Bonflower w/ La Femme Mystere

il_fullxfull.1926443779_ijvw.jpg

Parfum #10: Bonflower - Phero Enhanced w La Femme Mystere

*Cologne Spray ~ Each 1 fl.oz. bottle contains over 500 mcg of pheromones. 

Imagine a magical land, so beautiful and wild, a place where anything is possible and your destiny awaits. You belong in this place, the wonder awaits you, all you have to do is step inside. There is a scent drifting upon the silken wind...of flowers so enchanting and you want to BE that scent, to embody this transcendent place you now inhabit. Enter the dream with our newest cologne spray, a richly mysterious smoky floral featuring iris root and Indian musk attar blended with amyris EO, Bakhour and Arabian wood attars, and no bonfire would be complete without some sugary goodness on top (in this case a delicious whipped cream accord evocative of marshmallows). To further the ethereal mood we’ve included a whopping dose of our exclusive LA FEMME MYSTERE pheromone blend, a deeply feminine and voluptuously seductive aura that inspires positive feelings, deep emotions, meaningful connections, and leaves a lasting, memorable, enchanting impression. Both social and sexual, this blend of seven carefully balanced ingredients evokes the "seven veils" of feminine mystery... sultry and intense...it casts a spell, greatly enhancing sex appeal. This blend is designed to remind us (and those around us) of our feminine power, and enhance it.

We sorcières love a good bonfire, n’est-ce pas? The dance of the flames, the scent of the smoke drifting through the air upon a cold night, the crackle of the wood as it burns. I was inspired to create my own conflagration in a bottle...and so I thought to myself, what could add to this enchantment, this experience de magique? Les fleurs, bien sûr! Imagine flowers entwined within the wood, and of course one cannot have a bonfire without marshmallows, certainement! It is a scent of a place mysterious and untamed, a beauty which enthralls you always.

Scent: Deep, dark and smokey bonfire floral
Mood: Untamed Pagan wildness, ineffable woman. 

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

IRIS ROOT ~ Friendship, faith, wisdom, valor and promise; purification, resurrection.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMYRIS ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

It was the first one I put on right out of the mail. I forgot it was an alcohol formula and much thinner than oil so when I put it on in the way I put on things that I know I like, it ran down both arms on streams. It was way way too much. I’m had to wash it off. I loved it in the vial. I’ll try again tomorrow with a lighter hand.

This is as I hoped, bought FB unsniffed, because - well - Bonflower?! I was compelled...

Mmm, amyris? Such a unique addition. It is rich and creamy and smoky, slightly sweetened floral deliciousness! It really is amazingly all of those, a decadent conception! On me, it's earthy, woody, soft and floral with a touch of sweetness...and I'm a big sucker for smoky notes. This is wonderful! Blind buy totally justified 😍

I wasn't sure how I would feel about this one but it's an inspired blending for certain.  It really is an actual smoky floral and the smoke/resin/wood aspect really heightens the floral element, it's another one of those classic perfumery moments which ends up being so sophisticated and mysterious.  This reminds me of something from decades ago, in a good way.  The musk is really gorgeous in that vintage style, especially in the vial - it gave me an almost Cat's Eye kind of vibe.  I don't think this one is something that I would wear with any regularity but it's so beautiful just from a purely aesthetic point of view.

ETA: I don't really get any sweetness from this, at least not an obvious kind of sweetness.  But darker/deeper notes tend to amp on me anyway.

I had an enforced wait period  which allowed my order have time to get over its travel shock (because I was out of town when my goodies arrived)  I was so excited to try this, and I'm definitely not disappointed.   It is extremely well blended, and just gets lovelier and lovelier the longer it is on my skin.  It  does not read overly floral to me, it is more of a perfect woody musk.  The sandalwood, amyris  and musk are just perfect with the iris root.  It is  incredible.  As is typical for my skin, the smoke stays subtle. 

Is anyone getting the marshmallow whipped cream from the description? I’m curious about this one, but really dislike marshmallow, even roasted ones.

1 hour ago, oceanjewel said:

Is anyone getting the marshmallow whipped cream from the description? I’m curious about this one, but really dislike marshmallow, even roasted ones.

Only after it has been on a few hours. It does not open with it. IMO get a trial vial to see. It is exquisite. 

1 hour ago, oceanjewel said:

For me, it's wearing as a hint of some sweetness in the dry down. It's not marshmallow on me, more of a sweet cream nuance, very light, barely there. It may be intended to trick your mind into thinking marshmallow, (with the smokey, bonfire idea) but marshmallow is not what I smell.

I put on a much smaller amount this time. It’s a Smokey floral musk with a hint of creaminess. I agree with Luna that it feels vintage. I do get sweetness but not overwhelming sweetness. Probably not a FB for me just because I have to be so careful how much I wear.

On 5/25/2019 at 10:44 PM, oceanjewel said:

@Eve Thanks! I have the sampler on the way

@NuTrix @luna65 Thanks!

I look forward to reading what you think and hope that you are pleasantly surprised! ❤️

I agree with the others that this definitely has a vintage vibe—I keep thinking Estee Lauder Youth Dew, although it has been many decades since I’ve sniffed that, and don’t think I particularly liked it. 

It’s not that  it smells like this particular fragrance, just an example to say that it has  an elegant classic aura.  

Edited by Eve

Out of the trial, this is straightforward powdery with a dollop of white floral on top. 

On my skin, this reminds me of the powder that accompanies a perfume line at grand, polished department store counter. The type that comes in that big round container. My grandmother always had one on hand. It wasn't Este Lauder, probably an older more obscure brand. I'm drawing a blank. 

Its pretty tactile, like that powder, there's a silky feel to it. 

A little goes a long way. There is that piercing quality to it, as this type is wont to do.

I can just imagine Betty Draper in the early sixties, dusting that big puff on. 

I get vintage in a mid century type way. 

I know it should be a classically woven, bonfire woods/floral.

Nothing I read as smoke yet.

I will test again. Those attars have to spike up over time. 

Edited by StacyK

• 4 weeks later...

I've been wearing this a lot lately.  It is good for the whole LFM aura, but also for something quick to spritz on when I don't know what  fragrance I'm in the mood for. Now, yesterday I had on an old ratty Steelers jersey, biker shorts and sneakers, and it did feel  it lacked  congruence.   Not enough to change, but it bothered me a tiny bit.  

• 2 weeks later...

This one is intoxicating. One me it is smokey rose and iris to begin with and then some sweet muskyness that comes in the dry down. This is not girly, this is a womans perfume, on me it isn't overpowering, but just a little different from what I usually wear. LFM is perfect for this scent.

Edited by Hildegerd

• 1 month later...

I was hoping for the smokey floral others are getting, but right now all I'm getting is smokey powder. I'm going to let this age a while to see if that changes.

• 1 month later...

I have a trial of this and I absolutely want to get a FB when I can.

It smells incense-like to me with some smokey and sweet notes. It does give off a earthy woman vibe to me and the scents morph the longer its worn. I do smell the faint sweetness of marshmallows but its faint and only noticeable if I inhale deeply (which I can't help but do every few minutes). I love how sometimes it has the smokiness come out. Definately a smoky floral as others have described.

The pheromones give me a mood lift but I've only worn this twice. The first time people wanted to chat more with me, but both times my mood has become more upbeat. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this on an airplane yesterday, and I did get a bit of that whipped cream accord. I didn't realize it was coming from me, but I was eyeing the bag of face down snacks the woman next to me was eating. "What is that? A bag of smoky sweetened nuts?" It was making me a little angry because I had only been offered ritz bitz by the stewardess. Where's my sweet and smoky treat?

It wasn't until later that I realized it was me. By the time I was in passenger seat of the rental car, all that was left was the smoke. Here's the thing, I couldn't stop huffing it. We saw a cool sunset and took a tram ride up (and down) the Sandia mountain in New Mexico. (Work trip for my man.) I don't want to smell how it smelled personally, I don't want it to be my perfume, but I couldn't stop smelling my wrists. I'd like the cuffs of my coziest sweatshirts to smell like that, just not my skin. I will cherish this sample, though, and save it for another outdoor sunset adventure. 

Haha, you were your own sweet and smoky treat! 😋  Airplane treat envy is real though! Especially when they run out of stroopwafels.

I have a trial of this, but when I first swiped it I didn't get any sweet marshmallow, just smoke. I'll need to try it again now that it's settled a bit. 

3 hours ago, hedgehog said:

have a trial of this, but when I first swiped it I didn't get any sweet marshmallow, just smoke. 

Careful. It might sneak up on you when you're least expecting it. 

@tyvey it did occur to me that it could possibly be an LP, but I never suspected it was on me! My man was sitting some rows behind me, but I didn't know where exactly. (He was actually in very back of plane.) I sat up real tall a few times and swiveled my head around looking for him. I knew he got on the plane with some new trials. It's not like I recognized the scent, it smelled like something I wanted to eat, but I made a mental note to ask if he scented himself mid-flight: If it was him, I was going to scold him for being heavy handed. What kind of a jerk needs to rub their personal deliciousness into their fellow flight mate's noses?