Tangy Ylang 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1761486428_qtql.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Lynryd-Jym Narciso!

One of our originally beautiful fruity florals: the sparkle of pink and ruby red grapefruit made shimmering with pink sugar and sugar cane meets sensuous creamy ylang ylang EO upon a smooth powdery base of white amber and musk dusted with powdered sugar and layered with subtle hints of pale amber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of “sparkle” to the wearer.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibly, soothes marital problems. Aphrodisiac, mood balancing, relaxation.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

Ohhhh, this takes me back! I loved Tangy Ylang so much! 😍

This is very much like Cougar at first, so if you love Cougar, definitely try this! Tangy Ylang is sweeter, though. The tang of the grapefruit is there, but not the tartness. It’s a beautiful fruity floral, with more emphasis on sweet fruit, with just a bit of creamy floral to smooth it out. The grapefruit does fade a bit after drydown, leaving enough to huff at skin level. The creamy sweetness still wafts around, though.. yum!

I have to let my sample sit a little while longer because something went to plastic on my skin & then my skin ate it, but I can faintly smell something lovely. I think it may be the pink sugar, it can go to a note on my skin that reminds me of scented Strawberry Shortcake dolls from the late 80s.

I compared this to the 2010 version and I think the main difference is the musk isn't as weighty in the new version, but it's still that lovely blending of elements - the grapefruit is perhaps a little less tangy but still bright and sunny and complemented by the pink sugar accord, the ylang a creamy whisper threaded throughout.  It's wonderful and if you enjoy the fruity florals and/or scented Cougar you must give this a try!

Ok, so this version keeps throwing up a plastic note on me; like the 80s scented Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Why, just why skin!? So I dug into my collection & actually rediscovered my Magnet boosted 2010 version. there is 0% Strawberry Shortcake doll in the 2010 version!?!? I think it's the cops in my boosted 2010 version. The A-nol in Magnet is giving me a buzz, so I think I will get TY 2019 w/ a simple cops boost. Adding cops to TY just gives it a nice sexy depth :perfume:

Edited by Beccah

Liz and I split a Cougar-boosted bottle of the original Tangy Ylang PE and it was faboo!  Maybe there's just something about this scent which really lends itself to pheromone enhancement in general.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 6:31 PM, Beccah said:

Ok, so this version keeps throwing up a plastic note on me; like the 80s scented Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Why, just why skin!? So I dug into my collection & actually rediscovered my Magnet boosted 2010 version. there is 0% Strawberry Shortcake doll in the 2010 version!?!? I think it's the cops in my boosted 2010 version. The A-nol in Magnet is giving me a buzz, so I think I will get TY 2019 w/ a simple cops boost. Adding cops to TY just gives it a nice sexy depth :perfume:

I am wearing this today, and also ordered a cops-boosted bottle. The scent is beautiful, and a great cover for the cops. They are undetectable. I love the sweet floral smell, and the sparkly grapefruit.  ❤

• 3 months later...

I am on the fence about this.  I absolutely love this dried down after a few hours.  I mean, top 5 love.  And the grapefruit blast at the top and start is great, refreshing, sharp and quickly blends.  So scent wise, incredible.  My big problem with this and with many scents lately is zero throw after 15 minutes.  I can still smell my lotion an hour after I apply in a bit of a waft but this, you have to get right up to my application points after about 30 minutes.  I can smell up to about 4 inches up from application points. Not much difference in the spray I made although I do have more coverage.  It’s not because it is an indie perfume.  I do fine with the other indie perfumes.  I think I need a stronger concentration.;  Any ideas, folks?

9 hours ago, johnsonlisa90012 said:

I am on the fence about this.  I absolutely love this dried down after a few hours.  I mean, top 5 love.  And the grapefruit blast at the top and start is great, refreshing, sharp and quickly blends.  So scent wise, incredible.  My big problem with this and with many scents lately is zero throw after 15 minutes.  I can still smell my lotion an hour after I apply in a bit of a waft but this, you have to get right up to my application points after about 30 minutes.  I can smell up to about 4 inches up from application points. Not much difference in the spray I made although I do have more coverage.  It’s not because it is an indie perfume.  I do fine with the other indie perfumes.  I think I need a stronger concentration.;  Any ideas, folks?

Are you sure you are not going scent blind? It happens without even knowing it.

I have been going long stretches, fragrance free, related to health issues. 

I can tell you that when I put on fragrance now, I instinctively use far less than I did. I did not even realise it at first.

I get more off subtle fragrances than I did before. Some last noticeably longer etc. I'm using far less over all with all scents. I also get over powered with too much scent. 

Overall, I feel like its given me a new appreciation for perfume.

Maybe take a week off to reset your nose. Just to make sure. 

• 1 year later...

I wish I liked this. It goes straight to my sinuses and stabs them then dies down to nothing. I know citrus (usually orange) can be a real problem for me but now I'm wondering about Ylang Ylang which I've never really encountered before. 

On 9/2/2020 at 1:58 PM, kittylittle said:

I wish I liked this. It goes straight to my sinuses and stabs them then dies down to nothing. I know citrus (usually orange) can be a real problem for me but now I'm wondering about Ylang Ylang which I've never really encountered before. 

Ylang has that quality, like sandalwood does as well. I try to use the most mellow and least stabby versions of them but if you are hyper sensitive to them you can still get that reaction. Trade it.

Thank you. I will trade it and a few other things once I have some credibility on the forum. 

I'm still figuring out what works. Many things seem to vaporize on me but your scents seem to mostly stick around really well and I'm learning about what notes work. 

Thanks again. 

• 1 year later...

I’m wearing this today and it’s gorgeous! 
I like it better than Cougar potion because there’s more depth to it. The ylang ylang is really sexy in this. 
it’s definitely a feminine feel good, feeling myself sexy perfume.

I’m kicking myself that I didn’t choose to get sprays during the sale but this is beautiful!

• 9 months later...

Just realized I never reviewed this, and might as well do it now since it's in the sale!

This is a bright, lovely fruity floral. It's not as sour as the name might suggest, more of a sweet juicy grapefruit sprinkled with sugar and melded with with a lightly creamy ylang.  I can't imagine anyone not liking this - it's just so bright and happy. 

Unfortunately, my skin eats fruity scents like no tomorrow. But if your skin gets along with fruity florals, this is a must. 

• 10 months later...