Archive: Desperation & Djinn

luna65

Love can drive us all to drink sometimes, but we say grab the djinn, not the gin! Love-drawing juniper and dusty rose, deepened with meditative sandalwood, frankincense and myrrh, a breath of soothing sage and just a drop of bourbon to appease the fickle Gods of affection.

ROSE ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

JUNIPER ~ Emotionally calming, physically energizing. Attracts lovers, deflects thieves.

Cleansing, purifying, love charms, exorcism, health.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CLARY ~ Enhances visions.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Jennifer King

October 2016

Review Thread

Just then, a tall pale man stumbled up and thrust a bottle at the old woman.  The bottle was blue with a long neck and crystalline stopper, it glittered like a gem in the light from the front window.

“Oh, what’s wrong Norton, djinn got your tongue?” she asked, taking the bottle from his hand.

“Very funny, crone.  That thing short-sheeted my bed and relabelled my spices!”

“Well you can’t say I didn’t warn you,” she called to his retreating back as the door slammed.  “No refunds!”

“Wait, are you saying that bottle contains a genie?”

“Give the girl a prize!” she exclaimed, then handed me a lollipop with a flourish.  I sniffed at it.

“Why does this smell like booze?”

“You know what they say, dearie, candy is dandy but liquor is quicker!”  Another gaggle of cackles issued forth and the bottle vibrated upon the counter.  She eyed it with suspicion.

“Oh no, last time I let you out you tried emptying all of the bottles, and that will not do!”

“Genies are real pranksters, huh?”

“Djinns are the worst,” she said, tossing her hair.  “The sad-sacks of the world continue to make wishes, but let me tell you, dearie, everything has a price, nothing is a true bargain with the likes of them!”

I nodded, and someone else nearly knocked me over approaching the counter...

(The story continues in Flying Potion 2016...)