Love Potion: Red

thatonegirl

I've been meaning to review this one for awhile now, somehow I always end up side tracked with other threads I come across while searching... Lol, I swear reading the forums is an addiction by itself. The description alone sold me so when my order arrived this baby was the first to go on, unsniffed and all. Immediately I fell in love. I felt like I was wrapped in a warm blanket of scent greatness. I couldn't help but to keep sniffing myself all night! My other half wasn't around for this trial but I think it made me attracted to MYSELF!!! I couldn't get enough of me lmao! I've worn this many times since, sometimes with pheros and other scents and I've never been disappointed. Sometimes a different note is more obvious to my nose making it slightly different than the last time I wore it..but when/if that does occur its somehow even more perfect!!!

I think I might need a second job to support my new addiction!!! ???

And thank you ladies for all the advice and information you post, it has helped me tremendously through my LPMP journey.

Welcome Hun! I just got my sample of this today too and it smells just like what I imagine the color red to smell like lol

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to finally test this last night and I definitely will never be wearing this out of the house.

Got out of the shower and applied a liberal amount because it smells really good and works with my skin chemistry really well. Well hubby caught a sniff while in the kitchen and said "I don't like it, it's too loud" so I was like "if it's a problem I'll go sleep on the couch" not a big deal right?

Fast forward to about midnight, I've been asleep for about 2 hours (fitfully, I'm 7 months pregnant and very uncomfortable) my husband has never been woken out of his sleep from a phero before so imagine my surprise when I wake up to a 6'4" 280lb lumberjack on top of me! And then AGAIN this morning at 7 I am woken up from him, neither of these times would be a problem but I'm just not interested in sex these past few weeks. (Imagine a beached whale with a skin condition, because that's what I look like ha!)

I have never had a response like this from cops or anything, including compromising positions.

So now it's 10:30 my kids are stuck to me like glue, he has been stuck to me all morning the pets won't leave me alone, this is powerful stuff and I'm more worried about wearing this outside of the home than I was with comp positions, cuddle bunny or any of my other sexual blends ?

• 4 weeks later...

I got this as a sample when I ordered LP Black. When it's wet, it's warm and very spicy. I was concerned about possible irritation from the cinnamon but my skin was fine while wearing it. The cinnamon is definitely dominant, with the amber and vanilla as a faint second. I didn't get any hint of apricot.

When it's dry, it smells similar to Red Hots cinnamon candy hearts, which could bring back memories of Valentine's day. I've been wearing it for five hours and it's still going strong. It's spicy and powdery. Very warm and sexy.

It's too soon to tell if I'll order a full bottle. I will have to give this another try.

• 5 weeks later...

I am new to LPMP, but I have to say that this stuff is amazing. LP Red (sample) was the first one I tried with potential BF and it made him all jerkish. He's not normally like that. Very self-confident, quiet type. We were in a room working on some things. He sat close, then moved away, sat close...you get the picture. Then he had to get up and open the door. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I remembered I had the perfume on.

I commend all of you who create these scents, and thank everyone from whose experience I've learned to make my choices. I made one order already and working on my next one.

I finally tried LP Red. It smells amazing in the bottle. I could smell cinnamon, but there were other elements that were hard to figure out - so I slathered and kept slathering this fragrance on. Then the fragrance changed to something cinnamon/sweet, but I still couldn’t tell what was what. Then LP Red turned sexual and really dirty on me. It smelled powdery like cops. This smelled like an unwashed woman sprinkled in powdered sugar. I wore this on a really bad day where I felt bad and looked bad...(that time of the) However, women were very friendly and perky; men opened doors, were polite, and complimented me on corny stuff. The throw of this was over 10 feet away. I had cashiers winking at me. It was funny. I was told that I smelled good and sweet, but to my nose I smelled like a woman with powdered sugar on her unwashed vajayjay. This one is a keeper because of the effects. I will get a full bottle of this.

I finally tried LP Red. It smells amazing in the bottle. I could smell cinnamon, but there were other elements that were hard to figure out - so I slathered and kept slathering this fragrance on. Then the fragrance changed to something cinnamon/sweet, but I still couldn’t tell what was what. Then LP Red turned sexual and really dirty on me. It smelled powdery like cops. This smelled like an unwashed woman sprinkled in powdered sugar. I wore this on a really bad day where I felt bad and looked bad...(that time of the) However, women were very friendly and perky; men opened doors, were polite, and complimented me on corny stuff. The throw of this was over 10 feet away. I had cashiers winking at me. It was funny. I was told that I smelled good and sweet, but to my nose I smelled like a woman with powdered sugar on her unwashed vajayjay. This one is a keeper because of the effects. I will get a full bottle of this.

Glad you like it! I love this one, together with OCCO Red it's lethal, believe me! y very first order form LPMP were these two. The throw of it is very strong. People definitely notice it.

Thanks ephoebe! Wow. Don't tempt me. I have OCCO Gold. Don't tell me that OCCO Red is that amazing as well!

Honeycake ... yes be tempted, because it is that good! I'm telling you, these two together are the perfect combination. So many hits with these two.

• 5 weeks later...

LP: Red is one of my favorites. I just got my second bottle in since my first one is running low (probably like 2 mL left). Reminds me of those red hot cinnamon candies, and I get loads of compliments from guys with it. Paired with OCCO Red, it's a knockout.

• 1 month later...

I love this scent. I have been trying all the LPs, and even though I do like some of the others...a LOT...Red is still my favorite. It is one of those scents that I just keep smelling myself! It is a very sexy scent, and I LOVE mixing it with Bang!

• 4 months later...

I have just tried Love Potion Red and once again I am blown away by the beauty of a scent. Really, I should not be so surprised anymore. Like many before me; it was reading the review of the potion which encouraged (lol - not sure that is the right word) me to get a scent trial.

The scent just bursts from the vial in lovely swirling notes of warm cinnamon and something musky, hazy, vanillary, sexy. A tiny dab on my wrists has woken my body up and I am sitting here with my wrist glued to my nose whilst I try and type with my other hand. Despite the spiciness, this has a deep, warm, smooth body that you just want to fold yourself into. Like squirming on cool satin sheets that your body-heat slowly warms up smooth. Like arching your back and stretching your arms above your head and feeling all your muscles elongating and catching fire smooth...

Another winner and another full bottle on my ever expanding list.

• 3 weeks later...

I've grown to love this! It was not love at first sniff though. Sometimes I think I have this expectation of how something is going to smell, and then when it doesn't, it takes me a while to interpret what I am sensing.

It is not very sweet on me (which I originally anticipated it would be) and I don't get a whole lot of vanilla.

Especially with the oil version I get the apricot and spices in the beginning. In the spray I get a whiff of woods more towards the beginning than you would expect. With both versions, the dry down it becomes a little smoky, resinous, and sweeter. Sometimes patchouli can be problematic with my skin chemistry, but in LP Red, although it is present, it does not take over.

I've worn it with OCCO Red, and yes, it is a knockout combination! I have NoCo Spicy Brown Sugar on order. and am curious to see how it will layer with the LP Red when I'm in the mood for a sweeter fragrance, but want the LP Red nuances too.

If you've not tried it, and are not sure when you read the description if it is something you would like, it absolutely is worth the gamble to get a trial vial, and give it a test run without anticipating what you think its going to smell like. Let LP Red explain to you what it is. For me, it is a sophisticated sexy scent that is not overpoweringly strong, but lasts quite a while, especially on pulse points

• 1 month later...

I wore this in spray & my oil boosted w/ cops. Both my boosted & regular bottles have gotten more apricot forward w/ aging, but the cops boosted one has definitely gotten fruitier. I think the comment I got from my best friend was that it "smells like fall in a bottle." This is about the 3-year mark of aging. I say if you like the Love Potions, any of the variants, it's always good to get back up bottles for aging.

• 8 months later...
On 1/31/2017 at 6:01 PM, Midnight Requiem said:

LP: Red is one of my favorites. I just got my second bottle in since my first one is running low (probably like 2 mL left). Reminds me of those red hot cinnamon candies, and I get loads of compliments from guys with it. Paired with OCCO Red, it's a knockout.

I just tried this the past two days and it was awesome!

This is the scent that sold me on LP. I had a friend refer me to the site, and I've gone completely bananas ordering samples. I've lost count of how many I've ordered already, but I still have a ton on my wishlist--and the very first full bottle I ordered was LP: Red. 

While there are a ton of scents I already love, this one I can tell is going to be a staple for me. It smells absolutely delicious on me, and the mister gets far more cuddly and up close and personal when I wear this one. I've noticed it's also garnered me a bit more attention than I'm used to getting when I wear it out of the house. A definite keeper! :D

• 2 months later...

I know that I'm a guy hanging out in the women's section but I just had to comment.  I had gotten my bride a bottle of LP: Red a month or so ago that was boosted with Balm Bomb (what she calls Calm Balm).  She was stressed about going to work this morning so I'd suggested she put some on.  She's REALLY conservative about wearing scents so I helped her out a bit ?  I rolled on as much as I normally wear and in the same places.  She finished getting ready for work and walked past me and I DIHL'd, lol.  She smelled AMAZING. 

Ladies, from a gents perspective,  I highly recommend this scent.  It is warm and sexy and just an all around amazing scent.  Having said that, you should always wear a scent FOR YOU even more than for someone else and according to my bride, LP: Red makes her feel strong, empowered and positive.  She wears Red when she needs to feel a boost.  It helps her to feel more confident (even when not boosted by pheromones).  That's why I got it with the Balm Bomb, to help enhance that calm, strong feeling in her.

*fingers crossed* that she now understands how to wear the oils and is happy to do so more often.  I will also say that the calm balm absolutely improved her mood.  Always a good thing.  :Emoticons10311:

Edited by Snoopyace

Love Potion Red smelled amazing in the bottle, but not on my skin :( Same with Compronising Positions...I had each in the trial size. Anyway, I had some empty roll on bottles, & decided wth, I’ll mix them together.

For some reason, it was a magical combination for me ! Smells delicious & really works with my chemistry now, which makes no sense, since neither did alone, but hey, I’ll take it. 

• 1 month later...

I have tried Love Potion Red for the first time. I personally don't pick up any of the cinnamon hints and only get a very strong floral smell, not sure what it is. I received this as an oil sample and literally only touched the oil stick to my chest and rubbed my wrists to my chest. The scent was extremely powerful. Has anyone experienced this as well? Has anyone used anything to dilute this? If so, would love some recommendations. I am still debating on what I think about this scent, but it reminds me of my cats. Yeah, it's weird. I do like fruity and vanilla scents, but don't think strong floral scents are my thing. Any recommendations are welcomed.  

• 3 weeks later...

Guys it's crazy! Because all Mara scents are freaking awesome. Even the scents you would never wear would go good on me. Like Vampire Bait for example. I hate floral scents....Guess what ?it's in my freaking collection! HOW ABOUT YOUR SiGNATURE SCENT?????

Too many great scents to choose from

Hahaha

• 1 month later...

I forgot I had this on when I went to the grocery store. Had some guy that kept "bumping" into me around the store & trying to strike up a convo. The male employees were falling all over themselves to help me. So easy to forget when I am working with the little ones, how powerful this one is. I had a random stranger buy me roses, then another store employee had stopped me & was rambling about how beautiful the roses were, total DIHL, but no pheros needed. Yet, I am still w/out a date for Valentine's day, maybe that will change after the Superbowl parties tomorrow, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,all! So I wanted to post my thoughts on LPRed...this was one of my first orders and on a whim I went FB on it...so glad that I did. For the first couple of days I couldn’t quite place what it reminded me of, then I remembered...it reminded me of a metaphysical store I used to go to back in the late 90s-early 2000s and it kind of brought up some unresolved feelings I had over that period of my life and I almost put it away for good...but it smelled so good I just couldn’t break up with LPRed...so I powered through...made my peace with that time in my life and really fell in love with it.  What I have noticed about it...while no one has commented on the scent, people DO what to be physically close to me....whether it’s at the store or at work...they’re leaning in or standing as close as they can to me. 😳 My boyfriend is extra attentive and very snuggly as well. (These are all awesome things) I noticed people tip me more than they normally have in the past (it’s gotta be the cinnamon!). I’m a hairstylist and I live off of my tips so this has been an added bonus for sure lol! I’ve also had a rather “a-ha! Moment” where I figured out that with LPRed...folks (this is men AND women) seek my approval as if I’m Queen of the Land lol I’m not even exaggerating lol I had a client who started telling me about how on his off time he goes to Alaska and fishes for salmon...ok...then he’s like I always catch the biggest ones and I’m like....ok.... and then this man had to pull out his phone and actually show me pictures of all of these GIANT salmon that he has caught himself lol This guy was probably in his 60s or more and married and he wasn’t hitting on me but it was like he needed both my approval and needed to impress me at the same time. It was pretty comical. So it’s things like that and pple saying they did this or that for me so I wouldn’t have to that has me saying to myself “Red, I got you girl I got you!” (And of course it smells pretty amazing so there’s that too lol)

• 4 months later...

Have not used much of the "heavier" scents since I moved home (tropical country) 4.5 years ago and LP Red is one of them. 

Paired that with OCCO Red to match my red tee over jeans and sandals yesterday. Left the office early and went for a 20-minute shopping with my daughter. A fellow male shopper was absolutely warching me as I walked around him to get to the mirror. 

My opened bottle is probably at least 8 years old and perhaps smells even more beautiful now. It'll take me some time to finish this bottle but I do look forward to opening my other aged LP Reds when the time comes. 

• 5 weeks later...

LP Red is amazing. I definitely have to be in the right mood for it, but it's a deep, foodie, spicy...just complex and compulsively sniffable. BUT...I have an LP MYSTERY (that actually sounds like it would be a cool variant...)

I love 95% of LP Red, but there is this ONE NOTE that comes out sometimes that I don't like. This note just smells kind of "dirty" to me, in the same way a "smutty" honey or a certain rose notes might smell.  

I'm not getting that note at all in LP Pink, and little to none of it in LP O.  It's stronger in LP Black.  I think I smell something similar in Phero Girl but NOT in the old Sugared Honeycomb (which comes off sweet and gooey on me, not very dirty at all). Is it resin or a honey note, maybe? I also considered cinnamon and brown sugar, since LP Red has these and LP O doesn't, but my skin usually loves anything foodie. Or maybe patchouli?  Both Double O and LP O are well behaved on me, and both have patchouli. Any ideas? I'm going to try Sugared Patchouli tomorrow to see if it's the patch. 

• 1 month later...

So to update on my previous post, I tried Sugared Patch but I don't think Patch was the issue. I tried layering LP Red with Pure Sugar and the extra sweetness fixed the problem completely.  It now feels much sweeter and more balanced on my skin. I can now wear LP Red whenever I want now without worrying that it's going to turn on me! Yay! 

16 hours ago, hedgehog said:

So to update on my previous post, I tried Sugared Patch but I don't think Patch was the issue. I tried layering LP Red with Pure Sugar and the extra sweetness fixed the problem completely.  It now feels much sweeter and more balanced on my skin. I can now wear LP Red whenever I want now without worrying that it's going to turn on me! Yay! 

Ooooooh, Pure Sugar & LP Red sounds like an amazing combo !

• 4 months later...

So ... eons ago, someone loved the way a commercial perfume smelled on someone else, but it didn't smell the same on me.  Thanks to the last few years with all of you, I am educated on why. 

I know - there is ZERO comparing commercial anything to LP. LP's are the bestest but here I am wondering, if maybe, Red would smell on me, the way someone had hoped Cinnabar from Estee smelled on someone else (not an ex)

I am also wondering how Leather would mesh with this. I'm on the fence on FB or sample first haha.  I know I want a FB of Leather, but I think I'm wanting it in a a perm collection scent. 

Edited by livinlavidacabo

@livinlavidacabo  I wore Cinnabar decades ago, and even though there are similarities,  probably best  to go with a sample, because, like you said, things smell differently according to who is wearing it  To my recollection Cinnabar was spicier.    But I've only worn LP Red off and on, and never enough to make a dent in how much is in the bottle.  Patchouli is not my friend in many perfumes.