Archive: Sable Vert

luna65

Three varieties of precious sandalwood (Egyptian, Indian, Hawaiian) and invigorating green tea, enhanced with the airy shimmer of Hedione, a jasmine derivative purported to produce a pheromone-like response when added to scent, as well as an elevating boost of Alpha-Androstenol - an attraction and THE mood elevating pheromone, said to create a friendly approachable impression, and can make the wearer seem less intimidating and more approachable. Encourages empathy and romantic feelings, creates an aura of youth and health, an impression of reproductive fitness, increases chattiness and friendliness from both sexes.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
GREEN TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
(HEDIONE) JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Jennifer, Mara & John

Pherotine collection, February 2017

The plane’s shadow could be seen upon miles of deep blue water, then slowly a deep green shape rose upon the horizon.

“Is that it?” the passenger asked.

“Yep, that’s Île de Sable Vert, discovered by traders sometime in the 1700s I believe.”

“Green sand, I don’t know if I can quite believe it.”

“Oh you will.”

The plane landed in the water yards offshore.  The passenger knew he was expected to swim for land and was prepared, all his worldly possessions inside a waterproof rucksack.

“Are there sharks?”

“Nah, this is a friendly kind of place.  Everybody’s happy, everybody is young and beautiful.”

“What’s the catch?”

“Can’t rightly say, I’ve never been there myself.”

The passenger was a 21st Century digital nomad, had traveled the globe several times over looking for those fabled lost places, the places which were truly wild, as so few remained in these invasive times as the world grew smaller.  In his travels he had been told now and again of Île de Sable Vert, a place which seemed too good to be true, a kind of modern-day Shangri-La.  And he had only heard secondhand accounts, as it seemed anyone who had visited had never wanted to leave, and its’ location was just as much of a mystery as its’ very existence.  It had taken him years to find someone who actually knew where it was, claimed to have discovered it during a mapping expedition, and now made a veritable fortune bringing people to the island.

But never coming back to collect them.

The adventurer in him was convinced; how could you not want to see a place with green sand?  It was said to be even more beautiful and rare than the green sand of Papakōlea Beach.  Like a band of emeralds leading into the water.  He could hear the echoes of all the stories -

they say you never grow old there

the women are so beautiful, you’ll fall in love at first sight

there’s always plenty to eat, and fresh water which tastes so sweet

time stands still, it’s still the same as when they first found it

you can kick back and relax, the world can’t reach you there

perfect weather, every day

the sea is refreshing, the breeze is cool, and the sun always shines

- he dove eagerly into the water, making for the island.  The pilot waved and called out in farewell.

“Good luck to you!”

The water was so clear he could see the many fish and multi-colored growths of coral beneath him as he swam.  The waves carried him gently to shore, as if he had been expected. He walked out of the surf and the sight astounded him - it was all so green.  A wall of palm trees, flowering bushes and tall grass set back from the shore, with colorful birds flying from perch-to-perch. Green rock rose above the treeline, marking the interior.  And green sand...he fell to his knees and took a handful, laughing at the sight. Sparkling like jewels upon his palm.

“Green sand,” he whispered.  It was mesmerizing. It felt soft, like the sugary sands of other isles he had visited.

Figures emerged from the treeline, they were slender and lithe, their nearly-bare forms revealed bronze skin and dark hair with a greenish tinge which gleamed in the sunlight as they walked toward him.

“Welcome stranger, to the green cradle of our happiness.” a woman addressed him.  And it was all true, her beauty was truly arresting, he felt himself forget to breathe for a moment.

“Hello,” he stammered.  “I hope I am truly welcome here, as I have desired to find this place for so long.”

“And now that you have found it, you will stay with us.”

He blinked rapidly.  They were all females, staring at him kneeling in the green sand.

“Where are your men?” he asked.

They laughed.  It was an enchanting sound.

“Why should you trouble yourself with such thoughts?  You are here, are you not man enough for us?”

They brought him to his feet, dusting off the sand.  He found he was trembling with some emotion he could not name.

“Is this a dream?” he whispered.

“It is the very best of dreams, stranger.  The island brought you to us, and we will fulfill whatever you desire, whatever you have sought to find.”

He swooned, he could scarcely believe his good fortune.

“And then?”

“And then?” She smiled again, and he was lost in that smile.

“And then, the island gets what it wants.  Always.”

They led him away, as he pondered what that might possibly mean.