Phantom of the Trailer Park

scourger

Prominent Notes: Lilac, Magnolia, Geranium, Mesquite, Cherry, Linen and Booze.

Fragrance and description by Danna Taylor

Phantom of the Trailer Park is a fragrance like no other! A floral gourmand perfume, with notes of lilac, magnolia, geranium, mesquite smoke, cherry pie, fresh linen and Spumante. A special treat for lilac lovers!

In the bottle: A dirty blend of smoke, flowers and a tang of cherry. It's the smell of a bar at the end of the night, when the lights suddenly turn on, and all of a sudden you remember that you hate the smell of cigarettes, and all the cheap floral perfume turns from heady and sexy to headachy and slightly stale.

On, wet: The cherry pops through, and it is the hard, shiny cherry of the brightest red candy. Underneath is a whisp of smoke, which still smells more like cigarettes than mesquite to me, but now it is melded with what must be the linen, because it smells more like the smoke caught in the upholstry of a trailer than the remains in the bottom of an ashtray.

Drydown: The cherry settles down, and the florals come through. These are not standard florals though, the shimmer of the desert comes through, and these are the florals from that one trailer down the way, where your neighbor desperately tries to pretend that (s)he lives in a real house, and carves a sad, sickly little garden out of the flat dust of the park.

This perfume reminds me so much of the movie Dreamland, it's scary. (Not the horror movie by the same name, but the teen angst movie set in a New Mexico trailer park.) From the dry, desert feel of the scent, to the hard candies that the girls bond over, to that one neighbor who tends a garden, desperately fighting against the desert air, and the cigarettes that everyone smokes, I suddenly knew what the whole movie smelled like.

This scent didn't last long on my skin, (two or three hours,) but the way it morphs, it creates the most beautiful, poignant story of scent. This one is for wearing out to the club on a night where you just want to drink cheap beer, and dance dirty with men(/women) in tight denim.

• 3 months later...

"Phantom of the Trailer Park is a fragrance like no other! A floral gourmand perfume, with notes of lilac, magnolia, geranium, mesquite smoke, cherry pie, fresh linen and Spumante. A special treat for lilac lovers!"

It was tought pulling the notes out of Phantom. I had to look at the desription and go "Geranium? check. Cherry pie? check" It's complex and a fast morpher, too. Here goes it...

Wet: Geranium, cherry pie and white grapes

Drydown: First, Lilac and spent dryer sheet.

Then, mesquite smoke wafts in and out unassumingly.

Finally, Magnoila, white grapes and cherry pie.

I wanted a cherry pie scent and here it is. 'Trailer Park' sounds unfairly white trashy for the scent because it rounds out so delicately, like wildflowers around a truckstop diner on a spring evening. Altogether very mysterious and sniffable.

p.s. Good call on Dreamland. Loved that flick.

Edited by salomewilde

• 3 weeks later...

It is a fast morpher, huh? This is very unusual, too. Out of the florals present, I noticed the magnolias sticking around the longest, probably because I have two magnolia trees in front of my house, and can easily identify that scent. The mesquite kind of comes and goes. Interesting. And, nicely done, as are all the perfumes here. I think I would wear this again.....if for no other reason than to have people sniffing me and trying to detrmine what it is....

I loved this scent but it just didn't work with my body chemistry. In the vial it smelled boozy with a hint of smoke (mesquite) and had some fruit notes.

On myself the cherry (not super sugary more light and less foody) stood out and so did the booze notes but the mesquite smell totally took over. So bad that I couldn't wash the smell off in 3 washings (it faded in a day or so).

This does smell great on my friend and I gave it to her.

It really does smell good on me :) It Smells more like a dirty Vanilla~ With smoke and lilac. It lasts a good long time on my skin. I'm not usually one for sweet scents with fruit or anything too flowery but this blend really works. I never would have thought it would from the notes listed either!

• 3 weeks later...
LOL! It smells like that on me too, but it smells awesome on Danna! She wears it all the time!

Don't you love the way a scent can smell completely different on two different people, due to body chemistry?

• 2 weeks later...
Haha, skin chemistry can be so weird. But it's great when scents change on your skin because it makes the scent completely your own.

Oh I agree.....it CAN be great......but, it can also be horrifying, especially when it comes to what my skin sometimes does..... :blink:

Oh my skin too. It really doesn't like a lot of things, so something that smells absolutely gorgeous in the vial will smell....hideous on my skin to say the least. I'm pretty limited in the notes that work on my skin. ( No dragons blood for me...*sigh*)

I do ok with Dragon's Blood, but numerous florals give me issues.....and I don't know which ones and in which ratios cause the biggest problem.....I just have to try them and see......

• 3 months later...

The concept for this cracked me up (I love whimsical ideas) though I would have said it wasn't my thing, but I received a small sample in one of my orders, so here we go, whoo doggies! :arf:

In the vial I get the cherry pie and the spumante, there's a sweet playful kind of quality to it. In the wet stage I can smell the mesquite smoke and the florals, I'm not adverse to a smoky floral...but on drydown it's mostly lilac on me, with a hint of the geranium. Not really for me, but I'm thinking my mom might like it, she loves florals.

Edited by luna65

The concept for this cracked me up (I love whimsical ideas) though I would have said it wasn't my thing, but I received a small sample in one of my orders, so here we go, whoo doggies! :arf:

In the vial I get the cherry pie and the spumante, there's a sweet playful kind of quality to it. In the wet stage I can smell the mesquite smoke and the florals, I'm not adverse to a smoky floral...but on drydown it's mostly lilac on me, with a hint of the geranium. Not really for me, but I'm thinking my mom might like it, she loves florals.

A perfect description. In the vial this one reminds me of going into a smoky bingo club, wear the air is stale from smoke and cheap perfume. (To be honest the smell in the vial made my stomach turn, especially cuz id smell a hint of yummy cherry and id want more so id smell deeper :unsure: )

I definetly got the smoke and florals in the wet stage and then in the drydown the geranium was promenant on me with a hint of lilac. Once dry i smell all floral, a slight sweetness in the background. There is a soapy scent to this one. This definetly not a scent I can see myself wearing, but with good skin chemistry this one would definetly be another persons "A" scent. I actually could see one of my aunts weraring this one. I havent been wearing it lng but the scent is fading fast on my skin.

Yeah, oddly enough I get a hairspray type of thing once it's fading, which is exactly what Elementary did on me too. I'm thinking it has something to do with the alcoholic notes (but luckily I don't get that from Tea and Strumpets).

This is the fragrance that prompted me to order from LP the first time - I figured any scent with the moxie to carry that title has to be tried...and I love Phantom of the Trailer Park.

At first it is a whiff of smoke (probably standing too close to the BBQ during the squirrel fry...) and the smell of stale booze, but then the florals start to come forth. It lasts all day on me as a sort of "dirty" floral - a floral with a slight hangover who hasn't bothered to shower from last night's escapades. A definite story-scent.

• 1 month later...

I got a small sample of this. At first it is very complex smelling cough syrup, but immediately that smell completely disappears and I'm left with a soft, smokey floral with linen undertones and a hint of cherry. I feel like I can also detect some geranium, but lilac is the most prominent floral, so if I were to use 2 words to describe it it'd be smokey lilacs. It smells really nice, actually, since this is not a scent I'd choose, but it's not really me.

• 6 months later...

I got this as a sample included in an order and i am glad i did b/c i would not have ordered it on my own

i don't get the smoke at all, i get sweet cherry bazooka gum or the old time candy gum that you could blow powder sugar clouds with, then it settles and it is light airy cherry florals

definitely a keeper but not sure if its a bottle purchase - more samples sure

• 3 weeks later...
I got this as a sample included in an order and i am glad i did b/c i would not have ordered it on my own

i don't get the smoke at all, i get sweet cherry bazooka gum or the old time candy gum that you could blow powder sugar clouds with, then it settles and it is light airy cherry florals

definitely a keeper but not sure if its a bottle purchase - more samples sure

K - broke out the sampler last night and put some on. My daughter thought I smelled like play dough - which to her means wonderful. My DH and son thought I smelled nasty.

Sadly - I agreed with them. This was all old cigarettes and cough medicine on me. I smelled like the bar that in college had 99 cent pitcher night on Mondays. Blech. I always had to shower twice to get the smell out of my hair - and always left my coat in the car - so that wouldn't reek forever as well. And wouldn't you know, this one has some throw. Because I woke up this morning smelling old bar on my wrists. So - much like the late lamented Sparty's - this smell stayed with me.

Likes this one - not so much.

• 10 months later...

I know the note list of this sounds discordant, but it's a very unique and unexpectedly sexy scent! I was right in taking a chance on a bottle. It starts out floral, but the florals quickly fade to the background on me and the smoke and cherry pie really come out. It's smoky, hazy and mysterious with a bite of tart foodiness to it; really a fragrance like no other!

<br />K - broke out the sampler last night and put some on. My daughter thought I smelled like play dough - which to her means wonderful. My DH and son thought I smelled nasty. <br /><br />Sadly - I agreed with them. This was all old cigarettes and cough medicine on me. I smelled like the bar that in college had 99 cent pitcher night on Mondays. Blech. I always had to shower twice to get the smell out of my hair - and always left my coat in the car - so that wouldn't reek forever as well. And wouldn't you know, this one has some throw. Because I woke up this morning smelling old bar on my wrists. So - much like the late lamented Sparty's - this smell stayed with me.<br /><br />Likes this one - not so much.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

This pretty much sums it up for me, too. I love the scent of unburnt tobacco, but smoke I can't do.

• 11 months later...