Aqua Menthe w/Hedione

il_fullxfull.1926409149_6f1p.jpg

Parfum #5: Aqua Menthe w/Hedione (UNISEX)

A rainy day...and you are wrapped in contemplation, soothed by the sound of water falling upon all the growing things around you...the scent of the freshly-washed world, so peaceful in this moment in time. You can capture this mood anytime with our unisex misty rain-soaked scent. Himalayan musk and a (rain) barrel of aquatic accords featuring overtones of African wild mint, ozone and citrus, then given further freshness with the addition of Hedione, a jasmine derivative which has been discovered to evoke a pheromone-like response, especially in women when worn by men. It gives off a lovely fresh airy floral note which is often added to fragrances for both sexes.

I have un petit jardin in Paris, and on those days when it rains I love to open my windows and breathe in the scent, it makes me feel so alive somehow. To sit with a cup of tea and listen to that soothing sound...I believe many of us enjoy this feeling, non? Then I may go out in the rain and pick some flowers, some herbs, wrap them in muslin...so please enjoy this scent of a rainy day in my garden, from me to you.

Scent: Hazy, foggy, slightly musky rain scent with overtones of mint, ozone and citrus. 
Mood: Contemplative.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

WATER ACCORDS ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
WILD MINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
CYPRESS ~ Longevity, healing, protection. 
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
ROCK ROSE / CISTUS / LABDANUM ~ One of the oldest known perfume ingredients. Considered holy, used in tribute, and as a sense-memory tool to stimulate the subconscious. Said to revive long forgotten memories and feelings.
TUBEROSE ~ Dangerous pleasure. Excitement, sensuality.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong ‘magnet’ to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of “sparkle” to the wearer.
PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

Since we've been having rainy weather lately, I thought it would be appropriate to try first off.

This is totally unisex to my nose - for the guys who might be wondering.  And it does have a really "natural" kind of evocation, like, opening your windows to smell the rain.  It's a little more ozone-y than the real thing, I would say, but not overpowering.  And I am very sensitive to ozone accords, so if it doesn't bug me then you know it's okay.  So a little pointy, but altogether clean and fresh and well-blended to create a linear impression.  The mint is more of a plant-like herbal kind of vibe rather than what you would normally expect.  But for those of you who really love the clean scents, this is perfect for that kind of mood.

This would be a great choice for work because it's one of those which has a specific character but is smooth enough not to come off as too strong to those around you.

• 2 weeks later...

This feels like just stepping out of a cold shower on a hot and rainy summer day. I grew up in Texas and this is so evocative of that humid, languid, summer-vacation-home-alone-and-using-my-mom's-toiletries kind of feeling. It is my mother's birthday today, so that could be why I'm having that evocation - she's halfway across the planet and I'm missing her - but I'm unexpectedly loving this! It was the last of the trial vials I put on and the first one I'm actually reviewing. I do wish the mint lasted a little longer, but that's to be expected I supposed. Ten minutes and poof! But I'm still loving the soft, quiet, kinda cloudy, I'm-taken-care-of feeling this is giving me. This will be great on a lazy hot day. 

This is very homme dans le frais. 

Guys!! Get this and wear it for your SO.

The dry down umm. Its fancy shaving cream clean. It must be the labdanum, rose, citrus & mint giving me that. All are pretty common in shaving cream. 

I want to huff this on his chest after a bit of a dry down. Just 1 spritz on your chest and let the Hedione lead her (me) in by the nose. 

I am thinking X Mass gifts here. 

• 2 weeks later...

The opening phase is a bit rough for me. I love the very herbal mint tingle but the water accord is a bit stabby and something combined with that, maybe vetiver or the woods comes off just slightly dirty. It may mostly be the water notes. Any way it tickles my nose in a peculiar way. Luckily that phase does not last long at all. It dries down to a much smoother and more subdued clean scent. Not soapy clean, but fresh clean with a side of smoothness and complexity. It’s more than just an aquatic. It’s not for me as aquatics are never my thing, but I think I’d really like to put this on BF. The long dry down is very nice and I bet that on warm boy skin, it would be irresistible.

• 1 year later...

I was just reminded that my son still wants a "mint" scent, I'll have to have him try this one. Him smelling especially "clean" wouldn't be a bummer. Maybe I could make it into a spray for him, but at half strength! Like 1/3 oz into 2 oz of perfumer's alcohol, then he won't stink up the place with too much man perfume, and he wouldn't need to know it's half strength! I have read that Elvis wore so much Brut that you could smell him when he was coming down the hallway. That's how I remember all the cute boys in the 80's, with their bottles of Brut, Paco R. and whatnot in their lockers. It was prob just self defence against the choking clouds of Lauren and Georgio!