HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Potion Master

Happy New Year, Loved Ones!
We will be closed December 31st and January 1st due to massive partying. We will see you on Weds the 2nd and will want to hear all about your Hogmanay! Have a great holiday and thank you for all the wonderful times we shared in 2018. Wishing you a 2019 rich with the blessings of love, good health, success, and MAGIC!

HNY.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours!  Have a great time partying! :funnyanimation17:

20 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

Happy New Year, Loved Ones!
We will be closed December 31st and January 1st due to massive partying. We will see you on Weds the 2nd and will want to hear all about your Hogmanay! Have a great holiday and thank you for all the wonderful times we shared in 2018. Wishing you a 2019 rich with the blessings of love, good health, success, and MAGIC!

HNY.jpg

Happy New Year, love the cat, wish mine would wear a cute hat lol

So what did you do for New Years?

For the Eve, I cooked Cornish game hens and way too much other stuff, and had some friends over for my first ever game of Dungeons and Dragons, which was friggin' hilarious. Need to do that again. Seriously partied like it was 1999 and woke up with a hangover for it. Today I went to see Aquaman with KSBF. It's been a fun 24 hours. Hope yours was too!

Happy New Year! I spent NYE w/ my oldest. I really enjoyed it as I don't know how much longer he's going to want to spend an NYE with me. We had snacks n watched Donald Glover's standup on Netflix. I have been trying to build my alcohol tolerance back up, leading up to NYE, so I had some Beringer Moscato. But my corkscrew broke, so I couldn't open up the nice Italian Moscato D'Asti at midnight. Today has been spent waiting on vehicle repairs, checking up on paperwork I've ignored for two weeks & chatting with my 20 yr old.

my news years eve was quiet, just a glass or 2 of champagne, but with this bronchitus i have, have had breathing problems, spent most of the night over the toilet coughing trying to clear my chest, sleeping almost in an upright position otherwise i feel like i'm gonna choke, yesterday started the antibiotics and cortisone so hopefully they will kick in working soon, cause normally i fly out to the uk monday and dad wants me to get better before i see him, don't want him to be ill just after his heart op!

tonight will be some champagne again.

Happy Belated New Years!  I hope everyone has recovered from hangovers   (and coughs! Fang). 

Mara, we are big on board games here.  Used to have regular game night parties!  No D&D recently though.  The past few  months and years its been Evolution, Kingsburg, Catan and Ticket to Ride. 

This year I made no resolutions, and I'm quite comfortable with that. 😎 

Happy New Year to my old and new forum member friends. It's already a few days now past Solistice and I'm feeling the new positive energy pouring in.

Hug also to the Potion Master and the many store elves !

😺

This year has been really great for me so far! @Eve and @Potion Master, we are very into playing Progressive Rummy, 10,000 with dice, and the Magic the Gathering card game. It's complex, but makes me popular with the 12 year old boys, and the 40 year old ones that behave like 12 yr old boys.

I have a lot of hope for 2019, I hope it's all going well for the rest of you, too!

• 2 years later...

@Potion Master , @Eastwood22 and anyone else who enjoys board games, I wanted to post a few we’ve been playing lately. 

Last night we tried one that involves mixing potions, and I couldn’t help but think about our community here :) 

EA109BC8-1E28-4297-8480-AD597D864F40

My potion kept exploding and I lost, but it was fun!  And I think once you get it figured out, the game wouldn’t take too long. 

Here are a few others…

378FF035-4F83-416F-85AC-09CAFA5D4333

The Great Western Trail is a very long drawn out game (fair warning).

The  bottom two game titles in the photo got cut off.  They are Kingsburg, and Evolution.

Ticket to Ride is even better if you buy the expansion set cards, because they’re  full sized and a lot easier to shuffle. 

Very cool! The only one of those I have is Ticket to Ride. Last week we did a big puzzle, I like the Ravensberg (sp?) brand. But i just found a brand of puzzles that comes with 10 page short mystery story, and somehow the clues to solving mystery are in/on the puzzle. I'll report back when I get one.

We also just got the Scooby Doo edition of Clue. I'm looking forward to playing it again, I confused myself the first time!

Edited by Eastwood22

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT GAMES?!

I'm gonna over do this and share something about all of the board games we carry in the shop!

Once Upon a Time:

Once Upon a Time is a storytelling game where each player is given an "Ending" card and they work towards getting the story to go the way they want.
We are out of the main deck BUT we do have add on packs such as "Knightly Tales". This add on deck adds in story elements of Knights and that time of dragon fighting goodness!

Grand Tribunal:

This is a game of magic (duh)
Play this game you will need to collect the most Magic Items (cards) will playing with 3 to 5 others.
Three times during the game (The Tribunal) will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd to the players the have made the most items before that point.
I haven't played it but it looks super fun!

Fairytale Gloom:

First off YES!  I love anything that turns the fairytale norms onto their heads.
I don't think I can explain it better than the game it's self.
"...what really happens to fairytale characters like Jake, Gretel and Puss in Boots? Unfortunately tragedies where the hero's are fooled by foxes, give up on Grandma and cry wolf once to often"

Ren Faire:

You know how scary it can be to walk into a community like a Ren Faire? If not this game will teach you.
"Each player can use these coins to buy costume items from the Shoppe window. Buy matching pieces to increase the number of challenges held in your hand. Place costume pieces on other players to turn their carefully planned costumes into a hodgepodge."

Ghost Hunters' Tool Kit:

This one is a little different, almost like a ghost hunting 101 kit!
This kit includes Dowsing rods,  A ghostly take on Major Arcana Tarot, and a easy to follow Ghost Hunting guild!
BOO!

Witches of the Revolution:
I haven't play this one BUT gods I want too!
Play as secret groups of witches fighting to free America from the rule of George III.
You have to play against TWO timers at once!
"Work together to reach your objectives before the moon wanes or tyranny takes hold. Together, you will imbue the Liberty Bell with power, cure Paul Revere of lycanthropy, and more."

Cursed Court:

"Schemes Upon Schemes: The World of Cursed Court
You are a minor noble, seeking to elevate your fortunes.Over three years of four seasons each, you'll throw your lot in with major nobles, hoping their influence will improve your position.Which nobles will you support? The King, the Assassin, the Sorceress, or others? Or will you bluff instead? And will your scheming pay off?"
I don't think I need to say more :)

20211215_132449.jpg