Winter - Halloween 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.2067566869_3q5j.jpg

Inspired by an invigorating Winter’s day, how the world seems so crisp and clean in the frigid air, the sky so wide and the sun crystalline as it shines upon the icy landscape. Step into our olfactory frosty moment in time and it’s like you can hear the snow crunching beneath your feet as you amble through the woods in your warm woolly clothes, your breath clouding with the cold. Enjoy this evocative unisex essence of the season, featuring a pale green heart of varieties of spruce and pine with eucalyptus EO and warm fuzzy oakmoss mingling with an airy assortment of teas (Darjeeling, white willow and camelia blossom) on a bed of green musk and tobacco leaf.

Scent: A light and airy spruce tea scent.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
PINE (Nuts, Cones, Needles) ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
WILLOW ~ Mourning, healing, wishes, protection, divination. Feminine energy, inspiration, fertility.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
EUCALYPTUS ~ Healing, mental clarity.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

I like the pine/spruce/eucalyptus mingling with the teas thing happening - it's not necessarily what I like to wear, but as a scent it's really refreshing, I find.  It has a nice clean feel to it, just a tad soapy.  The tea blending really helps with that, to lighten it up but still keep it outdoorsy-crisp.  The green musk helps to pull everything together and makes it very wearable in a linear sort of fashion.  I think guys will be totally into this, but anybody who likes that kind of aura should enjoy this.

This starts out with a blast of fresh cool pine and spruce. The eucalyptus comes in pretty quickly and makes it a little less bracing. It comes off a little less medicinal than it usually does with the sharper pine notes. Gradually the oak moss starts softening the over all impression and then the green musk comes to the party and really smooths out the pointier edges. It’s quite the little journey all in a matter of minutes.  Really interesting combination of notes. I can’t remember anything quite like it before. If you like crisp winter scents you definitely need this.

This doesn’t evoke winter for me particularly.  In feel and mood it reminded me instantly of Soie et Fourrure - it dropped me into a hushed, fancy department store, surrounded by expensive luxurious things.  It evokes those textures, and velvet, and plush throws.  It itself smells verrrry expensive in a classic timeless way. 

As it dried down it turned more pillowy and plush. I thought of chinchilla.  It’s serene and confident. 

In later drydown it is very unisex - a dude in this could knock me down with a feather.  

Ok now looking at notes - I guess it’s mostly the oakmoss and musk I’m getting.  I’d never have thought there was eucalyptus or pine - didn’t pick them up, and this has none of the sharpness I associate with those. 

This is that rare blend that I’m convinced would smell good on anybody, anywhere, anytime.  Could probably even get away with it in scent free workplaces - it could pass for a skin scent almost (assuming you're an angora bunny 😛).   Instant classic.

Now in later drydown it is making me think of dudes in tennis whites and white sneakers and white framed sunglasses.  
Edited by luna65
Tried to fix for tyvey.

• 2 years later...

Winter really does smell like a warm cup of tea. Tea doesn't usually smell like tea on me, but here it does. It's like holding a mug of freshly steeped tea up to your face and inhaling deeply as the steam envelops you. That comforting feeling of drinking hot tea on a cool morning. As it dries the pine comes out a little bit more, but not bad. I was worried about the pine, but I needn't have been. It reads as a crispness more than pine, itself. The oak moss eventually takes over, but in combination with the eucalyptus, is more soapy than powdery. 

• luna65 changed the title to Winter - Halloween 2019