OCCO 2019: Resinate

OCCOResinate.jpg

For those who believe there is nothing more arousing than to resonate with the one they desire on a particularly deep frequency, slather this earthy reverie of gorgeously resinous notes from around the world…Tunisian amber and patchouli, Arabian oud and Indonesian sandalwood plus dragon’s blood, then melded with cocoa butter and a sweet splash of golden Summer honey.

OMG!  This is a resin-lover's dream!   I get ALL of the amber and patch......along with the oud and sandalwood in the background......then in the background, the sweetness of the cocoa butter and honey.  This is TOTALLY YUM!

Yea verily 'tis glorious!  I think the amber and patchouli are the deepest parts of the experience, but then there's that satiny-smooth sandalwood sort of layering on top, and then the sweetness.  I get just a hint of the oud and (fortunately for me) not any discernible amount of dragon's blood.  It's sweeter in the vial for me than on my skin, but it's woven in there as part of the experience entire.  But the best thing is the blending, much like with Blessing Oil it's just a skillful thoughtful wonderful blending of ingredients into this sensually beautiful creation.  And it's potent, but not, like, blow your head off potent -  you know it's going to stick around for a long long while.  This would definitely hang on during *ahem* strenuous activity.

@luna65 "strenuous" :lol:  I knew this was going to be my nose's soulmate when I read the description. A glorious incense type blend, with a deceptively small hint of sex in the air. The lizard brain registers what the nose does not, lol.

This was a little too powerful for me, I wish I hadn't heavily slathered before bed. I think a little drop would've been plenty and I'm afraid I must've slept through the best part. I'd say if you like darker and more intensely present LP's, like LP Black or Red or OCCO SLF, you're going to love this one. Apparently I'm wimpier than I thought!

I think this is my fave of the new OCCOs. It's super sexy and smooth - so lush and warm and creamy and deep. Maybe my skin is just drinking it up, but I don't find it to be super potent or dark, despite the incredible longevity. Just supremely sexy and sophisticated and depth-creating. I've been layering it with damn near everything.

• 2 months later...

Another wonderful OCCO! I get the ‘depth creating’
It turns into a sort of softness that I want to go away. So many things it would go well with.
Will have to see which one I end up wearing the most.