Medium 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1760906848_mhaq.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Lynryd-Jym Narciso!

Whether you're into Crystal Scrying, Tarot Reading, Runes, Dream Interpretation, Palmistry, Tea Leaves or Rolling the Bones, this potion should help you focus and channel your natural psychic abilities. Containing ingredients prized for their Divinitory properties, plus those used for centuries to guard against evil and psychic attack. It encourages the opening of the psychic and subconscious mind, and smells absolutely divine! A deep, spiritual, incense-like scent.

Medium is a carefully-concocted clairvoyance potion comprised of fruity dragon’s blood with dark exotic varieties of resins, woods and sweetened with a drop of raspberry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon. High vibration, spiritually opening. 
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
DRAGON'S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.
RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, protection. Stamina, vigor.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

At first this reminds me so much of that old-school cherry incense you could buy at head shops and record stores - I'm sure some of you are too young to remember, but I loved it!  This version does have a really fruity topnote but it's also deeply resinous, and that's what comes to the fore fairly quickly.  It does have a somewhat sweeter cast to it but not enough that if you really want the deep resins it's going to turn you off of it, IMO.  

Ooh!  *note to self- get Medium*

• 4 weeks later...

HI, anyone else care to weigh in on this one? I LOVE Dragon's Blood, and am super curious about this. There is still some older "Carnival" Medium left too...which one do I want? How do they differ? I currently have entirely too many samples and full bottles in my order that I'm placing either today or tomorrow, but don't we all? ;) I'm worth it! Which one do YOU ladies prefer?

I believe it's quite different from the previous version; I think the main difference with this version is that it is somewhat sweeter.

@LexiJo I don't have a preference, and I don't have a terribly good nose, but just like the "travel shock" question, Luna mentioned how they do change and morph a bit with age. When I have a choice, I prefer the older variants. There are a few that come immediately to mind, Papal Purple, Ebilish, OCCO Ambrosia & PCMP, that I have older variants of that I love. I haven't bought the latest variants of those, other than the trials, but I know I will eventually. I'm not good at waiting, so I also try them too soon, or at least I used to. Sometimes I buy FB's of perfumes and allow them to mature because I know they're going to get better and better. I won't let myself use my Z-Day for that reason. And, of course, Mara makes the variants all slightly different, so do study the notes. (The PCMP I like best has some praline, for example.) I've noticed that @luna65, @halo0073 and @Bella15 are good at describing differences in variations. (No offense to anyone who didn't pop into my mind....)

• 4 months later...

This one is a little lighter than the Medium from "way back when" (2006/2007-ish, I think).  That one was thick and rich (a little dab would do you),  while this one is rich and resinous without being too heavy.  And there is that little touch of sweetness.  Knowing I would love it, I boosted mine with Blatant Invitation and cops, and it carries the phero load quite well.  This is truly a unisex scent, and perfect for those of us who tend to slide toward the darker side.  :biker-babe:

On 8/12/2019 at 11:29 AM, Dolly said:

This one is a little lighter than the Medium from "way back when" (2006/2007-ish, I think).  That one was thick and rich (a little dab would do you),  while this one is rich and resinous without being too heavy.  And there is that little touch of sweetness.  Knowing I would love it, I boosted mine with Blatant Invitation and cops, and it carries the phero load quite well.  This is truly a unisex scent, and perfect for those of us who tend to slide toward the darker side.  :biker-babe:

This is one I definitely associate with you. And Liz too. It’s sooooo good to see you posting reviews. Keep sticking around. It makes me so happy to see you here even though I can talk to you elsewhere anytime and do, I know how much forum members get from your posts and there is nobody on earth who can replace your particular voice. And boobs. Lol. Sorry could not resist 

5 hours ago, halo0073 said:

This is one I definitely associate with you. And Liz too. It’s sooooo good to see you posting reviews. Keep sticking around. It makes me so happy to see you here even though I can talk to you elsewhere anytime and do, I know how much forum members get from your posts and there is nobody on earth who can replace your particular voice. And boobs. Lol. Sorry could not resist 

LOLOL......made me spit my icewater!