OCCO 2019: Creamy Almond

OCCOCreamyAlmond.jpg

For those who thoroughly crave our creamed concoctions – experience everything you love in this deeply delicious OCCO variant! Warm almond and fluffy coconut cream folded into thick buttercream and cocoa butter with additional delights of sweet vanilla and smooth sandalwood. Simply luscious!

Couldn’t wait to try this one on today. It’s got the biggest most satisfying almond blast while wet. Of course that starts drying down immediately but boy is it fun while it lasts. This one is just how it sounds from the description. Almond, intense at first then subtle after a minute or two, thick creamy vanilla buttercream, and an undertone of smooth sandalwood. It’s not that sharp third eye poking sandalwood that occasionally vexes me, it’s blended seamlessly into the almond and vanilla. And it’s a necessary addition, as the vanilla would meld so quickly into your skin, it would disappear without that subtle sandalwood grounding it and providing a base. Beautiful. I have a strong feeling it’s going to fade rather quickly though. But that’s to be expected with simple lighter perfumes like this. Oh and the coconut peeks  through after several minutes which adds some more dimension. Never strongly reads cocoa butter but I can sense it at least if not smell it as clearly as I usually can. This is a master class in blending light creamy smooth notes into an edible smelling perfume. 

Yeah this is full-on ALMOND to start with, for sure.  But the creamy notes are almost immediately present for me upon application.  This does remind me of something, I just can't remember what, exactly.  There is a dense creaminess to it for me yet at the same time it's not as weighty as something like A Lick of Cream, for example.  It's a more sheer vibe overall.  It's really smooth and I think it would be a great base for layering with florals or resins.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the almond blast! I had forgotten the sandalwood until it started asserting itself in the drydown... it's unexpected and an interesting shift from the initial sheer foodie bliss. It's lovely and grounding-- I'm going to enjoy the heck out of this one!

Just got my bottle, and ❤️

Yummy almond right off the bat, just a hint of coconut. The vanilla is creamy and smooth but doesn't overwhelm the almond. They mix so well. In a few hours I'll check for the sandalwood (which I love) that would be the best addition! 

• 2 months later...