White Licorice 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1761646156_s5kh.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Lynryd-Jym Narciso!

Our black-and-white classic combination of notes of black licorice root and anise blended with two kinds of vanilla (imagine the yummiest frosted birthday cake ever), further sweetened by brown sugar caramel custard and pink sugar, deepened by a rich base of rare Tunisian amber.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
LICORICE ROOT ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.
ANISE ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation. Wedding rituals.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

This is, of course, another genius idea which has had various permutations over the years but this release is based on the original 2010 version from the Favorite PEs collection, so that's what I'm comparing it to.

I think because it's newly-brewed that is why I'm getting the licorice/anise right in the middle, and they are surrounded by the sweet notes but it's mainly an impression of sugary licorice.  Whereas the original in its' aged state has more of a complex layering of the spiciness of the licorice/anise with the sweetness of the other notes.  Like, the brown sugar in the original makes for a really interesting accent up against the licorice.  I will say though that if you are a licorice fan you need to get this because it's totally yummy and I really like it myself.  And you could layer it with something else to get a more creamy impression if that's what you wanted - if you're not getting that part of it, I mean.  I'm thinking this would be good to layer with something like OCCO White or Lick of Cream.

I only had a sample of the original White Licorice long ago, so I can’t compare them... but this is gorgeous! 

Looking at the notes, I would think maybe this wouldn’t work on me, as brown sugar often does a weird caramel-y thing on my skin. But I can’t even really detect it in here. I get loads of creaminess, it smells like licorice wrapped in fluffy sweet vanilla cream. Full bottle for sure! 

16 minutes ago, Bella15 said:

I only had a sample of the original White Licorice long ago, so I can’t compare them... but this is gorgeous! 

Looking at the notes, I would think maybe this wouldn’t work on me, as brown sugar often does a weird caramel-y thing on my skin. But I can’t even really detect it in here. I get loads of creaminess, it smells like licorice wrapped in fluffy sweet vanilla cream. Full bottle for sure! 

That sounds sooooo good ! I ordered a trial of it that should have been in today, but USPS keeps changing my delivery date. Licorice is not my thing usually, but I was so intrigued by the notes, & it sounds even better than I thought 

8 hours ago, StrawberryKitten said:

That sounds sooooo good ! I ordered a trial of it that should have been in today, but USPS keeps changing my delivery date. Licorice is not my thing usually, but I was so intrigued by the notes, & it sounds even better than I thought 

USPS has been really weird lately - I couldn’t even access tracking yesterday. 

I hope one you love this one! I love licorice, but I never knew I liked it in perfume until I tried LP, lol. Now I have several bottles of licorice perfumes! 

2 minutes ago, Bella15 said:

I hope one you love this one! I love licorice, but I never knew I liked it in perfume until I tried LP, lol. Now I have several bottles of licorice perfumes! 

USPS has definitely been messed up lately. Last time I placed an order, it got to my state, then was lost in transit somewhere for another week when the box was physically only a 2 hour drive from my house. Just when I was about to call, it arrived without any updates or notice. Hoping everything arrives more quickly this time!

I did notice that the tracking is off most of the time, & it’s just being really weird in general....normally, it would have been here Saturday morning, going by past orders, now I don’t know what’s going on. Figured that they would pull this with my LPMP, like I could wait on my necklace I ordered from Etsy, but damn, not my Pherotines !

That’s just cold, USPS ! 

24 minutes ago, Bella15 said:

I know what you mean, LPMP has me loving notes that I thought I hated, lol...musk, patchouli, etc. Never thought that I would enjoy wearing those...

1 hour ago, StrawberryKitten said:

I did notice that the tracking is off most of the time, & it’s just being really weird in general....normally, it would have been here Saturday morning, going by past orders, now I don’t know what’s going on. Figured that they would pull this with my LPMP, like I could wait on my necklace I ordered from Etsy, but damn, not my Pherotines !

That’s just cold, USPS ! 

Hahaha, right! The necklace can wait, not the LPs.

This is soooo yummy ! I put a bit on the other day, to test. At first, the licorice note is very dominant on my skin, but after a bit, it mellows & becomes very vanilla - forward, with a bit of the licorice in the background.

To me, the vanillas in this are the star of the show. Like I said before, the main thing that I love about LPMP are the vanillas....and this is no exception. This is luscious, sweet, creamy vanilla & I am here for it ! 

I slathered myself in this just a bit ago, with some OCCO White, which I think is the perfect companion for White Licorice, because I find the vanillas very much alike in these two scents.

I would like to order a fb of this, if I can get to it in time, since my next FB priority will probably be Drive By Fruiting, lol. But this is luscious 🥰

Edited by StrawberryKitten

I’m wearing this today and I quite like it. The first 45 minutes the licorice is definitely the star of the show. Thankfully the sugar does not amp on me as it can. Sugars can flat out destroy a perfume for me. This is mainly licorice and a soft creamy vanilla. After long dry down I can smell the amber grounding and deepening it. It’s my favorite type of amber, the kind that melds right into your skin. It’s not too strong here, just enough to ground and deepen. Even if licorice scares you I’d say give it a try. Mara is a genius with licorice and her creamy licorice concoctions can’t be beat. Licorice Wands and Blanc et Noir are my top two favorites but this is pretty close.

This is soooo good!

This could possibly make me crave sweets. White Licorice is what I hoped Honey Whip would be, but that was more of a light summer honey yogurt parfait on me. I really like this one. Here's the problem- I looove Licorice and my man hates it. He's really sweet, he got me two kinds of caramel licorices for Valentine's Day, but I couldn't pay him to eat one. If I were mad at him, the meanest thing I could do would be to eat Good & Plenty's. This isn't a sugary candy kind of smell though, it has a soft and powdery oakmoss feel (not scent), with a deep licorice/anice almost-spicy undertone, all rolled up into a vanilla paste. I keep comparing it to my licorice caramels in my mind. For scent/taste comparison, if you've had the Tara's brand, this isn't buttery like those, and not as sugary sweet as Goetze's licorice caramel creams with the white centers. There was this soft licorice "fudge" that I used to get mailed to me from Sweden, 2kg at a time! This is more like that. Dammit I'm making myself hungry. 

• 2 years later...

Going with my gut on notes alone, I knew I would love this one! Anything vanilla oriented is a favorite like Ebilish. The licorice note scared me away from buying it in the first place but this is just straight up frosted cake vanilla with a hint of licorice.