TH, BB or MLH to deal with roommate?

Literally asking for a friend.  I wish I lived closer so I could loan her TH and BB ... never tried MLH.

Long story short, friend is stuck in a lease with a nightmare (female) roommate and it's getting ... intense (not a strong enough term). Until she finds a way out of the situation, I thought to myself, why not introduce my friend to a band aid? 

I'm thinking she should get samples of all three and play with them but it never hurts to inquire with long time LP forum members as maybe one or more of you have had actual experience in living with someone who is intent to make your life hell. (All of her other friends are urging her to break the lease and she IS looking for something but in the meantime ..) 

TIA and I'd give more info but, the internet is a small world. 

edited to add, I did half azzzz use the search function before starting a new topic but I'm out of time at work. 

Edited by livinlavidacabo

Without understanding the nature of what the issue is, it is hard to recommend. If you could specific just a teeny bit what type of situation it is. Like doesn't she need to keep herself calm or is she wanting to help calm others? Or both?

I have not tried balm bomb yet. Not sure what MLH is so it's not even on my radar yet. But years ago I did like TH and H&S for dealing with people along with self effect. I'm just getting back into pheros now but based on past experiences I can recommend both of those for both self effect and having a calming uplifting impact on others. Also if the roommate is a woman, ones that work for bonding *might* help ease tensions and help them get along better or at least lower friction. To chill out and be happy I reach for Lace and now Levitation. Lace was more for chilling out and being happy. My guess is Balm Bomb would help calm but again, I cannot speak on that one yet.

Verbally abusive towards her and her teenage daughter. Adult throwing a tantrum because she didn't get her way kinda thing and there is no compromise. 

I don't have all the details but I know they pretty much lock themselves in their rooms when the female roommate is there and there are police reports. Friend IS trying to get out ... it's why I said band aid hoping there is something to take the edge off of the roommate while she is looking for a mentally and emotionally stable place to live.

She has been given all the best advice anyone can give her however, a little phero action MIGHT assist in the meantime. 

Friend is a really NICE person, but yeah, I think the household would all benefit to one degree or another.  

Bummer there aren't wax melts available at this time or anymore (I am not sure which it is).  Those are amazing.   

I am thinking that she might be better going with something like Dominance so the roommate doesn't find her to be an easy target. It may also give her more confidence and help her to feel less traumatized. Dom always makes me feel better if I'm weepy or feeling down during PMS.

Dom was my first thought too, especially because you said she is a NICE person - it might help send a different, needed signal.  (I have a hunch that something conciliatory or friendly or beta-feeling would make it worse. It seems like making the roommate want to be friendly would be much harder than simply making her RESPECT your friend.) She would have to try to act at least somewhat congruently with it though.

My other slight concern is that it MIGHT make the problem roommate up the ante to (eek) violence if it makes her feel challenged. Dom turns me into the Hulk, so I am afraid of it, haven’t used it much, & don’t know too well from personal experience whether that effect ever happens...?

Maybe she could try it on the roommate in a relatively safe situation, ideally in public with lots of witnesses...

Next to mind are BI for its no-nonsense vibe, LFN for its YOU *WILL* RESPECT ME effect, and maybe SWS - that would probably be the most “credible” and least jarring “signature” change she could try.

Edited by tyvey

yes I'm interested in this thread - for myself- not a living situation but around some "people' -  I am trying to find a defusing scent -  I have tried H&S this doesn't work, everybody else loves me but them-  LFM seems to have a mixed result, some days it seems to work  but I still have problems especially behind my back stuff.  I thought about DOM but I have concerns about the others feeling backed into corner. 

Just not sure what to do - I work on keeping myself in -check thru daily practices, plus I feel as though I'm on constant alert - I monitor myself constantly and now I have to write stuff down so I have a paper trail. 

Raydee, have you tried SWS? LFM works well for me when people are neutral toward me or already like me.  SWS keeps people respectful and “In line” when they don’t particularly like me.   That said, I’ve only used SWS in a professional situation so I can’t comment on anything personal.  But the fact that you mentioned a paper trail makes it sound like your situation might be professional? 

Geez @livinlavidacabo, that seems so awful! I'd recommend Balm Bomb or Teddy BB for when they're holed up in their room so at least they'll feel better.

@starlitegirl MLH is Mother's Little Helper. "An UNscented pheromone blend for women to help create a sea of peace and calm, pleasant interactions, warmth, coziness, friendliness and helpfulness...while secretly exerting a little authority too." I think MLH could possibly be good, I'd also recommend SWS. No one messes with me when I'm wearing SWS.

10 hours ago, starlitegirl said:

I've not tried SWS. Maybe when they do pherotines I'll give it a try. 

SWS tends to make me act more like an adult, and therefore, people treat me with more respect. My man, however, seems to get luckier with me when he's in SWS.