are like that. The latest one for me was Pink Elf. I didn't hate it in the vial but it wasn't amazing either. However, on, it becomes warm and rich. The scent is far more complex when body chemistry is added to it. I hope you enjoy your other ones also. If you let people know what you like about Red then they might be able to suggest others to try. Also, if you haven't found it, there is a newbie sampler of some of the most known scents on the gift shop page. (I'd link it but I am on my phone)

Thanks Maililiyahn! :D

Hmmm... what I like... I like the sweetness of the scent, its a heavy rich kind of sweet. Likee dark chocolate ish kind of sweet? And not light fluffy sugar. I DOOO love fluffy sugar too but sometimes that can come off as too much to some people.

I like the complexity... there's a deep warmness that I can't place my finger on.

I actually don't like the inital notes of patchouli, but the way Red mixes and seeps into my chemistry, it works!

But I asked NuTrix and she kindly let me know OCCO Red, is light sweeter version of LP Red, so I am about to order that and I think I am going to LOVE it even more than Red. Also going to do OCCO White! Possibly pink too... OIYYYYY haha and I am going to purchase some UNs too...I'm in trouble!!! :Emoticons04263:

:D Better pin your wallet down before all your $$$ flies away - it has happened to some of us already... :moneyfairy13:

Hmm, I do love Beth's Blushing Milkmaid. It is a creamy sweet. Spring's Lusty Cherry is amazing also if you see some on the trade forum. Ladybird w/ Levitation was a surprise favorite of mine in November. Its juicy sweet and the phero is uplifting. I hear Land of Nog was a favorite from December. You might like Inspire Desire from January's collection.

It is almost overwhelming how many there are to choose from. In a good way, like walking into a vault filled to the brim with tons of treasure to inspect. I still have scents to sample. I don't know how Luna has managed to smell all of her's or manages to remember what they smell like. (You should check out the epic stash thread and you'll see what I mean.) :potions25: Her epic collection is a thing of inspiration. :)

Guest LexyCents

:D Better pin your wallet down before all your $$$ flies away - it has happened to some of us already... :moneyfairy13:

:w00t: That icon of the dollah dollah bills flying off is TOO perfect!! :say19:

I am going to have to find a way to limit myself...hrmmmmm hehe :J005:

Guest LexyCents

Hmm, I do love Beth's Blushing Milkmaid. It is a creamy sweet.

Must try this!

On another note, I just realized the MULTIquote button exists!...haha I am going to start using that :D

Edited by LexyCents

Ahhhhh I've been hearing about this one! Some ppl compare it to OCCO white! I am adding it to my list uh ohhhh lol :Blusher:

BBM is delicious. in my opinion it is yummier than OCCO White. But the combo of the two is out of this world!!!

I agree with ephoebe about BBM. It is amazing and yummy and definitely something worth having!

Meanwhile, I went back and read my review of LP: Red from a year and a half ago and I do have to say I like it better now than I did before, but it's still not quite me just yet. I'm sure I just need more time to appreciate LP: Black and LP: Red in their complexity. Some of it, I feel, might be congruence. I think these two scents might be darker and more mysterious than I am, haha. While wearing LP: Red though I still get a bit too much cinnamon for my liking, but I'm honestly not a cinnamon person in the slightest and amp it like crazy as well. I definitely have to remind myself to sweeten it up a bit by layering with some other sugary or creamy scents. I'll be happy to join everyone in salivating for LP: Red when the day finally arrives that it works with me more!

Guest LexyCents

Just added some Perfumer's Alcohol to my sample oil and OH EM GEE... LOVE IT EVEN MORE :Emoticons04235:

It makes it more what I am used to with commercial scents... more dispersed and outreaching. YIPEEE!!!! :Love09751:

Just added some Perfumer's Alcohol to my sample oil and OH EM GEE... LOVE IT EVEN MORE :Emoticons04235:

I have tried LP Red both in oil and spray, but i think i like it more in oil. It feels deeper and more delicious to my nose. LP Original on the hand is awesome in spray. Again that's just me.

I wonder if it is, or if it's the power of suggestion...that it seems richer or deeper or anything in oil? I LOVE the oils. And, of course, it usually appears golden and opulent, thick and lavish..I love the silky feel of it. It (the perfume in alcohol) MUST be lighter though? Sometimes I pick up the notes differently in alcohol, but it is still unmistakably, undeniably RED :heart:

Edited by NuTrix

I think scents cling better in the oil. Lingers with little whiffs and hints of wonderful through out the day. So perhaps that is why it seems deeper and more complex. Sprayed perfume seems to be all out there and then all gone. I haven't tried many LPMP sprays but I think that's the nature of most sprayed scents.

I guess if they were to both have a death scene then oils would be the dramatic flailing and gasping for breath, along with a few potent words before departing while in the arms of a lover and sprays would be the quick bullet wound to the head of a very vital likable supporting character and the sudden realization that its gone sooner than you'd like.

Or maybe I am just used to oils. I really want to try them together.

Guest LexyCents

Hahaha Marililyahn! I love your descriptions! :D

Seems like I'm the minority in liking some alcohol in mine but thas cool ;) maybe I have a weaker nose or something. or i'm too used to commercial scents possibly.

Just want to be clear that I didn't buy the spray versions, but made my own by adding in perfumer's alcohol. Wanted to put that out there so ppl don't think I am talking about the 1 fl oz sprays that are sold (which are 60% alcohol to 40% oil).

If I had to say, my mix was 50/50. not sure if that makes a difference or not. I sprayed it on myself last night and i can still smell it on me now tho!

I love this sent - can anyone tell me if they have added phros to it and if so what- if not what would you recommend -

i have a bottle boosted with Sexpionage, I've got no one to use this on at the moment but i hope this will change (fingers crossed!)

I've heard it goes very nicely with Bang! too

• 2 months later...

I am stalking this thread trying to hold off making another large purchase (window shopping) and DRAT! You guys sucked me in. I'm going big--LP Red and LP Gold FB with cops on both. And Occo Red. And Sugared Amber. And Sexology. Today.

Maybe I need to stay off the message boards for a while. I promised I wouldn't purchase until pay day!

If you keep your LP:Red cops free you could use it for more social occasions and you can always layer it with OCCO: Red. Just a thought there. I love Red so much that I wear it to work quite often. :)

What M said above.

LP Red on its own is awesome and combined with OCCO Red ... OMG.

It's nice to have options (w/cops or cops-free). So if i were you I'd get a FB LP Red without cops and the OCCO Red (and all the other you mentioned of course!) just so i could have more options.

Nope! I got talked into Pink first and finally got it in my most recent order (that I haven't met yet because it's waiting for me in the USA) so Red will be next on the list. I have tried Rouge and I like it but think Red will be even more up my street. I like the sound of something like Rouge but a bit weightier and spicier rather than the slightly sweeter, lighter tone of Rouge (as reported by folks who've tried both).

Rouge reminds me of Red a bit but at least to me Red is way better, hotter, sexier etc. I like Rouge too, but Red ... OMG it's so sexy yet elegant and combined with OCCO Red, there are no words!!!

I have received the weird comments of hukkah smell etc but i don't care, i love the scent way to much to let them get to me :)

I'm sure you will like it a lot.