Haunted Forest-Halloween 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.2067248477_d0q3.jpg

Far along a twisting path, where the trees grow close and the mist is thick, is a wild place where you should be cautious to tread...but if you should desire to go chasing ghosts, there is no better spot than our Haunted Forest. This unisex scent embodies a brisk Autumnal walk through a mysterious environ with woody notes of oak, evergreen accord and walnut plus fern and dried leaf accord, finished with intriguing hints of smoke, green peppercorn EO and bourbon.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

These woods are definitely haunted, it seems like such a cliche but...there is something here for certain. It isn’t just the tendrils of mist which slithered around us as we hiked deep into the forest, a strange silence seeming to hover over the land. We could hear the birds, and the wind through the trees, and even a nearby stream, but it’s as if they were all far away. We had all brought extra warm clothes because legend says it’s always cold in the Hollow and as I write this I can see my breath hanging in the air before my face. Weird sounds, cries and whispers coming from somewhere nearby as we gather around the campfire. No one wants to tell spooky stories, we feel like we’ve living in one. I don’t think anyone will be able to sleep, we all want to know what will happen. Maybe it’s just a feeling of unease that won’t go away. I hope. I say I’ve always wanted to see a ghost but now that the possibility is real I’m not so sure anymore.

It’s very late, we’ve all been huddled together to keep warm by the fire. But I keep doing a head count and it’s never the same? Somebody’s missing, I think.

And someone...or something...is out there, calling my name. I don’t want to go, but dawn is so far off.

And it’s so cold.

Scent: Autumn leaves and woods with a touch of smokey evergreen. On the masculine side of unisex.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
OAK LEAF & WOOD ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
FERN ~ Stamina, virility/fertility, sincerity, fascination, eternal youth, bestows confidence, riches, creates perimeter of protection, luck. Representative of ancient knowledge.
EVERGREENS (Nuts, Cones, Needles) ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
WALNUT ~ Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

This is definitely a forest fragrance - it's reminding me of something else but I can't think of what.  At first it has more of a green quality to it because of the fern, but it evolves to more of a woodsy-leafy smokiness which is really evocative.  I would say this is more of a guy scent but for anyone who loves outdoors kind of scents this is really nice, it's deep but not overpowering.

This smells like a walk in the woods on a chilly fall evening. Not sure what's giving it the cool air impression, the evergreen maybe? Its one of those outdoor types that isn't too masculine for me :) but I'm going to slather some on my man just to find out how it smells on him.

The latest of many proofs that you HAVE to try things ON.  In the vial I was like “Nope, men’s body wash” but tried it anyway.  It was unrecognizably different once it was on.  It was NOT pointy at all. 

Sure it was a *little* masculine, and a little too much so for everyday wear for my taste, but not unacceptably so.  I happily wore it for several hours.  

The smell had a green tint, yes, but mainly a chewy - like caramel chewy - sweet smoke pushed forward and billowed around and before me.  It was huge and very present and made me think of the LOST smoke monster, but benevolent. 

I am a smoke fiend so this is a compliment.

But most curiously this seemed to have a respect / popularity effect ?!  Ok now that I’m reading the notes, it makes sense. Of course. The magic!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is one of those where I'm reluctant to leave a review because I feel like I am having an entirely different experience than everyone else. Where my skin chemistry and my nose combine to not just put me in left field, but on an entirely different planet. Where I'm reading the reviews and nodding along while all the while internally going, "Soooooooooooo.......no one else is getting bacon, then?"

Because, somehow, I'm getting bacon.

I think it is something about the smoke, and maybe how it is interacting with the other ingredients. I've tried it twice, now, to be sure, and both times it was the same. Forest cologne scented bacon. Smoked meat lying on a pile of evergreens, like some sort of medieval yule feast. I felt rather like the ghost of Christmas present wearing it. Once the pastrami scent died down after a couple of hours, though, it was mostly a masculine pine. I'll wear a lot of men's scents, but this one was unfortunately a little too masculine for me. (Plus, y'know, the whole bacon thing.) I really wanted what everyone else got, but, alas, it was not to be. 😢

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 8:54 PM, greenappletart said:

Because, somehow, I'm getting bacon.

I love me some Sugared Bacon! But I'm guessing I'd pass on Green Forrest Bacon. I will ask my man to wear this again, now I'm curious. 

On 2/26/2020 at 5:43 AM, halo0073 said:

That made me laugh. Never ceases to amaze how people get such radically different impressions from same perfume, indies in particular. Skin chemistry and noses are a funny thing. 

Glad it could amuse! My skin chemistry does some very strange things, indeed.

19 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I love me some Sugared Bacon! But I'm guessing I'd pass on Green Forrest Bacon. I will ask my man to wear this again, now I'm curious. 

I thought my neighbors were cooking at first, until I realized it was me! As a long time vegetarian, smelling like bacon isn't exactly what I'm looking for, unfortunately.