Moonage Daydream w/ Balm Bomb

il_fullxfull.1810068737_5dry.jpg

All the hip spacemen across the galaxy are raving about our sophisticated yet soothing scent...it will send you into orbit, the star of your very own fantasy set in the furthest reaches of relaxation! Reminiscent of a luxe shaving soap, with a herbaceous heart of eucalyptus, basil EO and gingergrass, satiny notes of bourbon sandalwood and non-foody vanilla plus a fresh sprig of spearmint. And to ensure you will chillax to the max we’ve included a dose of our exclusive BALM BOMB pheromone formula. Feeling crabby? Feeling Blue? Need a quick mood reversal? This one's for you! Pheros for calming and soothing, lessening of anxiety, mood elevation, and for making people act a little nicer around the wearer...for their own good. ;)

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
EUCALYPTUS ~ Healing.
SPEARMINT ~ Stimulates, energizes and uplifts. Love, purification, healing, psychism, creativity. 
BASIL ~ Creates empathy between couples; love, fidelity. Invigorates, protection. Mends quarrels.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

-----------------------------

ABOUT THE ARTIST - Lynryd-Jym Narciso 
Lynyrd-Jym Narciso is a Filipino artist who has been creating tarot-related art since 2005. He has been published by major publishers, independent ones, and he also self-publishes his creations. He is drawn to the differences between art styles - what he calls "art taxonomy", which is reflected in the variety of visual styles of his creations. He publishes most of his card-related works under his studio/vanity press Paraluman. You can visit him at: https://paralumanstudio.blogspot.com

• luna65 unlocked this topic

I think I do get the "luxe shaving soap" impression from this one, because there is a vanilla-sandalwood thing with a bit of a herbal undertone, I would say.  But I find it relaxing, certainly.  I think it's perfect for guys, it has a manly feel to it, but also just a calm soothing kind of association.  But a different thing from Peace & Calm, because I think this is more wearable overall, whereas P&C gave me a definite sleep scent vibe.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't get to smell this on my man until a few hours in, I thought it smelled warm and sexy. All I could specifically note was the sandalwood. I'm not a eucalyptus fan, and I do love he smell of fresh spearmint, not so much in scents. Neither of those stood out for me. He said, "it smells like shaving cream." I didn't get that and I  find it half amusing/half irritating that his interpretations are often so close to the actual notes/intention. 

Regarding the BB, I found it cuddly, as usual. I'd have to smell this one from beginning to end, but I think it's a great place to keep one's Balm Bomb! @Snoopyace and @quietguy, have either of you tried it yet?

I haven’t but it’s on my list now!

• 3 weeks later...

Mr Perfect has been sneaky about trying things, so I haven’t smelled this on him yet, although I know he’s tried it. I tried it myself this morning, and I definitely get the shaving cream/soap vibe. A light herbal scent, along with the sandalwood and vanilla.. it reminds me a tiny bit of Gargoyle Gargle, just that clean herbal impression. I do feel like it leans masculine, but I could see myself wearing it on occasion too. 

What's with men and sneaking Balm Bomb? I'm not implying Mr Perfect thinks you need it, @Bella15, but my man sure does go through it quickly! And he's always saying "smell me," and telling me what he has on, but not with the BB!

5 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

What's with men and sneaking Balm Bomb? I'm not implying Mr Perfect thinks you need it, @Bella15, but my man sure does go through it quickly! And he's always saying "smell me," and telling me what he has on, but not with the BB!

hahaha that's probably true though... at first, Mr Perfect would be like, "smell this", and now he just puts it on and goes about his day, like it's no big deal! 

• 2 months later...

I don't wanna like this! It has spearmint and eucalyptus--yuck! How is that relaxing? But I wore it last night and...it's just so comforting. SOOO comforting! I'm still not sure about the scent itself, like if I'd wear it out for the day (probably not since Balm Bomb puts me straight to sleep!), but I do have to admit this makes a mighty fine bedtime scent. I can kind of get the "high end shaving soap" thing if I close my eyes and squint. This...how to describe it...it both does and doesn't smell masculine to me. It's like, I recognize the scent as being sort of masculine-ish. It's definitely not feminine. I guess you could say I'd consider it unisex, but not in the way I normally think of unisex. Basically it smells like a mood, and that mood is comforting. If a man was wearing this, I'd probably be more likely to trust him.

• 3 years later...

I grabbed my trial of Moonage Daydream, just for the name today, I forgot it had Balm Bomb in it. A bass player that I love and respect, Robin Sylvester, died about a month ago. The band I saw on Halloween dedicated Major Tom to him. He’s especially on my mind tonight as tomorrow I’m going to see a band that he is normally in. He was the perfect English gentleman, this scent and the BB would’ve suited him.