NOX: Nyx w/Teddy BB

il_fullxfull.1761953978_hzql.jpg

A fan favorite since its debut in 2007, our tribute to those who dwell on the nightside of life... Named for the Goddess of Night, Nox, aka Nyx, is one of the oldest deities and an element of creation myths worldwide. She bestows balance to all things...no light without darkness, no day without night, no saints without sinners...enjoy the mysteries of Her realm, the calming delight of the deep dark night.

This variant of our classic NOX fragrance features numerous types of aged amber resin as well as vintage Indian and Tunisian Patchouli, with a lusciously ripe blend of six varieties of fig and a layer of tranquil and harmonious vetiver. We’ve enhanced this dark beauty with our exclusive TEDDY POTION BB pheromone formula, a blend beloved for it's powers to quell anxiety, relax and de-stress.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

-----------------------------

ABOUT THE ARTIST - Lynryd-Jym Narciso 
Lynyrd-Jym Narciso is a Filipino artist who has been creating tarot-related art since 2005. He has been published by major publishers, independent ones, and he also self-publishes his creations. He is drawn to the differences between art styles - what he calls "art taxonomy", which is reflected in the variety of visual styles of his creations. He publishes most of his card-related works under his studio/vanity press Paraluman. You can visit him at: https://paralumanstudio.blogspot.com

• luna65 unlocked this topic

:A002:

I'm going to have to try this again in, like, maybe a couple weeks or a month.  Right now, the combination of the fig and the vetiver are not good on my skin.  In the vial this smells amazing, though.  It's that type of fig and resin blending which I do really like (i.e. my beloved Sugared Magi).  So I am big-time pouty face right now - stupid skin, ugh!

• 3 weeks later...

I fell asleep in this real quick last night, I mean real quick after applying, after laying restlessly awake for a few hours. My man said I smelled good. With Teddy BB in it, I was expecting a camomile / herbal experience, so I also thought I smelled much better than that, and fell asleep with no other thought about WHAT I was smelling. I just found it on the floor next to my bed and got some on my fingers, but I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. 

My man asked me if he had any new scents with Teddy BB, I asked why, he said he's almost out. Since we call Teddy Man "(bitchy wife's name) Please Don't Kill (beaten husband's name,)" I'm not so sure I'm glad he's plowing through another bottle. I swear I'm not that scary. But maybe I need to investigate this one a little further....

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.. I put this on without looking at the notes, but I knew it had Teddy BB in it. While out running errands, I kept sniffing it. I thought it smelled herbal, so I was going to guess chamomile or some light green type of herb. Maybe it’s the fig? Or the vetiver? Whatever it is, I like it. 

I thought this sounded interesting for my bride!  I might have to get a sample for her to try.  She’s liking the phero blend in the original NOX so maybe she’ll dig this.  She said the Teddy Man scent was too ‘earthy’ for her (whatever that means.)  I liked it.

• 2 months later...

Hey @Snoopyace and @quietguy, and any other of you lovely gentlemen out there, have either of you worn this yourselves? I'm considering it for myself, but my man does seem to go through an unfortunate amount of Teddy Man and it feels almost "peppery on me." My sniffer might be off a bit this week though.

@luna65, have you revisited?

23 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Hey @Snoopyace and @quietguy, and any other of you lovely gentlemen out there, have either of you worn this yourselves? I'm considering it for myself, but my man does seem to go through an unfortunate amount of Teddy Man and it feels almost "peppery on me." My sniffer might be off a bit this week though.

@luna65, have you revisited?

Sorry to say that I haven't had the chance to get this one to try out yet.  Wish I could help!

On 5/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, Eastwood22 said:

No I have not. 

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I really wasn't sure about this one. Not even the first few times I wore it, scentwise, but knew my man would benefit. I AM SO GLAD I WENT FB ON NOX!!! Seriously. I feel like it took longer to settle than the average road weary scent, travel shock-wise. But it is so good. I'm wearing it today, it's sexy and steady and calming and wise. Not masculine or feminine, "the calming delight of the deep dark night," like it says in it's description. Maybe feminine like the power of the ocean, but like Durga, not to be fucked with. You can be the ultimate mother of all (not like you know who, please and thank you) protecting all, and you could kill all, but wouldn't harm the innocent. 

Edited by Eastwood22

@Eastwood22, I DON'T know who! Who? Now I'm curious, lol. 

I love the scent of the fig in this one, it reminds me of Figgy Fairy Cake. But....what is that occasional whiff of "maybe-cat-pee?" Is that the patchouli?

Overall I like this one, but I don't think I'd get a full bottle just because of that "cat pee" aspect. It's a shame, though. I want a do-over without patch. Can I please has the thing?

PS--Is the Teddy BB Potion the reason I've felt sleepy all day? Or is that just because I didn't get enough sleep? lol

@Lainey I can't tell, sorry! No spoilers!

I don't get any kind of cat pee, but I did over apply the Nox today and it did have more of a masculine vibe. Or rather, it smaller more like a man, definitely the patch. I love it though, I just can't be so liberal with the application.

I don't know if it made you sleepy but definitely helps settle me down.

• 1 year later...

This isn't a scent I ever would have bought based just on the description, but I got a sniffee of it in one of my past orders.

Between this and LP: Samhain I've discovered I love dark fig scents.  This is so cool and dark with just a little bit of sweetness.  It's a great sleep scent.

21 hours ago, bliss3 said:

This isn't a scent I ever would have bought based just on the description, but I got a sniffee of it in one of my past orders.

Between this and LP: Samhain I've discovered I love dark fig scents.  This is so cool and dark with just a little bit of sweetness.  It's a great sleep scent.

When I ordered a FB of this NOX, it was mainly for another Teddy BB. I used to get the BF Teddy Man 2, but he would mysteriously run out, despite never mentioning wearing it! Surely he didn't need it to calm me down.  :ange:Perhaps he was drinking it?

I did fall in love with the scent, though. I have worn it to bed often. I have included Toujour Belle and Sugared Fig in my super happy party time sales order. I'm looking forward to the Fig, I don't know what kind of fig to expect. And the Samhain variant had been on my radar many times, I just could never commit to which one of us I'd be buying it for! 

2 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

When I ordered a FB of this NOX, it was mainly for another Teddy BB. I used to get the BF Teddy Man 2, but he would mysteriously run out, despite never mentioning wearing it! Surely he didn't need it to calm me down.

I think you know the answer to that. :wink2:

On 8/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, Eastwood22 said:

And the Samhain variant had been on my radar many times, I just could never commit to which one of us I'd be buying it for! 

Clearly you buy one for each of you, lol.

I should also add to my review that my cat loves this one. As soon as I put it on, she's stuck to me like glue, purring and licking me, and headbutting me.

3 hours ago, bliss3 said:

Clearly you buy one for each of you, lol.

I should also add to my review that my cat loves this one. As soon as I put it on, she's stuck to me like glue, purring and licking me, and headbutting me.

I had the most insane love session with my neighbors cat today! It came into my yoga studio and was the star of my zoom class today. He was very persistent! So persistent, I even looked up ingredients to the Van Van oil I had on, thinking it must’ve had catnip!

• 1 year later...

This is such a good sleep scent!  It's not something I would normally wear (I usually like the super feminine scents), but it's PERFECT for sleep. It feels like dark and resinous, like a cool autumn night. On my skin, the fig isn't sweet so much as fresh. Back to the cool autumn night - you know when the air is just nippy enough to be refreshing, but not so cold that you need to put on a coat? It feels like that.