Divine Magick w/ Blatant Invitation

il_fullxfull.1761929726_spg3.jpg

Lovers have consulted the tome of philosophical wisdom known as the Kamasutra for centuries to learn of the ways in which the pleasures of the sensual world may be applied to one’s life in various situations. Love and desire are the supreme expressions of human connection and as all journey to the realization of the higher self we can find much to absorb in these instructions. We’ve crafted an ode to this sacred text...the eternal allure of Woman is a divine magick all its’ own and we invite you to enter the feminine mystery with another of our interpretations of the ancient artform of majmua - an intensely fragrant blend of wood, floral, resinous and musky notes which together create an exquisitely exotic perfume.

Allow those you desire to become enthralled by this incensual fusion of Indian majmua, Egyptian musk, oud attar and an Arabian wood blend, deep resinous aspects of amber EO and patchouli adorning a base of rich smooth sandalwood. This is a perfect partner for our exclusive BLATANT ATTRACTION pheromone formula: sexually assertive, but cuddly too - it whispers "yes" and gives off a vibe of uninhibited sexuality but is eminently approachable at the same time.

This scent needs to be tried on the skin. Majmua tends to smell slightly vinegar-ish in the bottle, but after a few minutes on the skin, morphs into a heady sensuous dream. 

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

-----------------------------

ABOUT THE ARTIST - Lynryd-Jym Narciso 
Lynyrd-Jym Narciso is a Filipino artist who has been creating tarot-related art since 2005. He has been published by major publishers, independent ones, and he also self-publishes his creations. He is drawn to the differences between art styles - what he calls "art taxonomy", which is reflected in the variety of visual styles of his creations. He publishes most of his card-related works under his studio/vanity press Paraluman. You can visit him at: https://paralumanstudio.blogspot.com

• luna65 unlocked this topic

This is a really traditional take on majmua, I think.  It's very thick and rich and smoky and heady in that characteristic way, closer to, say, Raven's Secret Weapon than Majmua Sultana or Caramel Sutra.  As it melds with the skin and blooms then more of what I like to call the "tapestry" effect of majmua takes hold, and there's hints of champaca and maybe kadam among the resins and woods.  It's quite beautiful but incredibly robust so you have to be prepared for that vibe in order to fully enjoy it.

So of course this more than stands up to something like BI and even if you wanted to add additional cops to it you'd be just fine in crafting yourself A Weapon of Mass Seduction, heh.

I haven't tried a scent like this prior to Divine Magick. Upon first applying it, my initial reaction was that it was revolting, and I almost washed it off, but since I'm trialing the NRs pre-shower this morning, I was too lazy to do so. Fast forward about an hour later, and it has transformed into a deep, woody, smoky scent that is quite intriguing. I'm not sure if it is a "me" scent, but it there is something that keeps on drawing me back to smell it. 

11 minutes ago, luna65 said:

Like Mara said - you really have to let it bloom on your skin first, given how complex a scent it is.  Don't go by first sniff! :)

Definitely true! I didn't look at the scent description prior to testing it this morning, so I didn't realize that it could smell "vinegar-ish" in the bottle (saw that afterward because in the beginning it was the most horrible smell I had ever purposely placed on my skin and went online to check what was going on).  I know that Mara is a genius with developing perfumes, so I knew that there had to be an explanation.  I am going to test it again later tonight or tomorrow to see if I like it enough to get a FB. I am trying to expand my tastes a bit since I mostly choose foodie / sweet scents.

Edited by Kayla

One of my favorite LP scents is Sugared Majmua, so I was super excited to try this. I must say that I missed the possibly horrid beginning, or maybe I liked it, LOL. I will reapply later to find out. On my skin, this is a snuggly enveloping scent, lots of woody incense and amber. It’s not overpowering, but it covers the BI completely. I would wear this everywhere if it wasn’t for the phero. It’s very “me”. 

• 2 months later...

I just ordered a couple of bottles of this unsniffed.......have had my head buried for awhile, and treating myself to some post-tax-season goodies.  I LOVED Raven's Secret Weapon, and since the new man LOVES BI, this was really a no-brainer.  Will let you know how well I like it after I get it!

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Raven's Secret Weapon, and this one is pretty close on me.  I am with Bella.....I didn't find anything horrifying about it when wet, and it is absolutely GORGEOUS when dry.  I probably will add more cops......because that's how I roll.....LOL

Very glad I bought a couple of bottles unsniffed.....although my mother is rolling her eyes when she sees more perfume come into the house......LOLOL......I DO have about 150 bottles at last count, I think.  My boxes of perfumes are currently stored under her bed.....LOL.  She thinks I need a 12-step-program. :go:

Edited by Dolly