Experiences With Hedione.

I don’t get any type of phero like effects from it. For me it’s more of a fragrance note only. It’s okay in a few things but not my type of scent in general. It can really change/influence/make a scent though.

It can have phero like effects. Widely reported and accepted. It just does not for me. I know a lot of guys too who bought into the hype when another major phero company put it into every existing formula because he believed in it so much and most were disappointed if not downright angry that it did nothing for them and in some cases felt that it made the established formulas weaker. It may work for you, who knows. I know people who love it as a fragrance note seem pretty affected by it. 

On 4/16/2019 at 3:57 AM, Honeycake said:

I am curious as to how this plays on women.  What have your experiences been?

Like Halo, I have not experienced anything that I would declare

"Phero like". I like the scent of it and one of my fave LP scents featured it prominently. "MOIST".

I have worn Hedione alot. It is a head turner. Lots of "Wow! What's that scent?" "You smell great!" I have not tried it solo.Obviously,  it goes very well with Jasmine. I really would love to try it with Mongolia. :)

I think it adds a whole lotta umph to certain notes. 

Edited by StacyK

On 4/18/2019 at 7:20 PM, Honeycake said:

Thanks Halo and Stacy K.  Now I don't know what to think.  Maybe I should try a sample?

Do you like florals? It definately has a floral'ish edge to it. But, it also has a sheer'ish- ness (butchering the lanuage today) to it. So it can belend well into a scent. I tend to gravitate to the scents that showcase it. Its in both mens and women's scents. 

2 hours ago, StacyK said:

Do you like florals? It definately has a floral'ish edge to it. But, it also has a sheer'ish- ness (butchering the lanuage today) to it. So it can belend well into a scent. I tend to gravitate to the scents that showcase it. Its in both mens and women's scents. 

I do like florals.  Now you have me curious.  :) 

4 minutes ago, Honeycake said:

I do like florals.  Now you have me curious.  :)

Do you have any trials with it? 

MOIST

H2OOO (mens/uni)

Looking for more...

12 minutes ago, StacyK said:

Do you have any trials with it? 

MOIST

H2OOO (mens/uni)

Looking for more...

Personally, I"m a huge fan of H2OOO.  My bride also liked that scent even though it isn't the type of scent she'd normally go for.

22 minutes ago, Snoopyace said:

Personally, I"m a huge fan of H2OOO.  My bride also liked that scent even though it isn't the type of scent she'd normally go for.

Me too. Love that. Such a pretty summer scent. Very light. 

•Mountain Meadow 

•Rainforest Musk (mens)

•Padma

•Zombie Repellent 

•And one that was part of the recent '18 October releases

Edited by StacyK

Honeycake, you can also check this list that Mara keeps of all present and retired perfumes with different pheromones.  It's a good reference if you're looking for something specific. For hedoine, check all of the categories - women's and men's, current and retired.  

Edited by Kayla

On 4/26/2019 at 6:18 PM, Kayla said:

Honeycake, you can also check this list that Mara keeps of all present and retired perfumes with different pheromones.  It's a good reference if you're looking for something specific. For hedoine, check all of the categories - women's and men's, current and retired.  

I didn't see this.  Thanks Kayla!  :) 

Hedione on its own smells almost like nothing to me. I think that’s normal. I do like to use it when creating my own blends, specifically fragile scents, like citrus heavy.  ( I love blood orange and jasmine together, essentials, heavy on the orange, light on the jasmine )   not a floral girl. Citrus evaporates so quickly, I find a bit of hedione gives them some staying power but doesn’t change the scent much. I’m not certain about having noticible phero-like effects,  perhaps just a little of the “I feel pretty today” vibe. Hedione is a jasmine derivative, and jasmine is documented as an aphrodisiac.

I love Tattooed Lady, purchased because of packaging, surprised that I love it as it’s not something I would normally wear scent wise. 

I wouldn’t consider hedione as a solo scent, there just isn’t anything there to smell on its own. I use it more as a fixative, or to enhance a light fragrance. 

5 hours ago, Cycle Kitten said:

Hedione on its own smells almost like nothing to me. I think that’s normal. I do like to use it when creating my own blends, specifically fragile scents, like citrus heavy.  ( I love blood orange and jasmine together, essentials, heavy on the orange, light on the jasmine )   not a floral girl. Citrus evaporates so quickly, I find a bit of hedione gives them some staying power but doesn’t change the scent much. I’m not certain about having noticible phero-like effects,  perhaps just a little of the “I feel pretty today” vibe. Hedione is a jasmine derivative, and jasmine is documented as an aphrodisiac.

I love Tattooed Lady, purchased because of packaging, surprised that I love it as it’s not something I would normally wear scent wise. 

I wouldn’t consider hedione as a solo scent, there just isn’t anything there to smell on its own. I use it more as a fixative, or to enhance a light fragrance. 

Interesting POV.  Thanks for that contribution.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 8:15 AM, Honeycake said:

I was looking at Padma, but I think I will try the Popularity Potion new release - I can't think of the name of it right now.... 

#8 of the NR's contains Hedione. Oh yea. Its the one with Pop Potion so win win.  Get a sample. Get a trial of Padma too. Its so pretty. 

Edited by StacyK

• 2 years later...

If you take joy in the fresh springtime air, lightly scented with budding flowers, then I would say you might get mood elevating selfies from it. I enjoy it a lot in certain blends, and when used at the proper levels. Too much and it gives me a headache, but just the right amount like in Domina Vere.....it's heavenly. It makes me happy.

In those fragrances I have with hedione, I find it's really sparkly/pretty and I like that lift against the other notes.  The kind of happiness you get when you smell something you enjoy.  Then again, I do like jasmine, generally.