Velvet Kisses w/Cuddle Bunny-Halloween 2019

il_fullxfull.2019960272_f0iz.jpg

A fragrance our beloved customers continually crave...a pick-me-up that will knock you out! We take our inspiration for this scent from an infamous alcoholic concoction called a Velvet Hammer, but we've brewed it not only deeply delicious, but velvety smooth and sensual. A rich melding of vanilla buttercream and two types of chocolate and espresso, and to make it perfectly perfumed, sexy musk and myrrh as well as a pale Oriental-style amber and a drop of orange EO. To invite those you want to come closer, we've included a dose of our exclusive CUDDLE BUNNY pheromone blend, the classic recipe of estratetraenol and copulins for inspiring cuddling - and what that inevitably leads to...!

NOTE: We have a few VIRGIN bottles (without pheromones) listed here, please make your choice with care!

Scent: Musky cocoa powder mocha.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong ‘magnet’ to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

This is pure deliciousness!  I  ordered one of the virgin bottles so I could slather myself in it. I love the chocolate/coffee with the hint of orange peeking through.   Although it has vetiver and musk, it smells very similar to the older bottles that I have - one with Cuddle Bunny, the other with BI, which I think are the 2015 and original versions. This will definitely get a lot of use!

Holy Yummers!!!!! I’ve gone through multiple bottles of the original 2011 VK through the years because I absolutely loved it and stocked WAYYYY  up on it so I never tried the later versions but I think this version is EVEN BETTER !!!! To me it smells More buttercreamy!!!!!!!

YES!!!! I am sure it is much more buttercream!!!

Oh this is to absolutely die for. 

O.M.G. I’m in love. Previous versions have not worked for me due to my sensitivity to frank and myrrh, but this, this is perfection. Stunningly delicious. If I didn’t know better I’d be gnawing on my arm. Rich warm cocoa and the perfect amount of coffee to balance it. And oh wow the Buttercream. This just easily jumped to all time favorite chocolate LP status. I think I have To get a bottle of this. Even though CB is not a phero I reach for due to my dude being a non responder to est. The phero is irrelevant though at this point.

I've not gotten my trials yet, so I'm just patiently reading these reviews, but it sounds like this VK would work well with the new OCCO Mocha?

Technically yes, because VK is a kind of mocha scent itself.

As a long-time fan of this one (and really anything like it) I decided to compare it to my bottle of the original.  This does have somewhat of a different dimension to it in that it's not as powdery as the original, but has a gorgeous depth.  My impression is that the new version is really blended, whereas the original (and presumably other rebrews) is layered.  The new version balances those aspects of bitter and sweet perfectly, earthiness and sweetness and richness.  I get the orange topnote in the vial, but on my skin it recedes to just a suggestion of that brightness.  I don't really get too much creaminess, though, which is okay but I want that buttercream too!

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

I've not gotten my trials yet, so I'm just patiently reading these reviews, but it sounds like this VK would work well with the new OCCO Mocha?

I think that I will try this tonight! Sounds delicious!

10 hours ago, Kayla said:

I think that I will try this tonight! Sounds delicious!

Please do and report back! I must live vicariously through your exploits until my box arrives....

4 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Please do and report back! I must live vicariously through your exploits until my box arrives....

I tried it last night and the OCCO Mocha overpowers the Velvet Kisses because the coffee note is so strong.  I layered the two scents instead of placing them in different application points, which was definitely a mistake because I lost the chocolate smell from the Velvet Kisses.  They are congruent, but when you try it, don't layer them. I will try again another night with separate application points.

17 hours ago, luna65 said:

Technically yes, because VK is a kind of mocha scent itself.

As a long-time fan of this one (and really anything like it) I decided to compare it to my bottle of the original.  This does have somewhat of a different dimension to it in that it's not as powdery as the original, but has a gorgeous depth.  My impression is that the new version is really blended, whereas the original (and presumably other rebrews) is layered.  The new version balances those aspects of bitter and sweet perfectly, earthiness and sweetness and richness.  I get the orange topnote in the vial, but on my skin it recedes to just a suggestion of that brightness.  I don't really get too much creaminess, though, which is okay but I want that buttercream too!

Oh wow! As always it’s so interesting what different people get due to personal chemistry! It’s literally ALL creamy buttercream mocha ( mostly chocolate) for me. No earthiness or orange at all!

On 10/7/2019 at 1:59 AM, Kayla said:

I tried it last night and the OCCO Mocha overpowers the Velvet Kisses because the coffee note is so strong.  I layered the two scents instead of placing them in different application points, which was definitely a mistake because I lost the chocolate smell from the Velvet Kisses.  They are congruent, but when you try it, don't layer them. I will try again another night with separate application points.

Good advice. I hate when I foil a scent.

I traded away the 2015 variant, not because I didn't like it, but I didn't wear it and ot ended up on my trade page. I do remember that good-bye sniff moment, when I was like, "huh. This is good. Wonder why I never wore it?" All I remember is that it was a heady chocolate. 

This, though. I wouldn't have traded this! I get a more earthy chocolate, it's richer. I don't mean that it's richer than any other variant of VK, I mean the chocolate itself is very absorbing. Like, absorbing my attention. I'm all about the buttercream in everything but it's not up front for me. This is a fancy perfume, an out to dinner perfume, not a "meet you at the coffee shop" perfume. It's powdery, but not dry; Moondust Cocoa was a literal cocoa powder on me. The powdery-perfume vibe must be from the musk, and the myrrh and vetiver must be what keeps it more rich and mysterious. This is absolutely not your average chocolate perfume. No orange on me, personally. 

Now that I have it, I wouldn't add OCCO Mocha, that one's much more of a party in a bottle and this is more sophisticated. 

Edited by Eastwood22

This smelled 95% the same to me as the original version I have except that I’m getting a tiny bit more resins than my mind’s nose recalls of the original.  Deep and delicious. I forgot about the phero and was feeling a paranoid sort of “what is UP with everybody?” all day (people being super attentive and helpful #EST) and only just remembered the CB 🙃  it has been 10+ hours since I put it on and it’s still very present chocolate amber powder *snorrrrrrf*

Edited by tyvey
Clarifying

• 3 weeks later...

💗💚💛💜 :Love09751:  💖💕

I snagged the last bottle (at least I think it was) of the 2015 brew, and something about that one clashed with my skin chemistry. 

The opening of this year’s is almost identical to how I remember the other, but, develops into a perfect balance of foodie and classic perfume notes. That drop of orange is there as well as the chocolate musk and vanilla. I’m not getting a whole lot of coffee. 

It’s that perfect balance of a gourmand fragrance. All the stuff I love, but yet doesn’t smell like I spilled a chocolaty confection on my clothing. So happy I tried it. Almost didn’t ...

PS, no one need feel obligated to buy these. I’ll work on depleting the inventory, in the interest of ‘helping’ LPMP stay in the black. It may take me a bit, but I’ll whittle the stock count of this as best as I’m able to.

So, you guys just know that it’s good (very very good!) and Eve will enjoy it for you. 

Okay, phew! Thanks @Eve! I wore this today and I really love it, but I'll save my money to buy all the futures of Lemon Buttercream Bodybutter! :ange:

Just now, Eastwood22 said:

Okay, phew! Thanks @Eve! I wore this today and I really love it, but I'll save my money to buy all the futures of Lemon Buttercream Bodybutter! :ange:

All???? Nooooooo.  

46 minutes ago, Eve said:

All???? Nooooooo.  

I kid. I do love this one, but other than Garland Latte, I still can't decide which ones I need from this release.

• 11 months later...

Wet, it is milk chocolate with the barest hint of the orange and blossoms reading floral. As it begins to dry down, they come out more along with the amber. The chocolate becomes more of a foundational note. There is a powderiness that makes it seem cottony. Within half an hour it is mostly amber, orange blossom, and myrrh. Chocolate always seems to amplify amber on me.  It develops into a dry powderiness that is still kind of floral (that isn't the exact right word, but it's what I'll go with) with the chocolate mostly appearing as a light sweetness in the background. I don't really get any of the coffee at all. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This one has aged so well, I found this in my desk drawer of my company's office in Walnut Creek, CA, this seems to be less powdery on me vs the original.  The coffee note in this is so lovely and comes out center stage for me... the milk chocolate is very light and mixes so nicely with all of the other notes, I think I like this version better than the original...

(My company is moving out of this office space and our President asked me to go to this location since I was at our plant in Phoenix to supervise the move and because its been years since I've been to this location I forget they assigned me a work desk and as I'm cleaning it out, I'm finding a bunch of LP)