Blud 2019 w/Sexpionage-Halloween 2019

il_fullxfull.2067208817_7hk6.jpg

An exotically dusky resinous perfume evoking an aura of Autumnal decline, we’ve included a number of precious expensive ingredients so grab this one while you can! Multiple types of Dragon’s Blood blended with oud, wormwood, labdanum and various amber attars and EOs provide a shroud for a decaying apple, with further frightful accents of majmua, benzoin and storax. To make you the evilly alluring equal of such a mysterious atmosphere we’ve enhanced this with our exclusive SEXPIONAGE pheromone blend, a Copulin-heavy *sex bomb* mixture, with a smidgen of Androstenone to inspire sexually aggressive behavior in both you and your mate; softened with Alpha-Androstenol to steer the blend in a happy, playful direction.

Scent: Dark mysterious sexy resins with a hint of apple.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
DRAGON’S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
WORMWOOD ~ Divination, protection, love, calling spirits.
LABDANUM ~ One of the oldest known perfume ingredients. Considered holy, used in tribute, and as a sense-memory tool to stimulate the subconscious. Said to revive long forgotten memories and feelings.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
STORAX ~ Healing, mental acuity, relaxation, sensual, love drawing, deflection of negativity.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

I decided that I would just re-experience this rather than compare it to the original.  Even so, I'm pretty sure it's identical (or at least as identical as I recall).  I think what makes it so compelling is that contrast between the bright tart thread of apple and the background of all the deep resinous notes.  It's so weighty but it's not heavy - does that make sense?  Like it has a specific presence but does not call undue attention to itself.  And I like that, even though it's not really my thing.  But people literally demanded its' comeback, lol, so you know that means it's well-crafted.  And a perfect Fall perfume, honestly.

I love Blud. I thought about getting a virgin bottle, feeling pessimistic & down in the dumps over being single. But then I thought Carpe Diem! Get it with the Sexpionage, maybe I'll find a new love before the end of this decade. If not, Blud will age beautifully. Or maybe I'll just wear it out in public like a sassy boss b**ch. Either way. :lol: 

Edited by Beccah

Dragon’s blood is the deathest of death notes for me. Vial sniff: I said “nope.”  Wet: I did not like.  But just for kicks I kept it on, and the dragon’s blood had faded in a few hours, and it was just a dark, you might even say blood, red juicy spooky cloud around me for a while. Then it disappeared. Then about 6 hours in I started saying crossly “What smells so good??” and stomping around trying to figure out where the smell was coming from. It was coming from me.  It was the Blud.  This freaking collection 

I did however make the huge mistake of not checking/realizing before WEARING IT TO WORK that this had not just pheros but sexpionage 😱  

All day I thought “boy everyone is in a good mood today”... Women were chatty, super happy to see me, and hung on my every word. I also noticed they seemed to keep repeating themselves - a lot!  I know them all pretty well, and none of them are like that usually. So it was notable.    

One male colleague, we’re pretty good friends, & he’s never made a secret of being attracted to me but has never been inappropriate & it’s, just not a thing.  He’s usually extremely socially competent, but today, I came into a room and sat down across from him and he loudly blurted out something not exactly sexual or inappropriate but... kind of weird, while getting halfway up out of his seat and seeming to just barely stop himself from diving across the table.  A belated DIH/dazed expression crossed his face and he sat down, looking very confused. Several others of us exchanged glances. It was bizarre.

Another male colleague, who is pretty reserved, the type who frequently shyly drops eye contact, was sitting kitty corner to me but increasingly leaned WAY back, away from me, to a sort of hilarious degree, like 45 degrees, but did not take his eyes off me for like 15 minutes straight, staring with the intensity of a starving Big Cat.  It was super unnerving, and it’s what made me finally think to check what was in this, and then I was like oh ok well that explains ... everything.  So, no more sexpionage at work for me. 

ETA I just looked at the notes and there are no red fruits anywhere.  There is no accounting for my nose’s imagination. 

ETA forgot to mention! I got way too little sleep last night and was pleasantly surprised how not miserable I was all day. I think the sexpionage kept me going!

Edited by tyvey

@tyvey thank you for that story! I love how accidentally wearing pheros can sometimes turn the day into a sitcom episode. I can picture both of your male colleagues doing their strange little dances. Poor guys! 

• 3 years later...

After dabbling in unscented pheros, I decided to try this one, partly because it was on sale and partly because I love a good incense perfume. It did not disappoint. It smells like dragon's blood and frankincense incense smoke with a faint whiff of amber. I am the temple. 

I have yet to test it on bystanders, so updates to come later, I'm sure. 😉

And I'm back with an update. 😉

Straight up Sexpionage is definitely too aggressive for the public (and me), but mixed in Blud, it's perfect. It makes me a little bit more bold and gives others a nudge to approach. None of that prey/predator vibe (which is super fun sometimes but never with randos). For instance, I was out shopping and one of the guys at a shop mentioned that I walked in like I was on a mission. I said that I just know what I like and gave him THAT smile. I'm officially a menace. 😈

I'm going to need more of this. A lot more. This is so much fun!

• 5 months later...

I'm so bummed I missed this one (I was on a no-buy for perfumes for a while there), as it sounds like it would be right up my alley.  I love dragon's blood, so maybe there'll be something similar in the near future (Fall and Halloween are just around the corner...).  But a couple of comments above make me think that IN TINY DOSES Sexpionage might be a good social phero.  I will have to see what else might be available now with dragon's blood and get a sample of Sexpionage to experiment with. 

1 hour ago, Darbla said:

I'm so bummed I missed this one (I was on a no-buy for perfumes for a while there), as it sounds like it would be right up my alley.  I love dragon's blood, so maybe there'll be something similar in the near future (Fall and Halloween are just around the corner...).  But a couple of comments above make me think that IN TINY DOSES Sexpionage might be a good social phero.  I will have to see what else might be available now with dragon's blood and get a sample of Sexpionage to experiment with. 

It looks like there's 1 trial vial left on the old site. You can email the store to check. 🙂

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/725202746/blud-2019-w-sexpionage-halloween-2019

5 hours ago, Darbla said:

I definitely use Sexpionage as a social sometimes. I find that for me it works well as a social if I use it in something like this, where it's a phero enhanced perfume. That way you're not getting the full UN strength. I'll often use a short strip of a sexpionage phero enhanced perfume on my torso. Just an inch or two. Like some of the comments above, I notice it makes people chatty and giggly. I think sexpionage, at least in small doses, tends to make people more approachable. I seem to be pretty unapproachable when I'm not in pheros. (It's not at all intentional. I'm nice! Really! My shyness just unfortunately reads as guarded aloofness.) So, with a wee bit of sexpionage on, I become friendly-levels of approachable. For someone who is naturally more approachable, adding that extra bit may be too much, leading to more negative experiences. I suspect your base level of approachability impacts how it works for you. (At least that's my theory.) Everyone has really different experiences, though, so experimenting is a good idea.

And to keep things more on topic for this thread, I found that this version of Blud was more resin-y on me. It wasn't quite as apple forward as the first one.

Edited by greenappletart

19 hours ago, greenappletart said:

And to keep things more on topic for this thread, I found that this version of Blud was more resin-y on me. It wasn't quite as apple forward as the first one.

Yeah, I only pick up on apple now because I've been wearing it for quite a few months and my nose adjusted to it enough to pick up the nuances. At first there's no way I would've said this contains apple, but I catch it now.