Velours Frais

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1878872008_5ka5.jpg

Parfum #4: Velours Frais

The ultimate in evening elegance, for any occasion but especially those of stylish discernment and pure frolic. Light up the night with lively blooms of carnation, camelia blossom and tobacco flower enhanced by exotic notes of Arabian oud and spice as well as earthy saffron and sage, surrounded by sheer white amber.

There are those who ask me: “Marie, when you are wanting to venture out for an evening with your beau Basier la Grenouille, what do you wear?” Well ma cheres, certainement I am always dressed in black. It is perfect for any occasion, and I layer my fabrics, you see, to ensure I am the very soul of fashion. But most important for any evening is one’s perfume, and so I will share my favorite with you. Tres chamant, so sophisticated, it is the eternal allure of the feminine. And thus no matter how you may dress, with this scent you will be beautiful to everyone...especially the one who loves you.

Scent: Bright and light spicy carnation. 
Mood: Frolicking and fun but elegant, evening scent. 

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

CARNATION ~ Power, energy, protection. Fascination, admiration.
CAMELLIA ~ Wealth, riches, prosperity.
SAFFRON ~ Love, beauty, happiness, lust. Purification, healing, clairvoyance.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
OUD ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
ARABIAN SPICE BLEND ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

OMG I could not love this any more if you paid me! I’m a carnation ho and carnation perfumes don’t come around that often. This reads almost all carnation on me. I can tell the camellia is there softening it a bit and I know the spices are there playing off the carnation’s spice, but it’s subtle. This is not as sweet as Pinky Sweet and not as spicy or unisex as Evil In Carnation. It’s inbetween those two in tone. If I sniff super super hard, like so hard it hurts I can vaguely detect some of the other notes but it requires work on my part, so I won’t do that again. Carnation is one of my all time favorite notes so I am thrilled to have such a lovely perfume dedicated to it’s beauty. Full bottle for sure!

1 hour ago, halo0073 said:

OMG I could not love this any more if you paid me! I’m a carnation ho and carnation perfumes don’t come around that often. This reads almost all carnation on me. I can tell the camellia is there softening it a bit and I know the spices are there playing off the carnation’s spice, but it’s subtle. This is not as sweet as Pinky Sweet and not as spicy or unisex as Evil In Carnation. It’s inbetween those two in tone. If I sniff super super hard, like so hard it hurts I can vaguely detect some of the other notes but it requires work on my part, so I won’t do that again. Carnation is one of my all time favorite notes so I am thrilled to have such a lovely perfume dedicated to it’s beauty. Full bottle for sure!

So glad to hear that. I had my eye on this. I love carnation and LP carnations. I'm dying for my sampler. This will be my first go. 🎉

I totally agree with Heather's review - this is primarily more of a fresh carnation scent on me and it's really lovely in that way.  I think the combination of carnation and camellia really accentuates that whole fresh floral association. The spiciness is more of an undertone so I get the "light bright" evocation which was Mara's concept for the fragrance, as well as the sophisticated mood.  Carnation lovers need to grab this one for sure!

Me too!  I am a carnation lover and have found very few scents over the years that have a true carnation note.

I'd never classify myself as a floral fragrance lover, but this... ((((THIS!!!!))) is so delicious.

Happily I also get the spices and the tobacco, and the white amber stays in the background -all good things for me.  

I love LPMP Carnation.

If I had Balls or Ovums I would say this grabed me by them hard at first.

* NOTE. I slathered too liberally.

It started off a unisex Carnation, strong and a little spicy. Yes guys, try a sample. I love carnations on a man :purr: .

After about 15ish mins. It mellows and some of the other notes pop through. As are all these scents, the notes are seamlessly & smoothly interwoven. Carnation is the top note and stays. But, it mellows and blends into a simply georgous scent. Classy & Sophicated come to mind here. If you don't overdose. 

I get a truly amazing unisex (yes even after drydown) scent. Go anywhere with it. I want to wear it to Italy and dance in a fountain. Then I want to give a bottle to a hot Italian guy! 

Very compatible with PM. I could feel OW too. FB.

CIAO!

• 4 weeks later...

Wet I get carnation mixed with spices and tobacco, but as it dries down the spices and tobacco disappear leaving me with a lovely fresh carnation scent. Glad i got a full bottle of this :)

• 7 months later...

This is a fresh carnation, very floral. It's more of a traditional perfume, without being perfumey. Has a lot of throw. As it begins to dry down, it gets more spicy, which is an interesting contrast with the freshness of the floral. There are a lot of things going on at once, but they work together. The result is an intriguing, well blended scent. I imagine this as the scent of a person with a high powered job. You take them seriously. Despite that, it is still a very feminine and romantic scent. The person who wears this has confidence and doesn't need to conform to your rules or expectations because they know their own power. You don't know what to expect from them as they always catch you off guard.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I really love the long dry down of Velours Frais. Yes, distinctive carnation, but I think you’d have to be really clear on what a carnation actually smells like to call this a floral perfume. The amber and saffron, to me, are still detectable four hours later. It’s really huff-able. I think I didn’t get it’s subtle air of mystery when it first came out last summer. I most likely dismissed it as “not a me scent,” due to its obvious sophistication and elegance, as I lean more playful, but I get it now. It’s right there in the description, too! 

On 5/15/2019 at 6:39 PM, Beccah said:

There are those who ask me: “Marie, when you are wanting to venture out for an evening with your beau Basier la Grenouille, what do you wear?”

On 5/15/2019 at 6:39 PM, Beccah said:

Mood: Frolicking and fun but elegant, evening scent. 

This is for that always-elegant, well-dressed and sophisticated woman when she is preparing for a night on the town, dancing and laughing and looking and feeling like a bright star.  
This was one that fell into and out of my cart several times, and now I finally get it, 18 months later. I might need to re-visit that whole release! I do have Coquin and Toujour Belle, I will be wearing them this week for sure.

• 6 months later...
On 12/8/2020 at 1:05 PM, Eastwood22 said:

This was one that fell into and out of my cart several times, and now I finally get it, 18 months later.

Dammit. I was just enjoying the carnation in Mercury Potion, and came back here to look at Velour Frais again. Seems I “got it,” but what does that mean, energetically? Emotionally? But I didn’t manage to actually purchase it. Idiot!