Toujours Belle

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1926391247_6044.jpg

Parfum #3: Toujours Belle

When you’re feeling devilish enough to cause a little playful havoc...slather this incensual sweet and sexy blending of fig, black currant, cassis blossom and Indian black amber attar, swirled with luscious brown sugar, and become the essence of delicious mischief...

Ah, you may wonder...am I versed in le magique d’attraction? The true power of Woman to ensnare the affections of the one she desires. Certainement! To drive another to distraction with lust...oh, it is so much fun to be naughty, isn’t it ma cheres? There is nothing more sexy than you and your lover engaging in some l’espièglerie, and you with that smile which is so very wicked, non? I have a scent which guarantees le bon temps dans la chamber and you will remain always beautiful, always adored, always memorable.

Scent: Dark and incensey sweetened amber with figgy top. 
Mood: Impishly sexy in a bad girl way.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

This one is really interesting to me, the contrast between the jamminess of the fig and the fruity brightness of the black currant.  It has an almost fizzy kind of quality.  I normally don't prefer the more ripe kind of fig but this one is really nice.  The darker notes of the brown sugar and the black amber sort of binds everything together but doesn't make it all too dark, just lends a bit of an exotic air, a nice density.  There's a sweetness but it balances really well with the more resin-y characteristic of the attar.  I can picture this one in a genie-style bottle!

Here is another one that I can't stop sniffing on my arm. I love fig. The thing is, this is in the women's section but on my skin, it has a slightly masculine characteristic & I think I would enjoy this on a man very much. 

So this is the one I thought I would go nuts over.  I’m am an amber ho all the way.  Yet, this is way more incense smelling than a buttery amber.  I like the fig as it adds the sweetness needed and the cassis just peeks out.  It’s coming off as a fall scent so I am going to put it away and hope the incense backs down on me.  I loved the amber in Ann’s black amber, so I am not sure why this is so masculine and resiny on me.

It's a black amber attar, so it's got other things blended with it, that's where the incense impression comes from.

I adore the way everything blends together. It does feel a little weighty for summer, but I will wear it anyway. ;)

This is very sultry. I can get why its in the summer collection.  If only to add variety to all the lighter, fruity brighter summer notes.

Imaging this on my skin on a humid summer night :666: .

I get more "exotic" than incense. I kind of want to throw on a saree and let the warm sun heat up my tummy. A drop or two of cops would be very sweet in this.  

But, that long dry down is too much and by that I mean too good. Its pretty OMG. I put a swipe of this in the crook of my arm. So I huffed it all night and the long dry down is TDF. 

I kind of wonder, what if Mara had put a wet steamy note in here. Add steam & It will be a total summer SLF.

I can get the "fall spiced scent" off this. 

I am one of those "other people". The one who starts counting down to FALL right after July 4th. Labor Day? Please.. I am long past summer by then.  

This is also a total win for a wax melt. 

Edited by StacyK

This is sweet and juicy on me.  It isn't reading dark on my skin at all.  I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do, and am thinking that I may need to spring for a bottle. I agree with @StacyK that this would be fantastic with a few drops of cops.

Well I actually love this after wearing on my skin. I love fig in all forms and this is a super ripe juicy, jammy one. It’s a tad much while wet but it dries down beautifully. The combo of the current and fig goes through a prickly to my nose stage.  It’s not one or the other, but the combination of both together. Oh and the sugar! It’s the sugar combined with those two. Sugar does that to me pretty regularly. I believe that’s what Luna is calling fizzy. Luckily that doesn’t last too terribly long. I like it during initial stages okay but after long drydown of hour+, that’s when I begin to love it. The prickly part disappears, the fig smoothes out and becomes a little less HI, I’M FIG, ENTERTAIN ME. The amber really has a chance to shine as this rich, deep enough to ground but mid weight enough for Summer note. Really sensual. I’m so glad I tried this one. I’ll definitely use my sample.

OMGoodness.

I'm not getting fall or incense, I'm just getting sex. Hot summer night, too much of a good thing, dirty girl "couldn't help myself" unforgettable sex. Outdoor sex, by a river, not your nice soft blanket sex. This juicy fig is gonna leave you with twigs in your hair. 

7 hours ago, halo0073 said:

The long long drydown is soooo fucking nice. I reapply This all day when I wear it, so I can go through all the stages just to get to the end. A really fun and sexy as hell journey.

IKR! Its AMAZING at that point. On my skin that lasts a good while too. 

Very grrr...

• 3 weeks later...

I am now talking about the perfume oil.

This is both sexy and neutral for office.

The autumnally melancholy of this scent is saved by the fig, so it is sweet enough for spring/summer. Do no mistakes, this is an oil factory amber master piece in oil version. 

It is very long lasting on me, the amber and the fig playes very well together since the fig adds just a little sweetness, my bottles tells about some green and some smokyness too, but that can be different from batch to  batch.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would really like this one, but I'm getting the "fizzy" that Luna mentioned, and I am just not a fan of scents that tickle my nose like that. I'll see how the drydown goes, but for now, this is a no-go for me. 

• 1 month later...

I am really surprised that the French collection doesn't have more reviews. I think it is one of the best LP has put out and this is my favorite of the set. I love the amber and it pairs perfectly with the fig! It is a very sultry combination of amber and sticky fruits. I definitely need a full bottle!

10 hours ago, bruiseviolet said:

I am really surprised that the French collection doesn't have more reviews. I think it is one of the best LP has put out and this is my favorite of the set. I love the amber and it pairs perfectly with the fig! It is a very sultry combination of amber and sticky fruits. I definitely need a full bottle!

@bruiseviolet I totally agree with you about the lack of reviews for this collection but I think it was a timing thing. Mara had just given us 30(!) new releases with the Vault and Pherotine, and then we started speculating on OCCO's fairly soon after the French Collection dropped. I hadn't gotten through those 30 trials when the French Collection made it to my house and my nose couldn't keep up. (Prisma and Leticia! Didn't I mean to order those?! I really can't keep up....)

I do remember my man hinting that he wanted a bottle of Force du Poivre, maybe I'll have him wear it for me again. Sometimes it takes my man and I way too long to realize that we love something. He just finished up his trial of Liquid Shadow on our trip and, walking behind him, I finally fully appreciated the complexity and sexiness of that scent! I hope he has a bottle and I didn't blow it. 

I'm guessing that quite a few of these will be the ones people will be dying for in a few years- Coquin, Enivrant, Velour Frais, Toujours Belle, and maybe Bonflower, too. I think they'll all age so nicely. I don't want to waste my young sapling Enivrant now, I want to experience her when she's grown! 

Regarding Toujours Belle, it's been on my list / in my cart and gotten bumped so many times. I think it's because I had too many things competing for the spot and really hadn't given it the quality time it deserved. It was also on and off my sale list a few times! I believe I may have even suggested a Toujours/fig and amber OCCO. Now I'm addicted to the NOX: Nyx w/Teddy BB fig and amber, AND there's a unisex LP with fig headed our way? I don't know if I've smelled fig on my man but I intend to now!

Edited by Eastwood22

• 1 year later...

There's a whiff in the beginning that almost reads as chocolate, but I'm not sure where that's coming from. Toujours Belle is thick and syrupy in a dark way, like molasses. This is sweeter than I anticipated, and the currant isn't as bright, but, by God, is it gorgeous. It's heavy, but not loud. It's languid and sensual. Thick and viscous. Not a daytime perfume. I feel sleepy and lazy wearing it, in a good way. Like the cat who ate the canary. After a while, the amber starts to warm it up and the currant comes out a bit more. It has aged so beautifully that I bought a second bottle.

• 1 year later...

This is so good! I wish there was more. This is very sexy fig jam smothered everywhere with smoky incense. It’s perfect for fall but I’ll wear it whenever.
I’m learning that fig is a great scent for me. 

On 10/22/2021 at 8:41 AM, Vika said:

learning that fig is a great scent for me. 

I’m also a fig lover. Have you tried the NOX: Nyx? It’s a great scent for bedtime.

I have! I really liked that one too! Thank you for the recommendation!

7 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I’m also a fig lover. Have you tried the NOX: Nyx? It’s a great scent for bedtime.