Hiya everyone!

hedgehog

Hi everyone!

I first discovered pheromones when looking for a way to get over my terrible interview anxiety. I was unhappy at my job, had an interview coming up for a better one, and desperately needed a confidence boost. Breathing exercises, Wonder Woman poses, visualization, I tried them all.  The pherotalk forums popped up in the search results, and I thought, "Why not? It's worth a shot. There's a guarantee after all."

I'm not sure if the pheros worked, because I still felt pretty nervous, but I got the new job! A few months later, I tried to go to the Androtics forums to ask a question.  I was shocked to find that they'd shut down.  Even though that was really shady, the idea of pheros still intrigued me.  I had read about people using pheros to lift their mood on bad days, to find the energy and confidence to get through difficult situations, and to generally spread sweetness and light wherever they went.  That sounded incredible!  I wanted that.

So more googling led me here, and I've been obsessively reading the forums. :) Everyone here is so kind and helpful, and I love that the majority of posters here are women, and that's there's so many reviews and different scents!  

I was still a little wary after my Androtics experience, so I bought a Pherotine of La Femme Mystere to test.  And I got noticeable hits on my first try, with only a couple tiny dabs, not even a drop! I'm sold. :) And I'm definitely going to get some more pheros before Pherotine is over! Now I just have to decide...

I've never been big on fragrances, because a lot of them make me sneeze, but I was fine with the fragrance samples LPMP kindly included in my order. So I'm going to be exploring perfumes for the first time too.

So hello everyone! I'm excited to play around with more perfumes and pheros! 

Thanks oceanjewel!

Since I see lots of people are using their welcome threads as semi-journals, here's what I'm thinking my for my next order:

Open Windows Pherotine

LFM Pherotine (Love this stuff already, it's like me, but better)

SWS Pherotine 

Trials: LP Red, Sensual Harmony with LFM

I might get 2 of each to get the  10% discount at $100, but I need to figure out my budget first. And I use so little each time, just one of these might last a year.

Also they are work-oriented blends so these are totally an investment, right? ;) 

8 minutes ago, hedgehog said:

Thanks oceanjewel!

Since I see lots of people are using their welcome threads as semi-journals, here's what I'm thinking my for my next order:

Open Windows Pherotine

LFM Pherotine (Love this stuff already, it's like me, but better)

SWS Pherotine 

Trials: LP Red, Sensual Harmony with LFM

I might get 2 of each to get the  10% discount at $100, but I need to figure out my budget first. And I use so little each time, just one of these might last a year.

Also they are work-oriented blends so these are totally an investment, right? ;) 

Sounds like a good start. SWS is especially good for work. Don't be afraid to try a variety of scents. There really is something for everyone and many of us have discovered perfumes we never thought we'd like are actually really good on us.

Definitely an investment ;)

Hello and welcome to the forum! 

I came here too originally for the pheromones but stayed for the great community and great scents.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:55 PM, oceanjewel said:

Don't be afraid to try a variety of scents. There really is something for everyone and many of us have discovered perfumes we never thought we'd like are actually really good on us.

On 2/24/2019 at 8:44 PM, quietguy said:

Hello and welcome to the forum! 

I came here too originally for the pheromones but stayed for the great community and great scents.

Ahhh, I know! There are so many scents that sound incredible in the reviews. I'm going to ease into fragrances, though; a lot of scents don't work for me, so I'm cautious.  Fabric softener, for instance, always makes me sneeze. And a lot of florals, aquatic notes, and sharp cologney scents give me headaches.   I know, I'm picky. 😐  I' also very sensitive to caffeine, so maybe my body chemistry is just finicky in general.

A few things I do like:

Sweet ambers. A housemate of mine used to use BBW Sensual Amber shower gel and the bathroom always smelled nice.

Fruity, fresh scents.  Like the smell of a nice shampoo. 

Vanilla. I actually synthesized vanillin acetate (a molecule similar to what you get in vanilla extract) for a lab class way back in college. I think we were supposed to throw it away, but I kept it in my lab drawer and sniffed it occasionally. :)   

I'm open to any recommendations!

Surprisingly, I don't know anyone at work who wears perfume. Maybe because I work a sciencey job? So I am trying to keep it very light and subtle right now, close to my skin like a lotion or body wash.  I've been using Creamed Honey very lightly and I'm still worried it's too much! Maybe my skin is the opposite of the skin that "eats perfume?"  

Now I'm just imagining a  little cartoon of  my skin saying, "I do not like green notes and LAM, I will not eat it Sam I Am! I will not eat with a fox, I will not eat in a box..."  :P 

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! Y'all are so nice. :) 

Edited by hedgehog
weird formatting

Thanks for the tips, Heather and Kayla. Definitely helpful. Whenever I visit family, they have to hide their Costco sized box of dryer sheets in the basement, ha!

I've been wearing Creamed Honey for the past few days and am really liking it. I felt inspired to give perfume another try, so I tried some commercial perfumes I have (Lancome La Vie Est Belle and Estee Lauder Pleasures) and both just smelled so pungent and made me feel kind of sick (though they had amazing longevity...in this case, not a good thing). Whereas Creamed Honey feels so soft and sweet and natural-smelling in comparison. I really like the sweet creamy honey vibe. I'd like to try BAM Sugared Vanilla and Honey if it weren't for the cops!

I made my second order, and will be geting trials of Sensual Harmony and LP Red along with some last minute Pherotine bottles. And ivy_fiddlefox is very kindly and generously sending me some samples.  So I have a lot of olfactory experimentation ahead. Excited.  :)

I have been doing some "experiments" with fragrance notes and longevity with dry/moisturized skin and with different moisturizers.  In the course of my research, I came across this article:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19245452

It is widely acknowledged that some perfumes may perform very differently on different skins, but little definitive information is available to elucidate the associated mechanism(s). Rationalization of this may necessitate understanding both the physical and the chemical interactions between perfume and skin. To assist studies in this area, techniques based on headspace analysis and solvent swabbing have been developed to monitor fragrance concentrations on and above skin in use. Using these techniques, we have carried out some initial exploration into the physical and chemical interactions between skin and perfume. (a) Physical interactions: differences in perfume behaviour when on skin and when on a relatively inert surface (vitreous tile) were quantified to build up at least a qualitative idea of the importance of physical interactions between skin and perfume. (b) Chemical interactions: the potential for skin-mediated chemical transformation of perfume was examined across a wide range of functional groups relevant to perfumes, but was found to be low under 'non-forcing'conditions (i.e. clean dry skin). However, some evidence has been found for changes in perfume ingredients in the underarm, probably arising from microbially catalysed reactions. It is envisaged that it may be possible to harness such transformations usefully - for example, to deliver unusual fragrance effects or enhance fragrance longevity. In addition, product-mediated transformation on skin is feasible, and a specific case has been investigated based on the pH sensitivity of citral acetalization.

I found it interesting that they didn't observe much chemical transformation of perfume.  So it suggests that the differences we smell from the same batch of fragrances has to do with our skin holding on to or "eating" some fragrance components preferentially. It would be interesting to test the same fragrance on the same skin at different pHs (by swabbing with baking soda or washing with soap to make skin more alkaline, or swabbing with something like aspirin maybe? to make skin more acidic. Aspirin instead of something like vinegar or lemon  juice because those have an odor of their own).

Hey Hedgehog. Welcome!

We discovered LPMP under the same circumstances! Nice to meet you. Personally, I use G2 (girl/girl pheromone blend) for my anxiety in social places and one-on-ones. Sensual Harmony was my first scent purchase as well ;) You have awesome taste!

I've always believed in applying fragrance on clean skin as existing sweat seems to take away an application's freshness.

9 hours ago, Ivysaur said:

Hey Hedgehog. Welcome!

We discovered LPMP under the same circumstances! Nice to meet you. Personally, I use G2 (girl/girl pheromone blend) for my anxiety in social places and one-on-ones. Sensual Harmony was my first scent purchase as well ;) You have awesome taste!

I've always believed in applying fragrance on clean skin as existing sweat seems to take away an application's freshness.

Thanks for the welcome, Ivysaur!  Yes, I'm excited about Sensual Harmony. I'm letting it rest off its travel shock right now, but I couldn't resist a sniff and I think I'm going to love it.

I have a trial of Bosom Bows with G2  that I've tested once. I did find it calming, and I'll have to try it out some more. I'm using LFM for work right now -  it makes me feel like a badass queen-of-the-world and it makes my coworkers extra helpful. :)

Good point about applying on clean skin. I've found that I can pull out different notes by applying on skin that is dry/moisturized/moisturized with silicone-containing lotion. It could be a good tool to help fragrances work with my chemistry that otherwise wouldn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was gone for a while - my personal computer crashed (didn't want to go on forums on my work computer) and I had some health issues, but now I'm back!  Lately I've been wearing Sensual Harmony, Pie in the Sky (I love this one), and LP Red a lot, with the latter two occasionally layered with LFM.  I love the sweet desserty scents!  They just make me happy. :)  Still getting used to LP Red, though... I think maybe I amp the rose and patchouli? Sadly, I don't get much of the "sexy cinnamon bun" smell described in the reviews, more of a brown sugar rose patchouli smell. Which is still good, but I want to smell like a sexy cinnamon bun! 😋

Highlights of my LP usage in the last few months: 

I have noticed that two of my mentors at work are especially affected by LFM. On days when I wear more than a tiny dab, they'll actually seek me out, multiple times, even, and we'll just talk for half an hour. Both of these mentors are very kind, fatherly types, so maybe they EST makes them want to be helpful? 

Also, right after applying Gypsum White with Lace in the bathroom, a lady just walked up to me, apropos of nothing, and said, "I just wanted to let you know that you're VERY pretty!" I NEVER get complimented on my looks by strangers, and I was just looking like my normal self. It was definitely the Lace!

And last, I've joined the ranks of those who wear LPs to bed.  At first I thought, "Why wear it if I'm only going to be smelling it the 15 minutes I'm still awake?" But there's nothing like falling asleep to Warm and Toasty and smelling that vanilla skin scent in the morning. I swear I sleep better with LPs! 

:onigiri_moon_sleep:

Edited by hedgehog

• 1 month later...

Thanks Halo!

I ordered the sampler set during the sale and I'm excited for it to arrive! (I don't feel ready for full bottles yet since I haven't even finished a sniffie!  I definitely have "oh shiny!" syndrome. 😝 One day...)