Love Potion: Black

Teggy

2 hours ago, Dolly said:

This is definitely one of my go-to scents. So wonderful!  Dark, but not so dark that it scares people....LOL

this is probably my favorite scent on my bride.  She feels it is a bit to dramatic to wear for for anything other than a special occasion.   I keep looking for special occasions for her to emerald it. 

:Emoticons10311:

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled this out and gave it a second shot after seeing these reviews. It's deep and fascinating but maybe too "womanly" for me right now. I feel like I'll be ready for this in 10 years! This is what I would imagine a femme fatale wearing. Unfortunately, I am closer to the secretly steely ingenue if anything. Or sometimes, the precocious little kid bouncing off the walls. But alas, not the femme fatale, though it might be fun to put this on and pretend every once in a while!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 6:18 PM, Snoopyace said:

this is probably my favorite scent on my bride.  She feels it is a bit to dramatic to wear for for anything other than a special occasion.   I keep looking for special occasions for her to emerald it. 

:Emoticons10311:

Yeah, well, personal style, I guess.  I wear things like Sex and Violins, Divine Magick, and Bad Girl on a regular basis.  LP Black is not really "in your face" or dramatic on me.  It dries down to a luscious cloud of...."damn who smells so good"?  My skin absolutely loves resins!

I have worn it a couple times this week, just for me.  Going to be my scent of choice this weekend.  I haven't broken it out for a run with the new man because I had to go digging in my humongous perfume stash to find it!  I am sure he will love it.  I will definitely roll on some unscented BI before application of Black.  

@Dolly it's nice to see you posting again! When I first. came onto this forum I read all your phero info posts and you saved me from asking a few less questions and I made a few less mistakes. And you're funny, so I'm glad you're back. 

• 1 month later...

This one is an all time favorite of mine. Absolutely delicious. I have no worn it in probably close to a decade. When I just tried the tester I ordered I remembered how much I adored it. For some reason in my mind before testing it again, I associated it more with patchouli than the sweet yumminess it is. I know I remembered making it a winter scent but I think now I'd wear it all year round except for maybe May though August when it's hottest. My skin also doesn't drink it up like it does with a variety of other scents. 

• 4 months later...

I finally got this to work for me!  I layer with something sweet and innocent, almost as a base. It really brings the sweetness and honey out and tones down the resins a little, which on my skin are “HI I’M A RESIN. CAN YOU SMELL ME? WHAT DID YOU SAY? LOUDER??” 😊
Also, this layers really well with fruity fragrances that might be a little light by their own. It adds depth and I like that fruit + resins combo. 

18 hours ago, hedgehog said:

It adds depth and I like that fruit + resins combo. 

Have you tried Toujours Belle?  If you like that fruity resin combo, you'll probably like that!

• 1 month later...

Oh, my. This is DIVINE. The deep dark vanilla! The brown sugar! The HONEYCOMB!

*melts*

This may have supplanted HLP as my favorite Love Potion variant.

• 4 months later...

I’m not sure why I waited so long to get a sample of this as I do like resins but I guess I was afraid it would be more patch than the other scents listed...boy was I wrong! When I first got it a few months ago I eagerly opened it but got that burnt rubber smell straight out of the vial, so I put it away for awhile to let it settle, marinate and percolate...after reading through all of the reviews I pulled it back out to give it an honest chance. I’ve been wearing it for about a week now, sometimes by itself, sometimes with sugared amber (that’s a real winner) and sometimes with a commercial scent..each time I love it more and more whether by itself or mixed with something else so I finally ordered a fb of it and can’t wait to really slather it lol I’m not sure yet if I love it more than LP red (my 1st LP love) and I haven’t mixed the 2 together YET, but I know I will...

i have to say don’t let the patch note discourage you from trying out this one, it’s really beautiful in this blend. I’m not sure what I was expecting perhaps the smell of a damp forest with the smell of patchouli mixed with dirt or something but thankfully that is NOT it with this one. It reminds me a lot of Kyphi (an Egyptian temple incense) which is spicey (think more like nutmeg and cloves type of spice) mixed with a dark vanilla (not the in your face sugary too sweet vanilla) and some really nice amber. It really is decadent to the senses.  Mmmmmmmhmmmm

• 8 months later...

Don't know what's up with my skin chemistry today, but I'm wearing LP Black and it's not a deep dark patch and resins fest - the "buttercream" is actually coming through for the first time for me!  After getting a (figurative) taste of the buttercream, I wanted to amp it up so I layered it with Lick of Cream and it was perfect.  Then I added too much Lick of Cream and it smelled like Double O. 😄 

But if LP Black isn't working for you, I'd recommend layering with something creamy! I finally got  that dark creaminess everyone raves about!