New Releases for August 2019 - OCCOs!

I have a hard time with the smutty honeys as well. Aja works well for me (not honey or cops but similar sweetnes & effect). Aja goes to a curry type smell on my best friend though. 

I don't think I would layer EoW w/ an OCCO, that might put you into overload territory. I would layer EoW with a non-phero scent. I'm going to be layering the Cherry OCCO w/ the Almond. These are gonna be yummy smelling, maybe someone will get tempted to try an get a taste if I'm wearing these. :lol:

On 7/26/2019 at 5:54 PM, anchoredinopulence said:

may be the apricot?

it's on top of the apricot - definitely cat pee pee

i am sensitive to cat smells and ferrets and dogs too - I can just smell the animal on people- but I never tell people "hey your cat has marked you as taken !!" 

honestly I am not sure anybody can smell it 

25 minutes ago, raydee8_love said:

it's on top of the apricot - definitely cat pee pee

i am sensitive to cat smells and ferrets and dogs too - I can just smell the animal on people- but I never tell people "hey your cat has marked you as taken !!" 

honestly I am not sure anybody can smell it 

It could be the patchouli. It smells like cat pee on me, usually when mixed with honey.  I can wear it in very few perfumes without it turning on me.

I ate in a fancy restaurant last night that had Butterscotch Pudding with Caramel Sauce and Whipped Cream on the dessert menu. I asked for it with whipped cream omitted and to double the caramel! It was so rich and I ate ALL of it. I was laying on my back looking at the sky and got busy counting shooting stars, I saw six! So I made my daughter come outside and lay on the giant moss covered boulder with me, and she was flipping around and possibly hitting me in the stomach, and all the sudden I was rather nauseous. I had to go inside and lay very still in front of a fan and commit to not moving a muscle. The dessert was just too rich and my body barely kept it under control, but I bet I would order it again!

The theme of this special story is this - Butterscotch is quite the evil Temptress. An OCCO Butterscotch will bring me to my own knees! 

1 hour ago, Bella15 said:

I can see several of these I will need! Do we need to reserve a trial set, or just order on the website?

If you want sale credit for them you have to wait a couple of days and ask for an invoice as part of your sale order. I am putting them in the cart tonight in prep for that so they will be orderable by morning, but pre-sales will not count towards THE SALE. :) 

By the way, I am adding them to the TEMP site first, and Etsy, and then Jennifer is adding them a day later to the new site.

If you'd like to see the notes, they are now posted here:

https://luvpotionperfume.com/shop/21642631/new-releases

They will be up on the new site within a day or two.

A portion of all sales from this set will be donated to the following charities:

ACLU
NAACP
Feeding America
The Trevor Project
Planned Parenthood
The Human Rights Campaign

Native American Rights Fund
The Southern Poverty Law Center
Natural Resources Defense Council
The National Immigrant Justice Center

A total of 10 charities for each of the 10 OCCO varieties. As such, we are giving you the option to join us and add $1 to the price of your bottle if you wish. When you see this option, "***+ Donate" it means you are opting to add a dollar per bottle (or bottle's worth of perfume) for charity.

Additionally there will be a separate Auction running concurrent with the sale to benefit the charity, RAICES.

Thank you for joining us in donating!

The notes sound amazing! I think that this will be my first full bottle set. I am practicing restraint (at least for now) and waiting until Thursday for the sale. I panic ordered last year,then got mad at myself for not earning the credits during the sale a few days later, lol. I'm not sure that the resin one will play nice with my skin chemistry, but will give it a try. I'm hoping that the patchouli is less prominent, as I like all of the other notes. Thanks, Mara, for putting together such a perfect collection of OCCOs!!!

6 hours ago, Hildegerd said:

Nice, because I actually prefer it to the new one.

Yes, we are still working out the kinks unfortunately. The world wide hack a few weeks ago knocked a lot of our work out and we are doing it over.

13 hours ago, Potion Master said:

If you'd like to see the notes, they are now posted here:

https://luvpotionperfume.com/shop/21642631/new-releases

They will be up on the new site within a day or two.

A portion of all sales from this set will be donated to the following charities:

ACLU
NAACP
Feeding America
The Trevor Project
Planned Parenthood
The Human Rights Campaign

Native American Rights Fund
The Southern Poverty Law Center
Natural Resources Defense Council
The National Immigrant Justice Center

A total of 10 charities for each of the 10 OCCO varieties. As such, we are giving you the option to join us and add $1 to the price of your bottle if you wish. When you see this option, "***+ Donate" it means you are opting to add a dollar per bottle (or bottle's worth of perfume) for charity.

Additionally there will be a separate Auction running concurrent with the sale to benefit the charity, RAICES.

Thank you for joining us in donating!

Great charities ! Love this. And the notes sound amaaaaazing.... I thought that I finally narrowed it down to two of those, at least for now, til I read the notes. Now I realize that I do in fact need 5 of them ASAP.

1 hour ago, greenappletart said:

Is the Buttercream Lemon like Butterscream the perfume was?

I was thinking the same thing - like Butterscream Lemon, and the Creamy Almond one sounds similar to Crema Delizia. Then the other two that are similar to Liebchen and Wild Cherry.  I can't wait to try them!

I tried to make the Lemon and Lavender ones as close to the B&B versions as I could. Creamy Almond is a whole new recipe not exactly like anything else, but yes, several will be familiar. When you add copulins to fragrance, it changes the character of the final scent so there are little tweakings throughout, even if I went similar to an older recipe...it's always gonna be a tad different. But if you liked the other, you should like the cop'd version too! :)

I went conservative on the sweetness with the Mocha because people ran the whole gamut from bitter to very sweet in their answers, so it's in the middle. Even the Butterscotch did not turn out as syrupy as expected after the cops were added.  Orange Droolious is medium sweet as well, by my standards. I don't think anything is actually ultra sweet. My personal faves are the Mocha, Raspberry, and Resinate, btw.

Just putting this here so I remember when they go on sale.  My bride is interested in the Butterscotch and the Raspberry Rhapsody.  YAY!  She's starting to take in interest in the scents! :Emoticons10311:

I've decided I need a full bottle set of the new OCCOs and I'm going to pick up a sample set for a friend as a surprise who I know will love them! And I want to get a mystery box but I don't know what kind??? I'm torn between shiney things or sweet things 🤣

17 hours ago, Potion Master said:

I tried to make the Lemon and Lavender ones as close to the B&B versions as I could. Creamy Almond is a whole new recipe not exactly like anything else, but yes, several will be familiar. When you add copulins to fragrance, it changes the character of the final scent so there are little tweakings throughout, even if I went similar to an older recipe...it's always gonna be a tad different. But if you liked the other, you should like the cop'd version too! :)

I went conservative on the sweetness with the Mocha because people ran the whole gamut from bitter to very sweet in their answers, so it's in the middle. Even the Butterscotch did not turn out as syrupy as expected after the cops were added.  Orange Droolious is medium sweet as well, by my standards. I don't think anything is actually ultra sweet. My personal faves are the Mocha, Raspberry, and Resinate, btw.

Thank you! This helps A LOT in my decision making. I was already looking forward to the Raspberry, but now I have to decide if I should just get one bottle, or two. Hmm...

• 8 months later...
On 7/25/2019 at 9:51 PM, Potion Master said:

We can thank Luna for Resinate and Raspberry Rhapsody and jamming with me until we came up with Orange Droolious.

"Jamming." I just noticed this. Such a blessing to have the time to stop and smell the (non-intentional?) puns.

Or these circumstances have caused me to go completely batty, once and for all.